Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/17/2014, 07:50 PM   #26
addictedreefer
Registered Member

Beautiful. That big purple is epic.

addictedreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2015, 06:25 PM   #27
this is me
Registered Member

Here's a new year update on the gigs. Happy new year everyone.

When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $4.95 per minute.

Current Tank Info: Miracle 360 gallons
this is me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2015, 07:34 PM   #28
RIGUY314
Registered Member

nice anemones! FTS please!

upgrade in process - Reef Savvy 60*24*24 rimless mixed reef - w/the works

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 425XL
RIGUY314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2015, 02:02 AM   #29
Bristle_Worm
Moved On

Wow, those are very beautiful.

Bristle_Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2015, 10:10 AM   #30
mrbnx
Moved On

Love the pics! Thanks for the updates. I'm hoping to harem in the next couple months...wish me luck

mrbnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2015, 06:26 PM   #31
OrionN
Moved on

Very nice

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2015, 07:28 PM   #32
this is me
Registered Member

Thanks everyone. Here's a fts of the tank as of 10minutes ago. Tank is 63"x32"x24"
Fairly new tank upgraded from an Elos 70 back in August of last year. Lots of sps frags.

When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $4.95 per minute.

Unread 01/07/2015, 12:50 AM   #33
Daniel62
Registered Member

Very Nice

Current Tank Info: 225 reef, 125 clown & haddoni tank, Haddoni's Big Bad & Beautiful, I Love Them!
Daniel62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2015, 09:08 AM   #34
Pinkskunk
Registered Member

this time around if you have to let them go, dont forget the guy name "Pinkskunk"

Pinkskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2015, 09:21 AM   #35
this is me
Registered Member

I won't forget you this time. To be honest, the purple one is more than what I want. My plan for this tank is SPS dominated. While I have a lot of sps space, the purple one is taking more space than I wanted. I will see if I can add more rock to the back and have more space for corals that way.
The good thing about these two is that they barely moved from the original spot I place them.

Unread 01/07/2015, 11:11 AM   #36
addictedreefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by this is me View Post
I won't forget you this time. To be honest, the purple one is more than what I want. My plan for this tank is SPS dominated. While I have a lot of sps space, the purple one is taking more space than I wanted. I will see if I can add more rock to the back and have more space for corals that way.
The good thing about these two is that they barely moved from the original spot I place them.
That Purple has my heart. If you ever decide to get rid of it, sign me up for a bidding war with PinkSkunk, lol.

addictedreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2015, 11:52 AM   #37
this is me
Registered Member

More of the purple with some life in it.

Unread 01/17/2015, 07:09 PM   #38
worm5406
Not afriad to admit wrong

That is very nice.

WOW...

That is what I am going to make my new 265 geared toward.

Current Tank Info: Tank:300g Mixed Reef 300+lb LR|4" LS|5x MP40W|75g fuge|5x RadionPRO|RO DB250 skimmer|Apex
worm5406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2015, 10:19 AM   #39
Kaman8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by this is me View Post
More of the purple with some life in it.
Wow what a monster . Really a beauty

Gratiana
Kaman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2015, 06:00 PM   #40
worm5406
Not afriad to admit wrong

That is really what I would love to have in my new 265.

UUGH

LOL

Current Tank Info: Tank:300g Mixed Reef 300+lb LR|4" LS|5x MP40W|75g fuge|5x RadionPRO|RO DB250 skimmer|Apex
worm5406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2015, 07:44 PM   #41
this is me
Registered Member

Here's an update of the duo. The colors are now a lot better than before. The purple regain all of its zoanthallae making it more brown in appearance.

Unread 08/01/2015, 09:53 PM   #42
ThRoewer
Registered Member

Wow, that purple one is a monster. Did they eat any of your fish?

