Registered Member.

Love the scape

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 55g tank 10g frag tank
adamhicks1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2018, 01:16 PM   #252
Pife
Registered Member

Thanks guys. Alk is dropping and everything is lookin a thousand times better since dosing chemi clean. I don't know what it changed in my system besides the cyanobacteria but wow. My cheato is growing great but I'm still getting a mat of green hair algae on top of it though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2018, 07:09 PM   #253
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

Great news, Brandon. Let's hope your tank will remain cyano free for a long time.

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2018, 03:21 PM   #254
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Wooo looking good man!!

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2018, 05:08 AM   #255
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscusHeckel View Post
Great news, Brandon. Let's hope your tank will remain cyano free for a long time.
I am hoping so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
Wooo looking good man!!
Thanks Dom.

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Unread 03/21/2018, 07:45 PM   #256
Pife
Registered Member

I snapped a crappy picture with my phone down in my frag tank as the colors are just starting to come around. I also tested my nitrates and they are between 5 and 10.

Unread 03/26/2018, 10:58 PM   #257
Pife
Registered Member

I'm real happy with the way everything is progressing with my system. Chemi clean is amazing. I am no longer dosing vinegar as I don't need it with my cheato growing. Nitrates around between 5 and 10 but I am horrible at the color chart below that with salifert. Maybe I'll try the red sea kit to see if I can find a more exact number. I haven't tested po4 lately but it was .03 Color is great and returning to everything but the growth is what is incredible right now. I'm planning on bringing my kalkwasser online because I've never used it and want to incorporate it before the demand gets to high. I'm keeping my alk above 7 and shooting for 7.8 roughly.

This past weekend my local saltwater hobbyists club put on our biannual fragswap. I got to chat up Jason fox during setup. He's a real nice guy with some amazing coral but most is to expensive for me right now. I did get a nice piece of his punk anacapora though. I also picked up JF barney and RR angry birds from another vender in a trade. I was upset because the angry birds rtned over night but I knew it was going to happen as it only had an ounce of two of water in the bag. It got cold. I floated it for an hour before dipping. Oh well love and learn. I wasn't thinking when he handed me the bag.

Unread 03/27/2018, 08:28 PM   #258
Pife
Registered Member

Here's the only good picture I snapped tonight. Is Jason fox pink anacapora.

Unread 03/28/2018, 03:34 PM   #259
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

I'm soooo jealous!! haha anacropora is super high on my dream list and the ones that JF has are gorgeous!!

Glad to hear the tank is cranking along so well too! Pity about the Angry Birds as that's such a gorgeous piece!

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Unread 03/30/2018, 03:00 PM   #260
reefmutt
Registered Member

That’s a neat coral! Ive never seen it around here.
Glad to hear the slime is behind you!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2018, 07:20 PM   #261
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:

I'm soooo jealous!! haha anacropora is super high on my dream list and the ones that JF has are gorgeous!!

Glad to hear the tank is cranking along so well too! Pity about the Angry Birds as that's such a gorgeous piece!
Thanks. It is hot pink and deep with color. He has some nice coral that's for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
That’s a neat coral! Ive never seen it around here.
Glad to hear the slime is behind you!
I picked it up so I could bring it here locally. I also have the green goblin anacapora too.

Tonight I dosed some homemade coral snow. I am hoping to take pictures after it clears.

I snapped one decent one before dosing.

Last edited by Pife; 04/02/2018 at 07:26 PM.
Unread 04/02/2018, 08:02 PM   #262
reefmutt
Registered Member

Omg that’s a damn fine lookin’ coral!!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
Unread 04/03/2018, 08:12 PM   #263
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Omg that’s a damn fine lookin’ coral!!
Thanks. Reef Raft Pink Floyd. Is one of my favorites.

Here are some more pictures from last night.

The stark white one is reef raft pink cadillac. It had been lost in the sand for over 2 weeks. I found it and laid it on the frag rack and low and behold it isn't dead. I hope it makes a complete recovery.

Unread 04/03/2018, 08:46 PM   #264
reefmutt
Registered Member

Nice.
I love that blue purple piece as well.
I wish I could make a Pink Floyd live and grow in my tank.
In all of the years my tank has been running, I have never been able to keep one happy.
Your colors are lookin’ good!!

Unread 04/18/2018, 09:29 PM   #265
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Nice.
I love that blue purple piece as well.
I wish I could make a Pink Floyd live and grow in my tank.
In all of the years my tank has been running, I have never been able to keep one happy.
Your colors are lookin’ good!!
Thank you Matt. I think you should try another one.

My life has been crazy busy the last couple of weeks and there isn't an end in sight. I've got into a bit of rythm with the tank and it's gong well. I've had to increase the flow on my calcium reactor so life is good. The color is pretty good. Pink could be better in a couple pieces. I need to get some Rodi filters as my tds is up to 3.

Unread 04/19/2018, 01:05 AM   #266
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

The blue frag looks very promising.

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2018, 07:24 AM   #267
reefmutt
Registered Member

Colors are looking really sharp, Brandon.

Unread 04/19/2018, 08:08 AM   #268
codydemmel4
Registered Member

looking a lot better! Glad to see that.

What is that wrasse in the last picture, one with the yellow tail?

SPS Dominant 180 gallon.

Link to my tank: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2618245
codydemmel4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2018, 09:07 PM   #269
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscusHeckel View Post
The blue frag looks very promising.
Thanks. The 2 blues are blue matrix and Oregon tort.

Quote:
Colors are looking really sharp, Brandon.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydemmel4 View Post
looking a lot better! Glad to see that.

What is that wrasse in the last picture, one with the yellow tail?

Getting rid of cyano was the best thing for my system.

I think you are referring to the splindid dotty back.

Unread 04/23/2018, 08:27 PM   #270
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Groovilicious Brandon!!

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 05/08/2018, 08:08 PM   #271
Pife
Registered Member

Thank you Dom.

I'm going to try and upload a video for the first time. Wish me luck.

https://youtu.be/oHU9OCjPm9I

Last edited by Pife; 05/09/2018 at 08:19 PM.
Unread 05/09/2018, 04:44 PM   #272
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Unreal banana peel!!

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 05/09/2018, 08:16 PM   #273
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Unreal banana peel!!
How about a second try in 1080?

https://youtu.be/zoSPvC_bYZI

Unread 05/09/2018, 08:19 PM   #274
Pife
Registered Member

I just spent the last hour and a half with my arm in the tank mounting a bunch of coral. I also managed to get the ugly frag rack removed.

Here are some unedited pictures of the results.

Unread 05/09/2018, 09:45 PM   #275
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
How about a second try in 1080?

https://youtu.be/zoSPvC_bYZI

Tank looks even better in 1080 haha and the corals and frags around the tank are looking great man!! Love those fish though!

Courtesy of Nils: