Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/09/2019, 01:59 PM   #1
dfleary
Premium Member

Question MRC Bio-Sump?

Does anyone have the MRC Bio-Sump? I'm starting a brand new system and was considering the 36" MRC Bio-Sump, however I'm having a difficult time finding pictures of the sump from all sides. Particularly the drain side, where water drains from the aquarium into the sump. The photos look like they just shoot water straight through the side the of the sump via bulkheads, instead of the water traveling vertically down first, then flowing up and through the filter socks. Something about this design makes me think that it would be more noisy, but perhaps the photos are just not sufficient.

I've contacted the manufacturer, however they have been a little vague in their answer. Anyway, anyone who has one of these - I'd appreciate your input or some photos!

These are supposedly very well-built sumps, but I want to know what I'm getting before dropping that much money on one ($1100).

https://www.mrcamerica.com/bio-sumps/

Current Tank Info: 120 Gal. Marine
dfleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/09/2019, 02:52 PM   #2
alton
Registered Member

Looking at the link posted I would think the small wholes separating the sock section would clog in time?

alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/09/2019, 04:36 PM   #3
Sharpimage
Registered Member

You could put a L piece of pvc from the bulkhead down into the sock if you needed to

Sharpimage is offline   Reply With Quote