Current Tank Info: 200 gal 4 tank system (40x28x24 + 40B + 40B sump tank + 20g refugium) + 30x18x18 mixed reef + 20g East Pacific biotop + 20g FW +...
ThRoewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2015, 09:46 PM   #43
thefuz
Registered Member

Gorgeous carpets and the rest of the tank too! Do these not do well under LEDs (saw someone mention MH/T5 earlier)? Do they move at all or generally stay put? What are you feeding and how often? Stunners!

thefuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2015, 11:46 AM   #44
this is me
Registered Member

I'm not going to comment on the LED since I am MH/T5 biased.
I'm not a fan of feeding nems. They get what the clowns give them and what they can catch during my daily fish feeding.
This is a comparison shot from last Nov(when first introduced to the tank) to now. You can see that they stay well put.
November 2014

August 2015

Unread 08/17/2015, 04:28 PM   #45
thefuz
Registered Member

How established was the reef before you added them? I'm assuming I'll need 6 months at least after reaching stable parameters.
Would you guys trust an online dealer or just local? Any cost expectations on a blue/purple?

thefuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2015, 06:17 PM   #46
akida
Registered Member

Impressive, I'm so tempted to go to MH but I want to give my ATI 24w 8 bulb a shot. Seems to be going well for now though. Awesome tank and love the gigs. I have a 10" purple that was bleached and a 5" that was bleached I'm trying to rescue. Going good so far but I noticed you said you prefer not to feed anemones? You don't feed your gigs at all? What benefit do you get from not feeding or is it just personal preference to keep nutrients down or worried about bad food? I also noticed you only have one pump for flow, is it an MP40 and no issues without foam guards? I have a 93 cube which my gigs reside and was thinking of adding a gyre 130 to supplement with my mp40 but worry about no foam guards.

akida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2015, 06:50 PM   #47
this is me
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuz View Post
How established was the reef before you added them? I'm assuming I'll need 6 months at least after reaching stable parameters.
Would you guys trust an online dealer or just local? Any cost expectations on a blue/purple?
The tank was an upgrade from an Elos system 70. The tank, however, is much larger and it was running in parallel for a couple months before I moved the content of the S70 into it. The giganteas were added 3 months after the tank was set up. Some of you may disagree with that but it worked out for me. In general, I would advise to wait unless you really feel that the tank is ready and the specimen is healthy enough to begin with.
I special ordered through a very good LFS. He sent me pics from his supplier prior shipping to the store. I was out of town that week but he texted me a couple pics of the giganteas when the they arrived. I only agreed to let the supplier ship to him after receiving the pictures from the supplier and saw how healthy they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akida View Post
Impressive, I'm so tempted to go to MH but I want to give my ATI 24w 8 bulb a shot. Seems to be going well for now though. Awesome tank and love the gigs. I have a 10" purple that was bleached and a 5" that was bleached I'm trying to rescue. Going good so far but I noticed you said you prefer not to feed anemones? You don't feed your gigs at all? What benefit do you get from not feeding or is it just personal preference to keep nutrients down or worried about bad food? I also noticed you only have one pump for flow, is it an MP40 and no issues without foam guards? I have a 93 cube which my gigs reside and was thinking of adding a gyre 130 to supplement with my mp40 but worry about no foam guards.
I don't feed the anemones because there's no need. Some people feed them because they want to get them bigger. That's not the case for me. The bigger the anemone, the more PITA for me to place my corals. I only want something for my clowns. The asymbiotic relationship is very enjoyable to watch.
I'm using 2xMP40QD running at max power in long pulse. The return also provide another 600GPH or so. I do not have issue with critters running into the pump. The snails sometime goes in front but comes right back out. I do not feed pause the pump so there's no fish can get in it.

Unread 07/29/2016, 09:27 PM   #48
this is me
Registered Member

Update of the giganteas and tank. Watch it in 4K. You can see the eggs from the clowns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhMOEZz_ULk

Unread 07/29/2016, 09:56 PM   #49
OrionN
Moved on

The green seem to be a lot smaller than the purple one. What ever happened to the tear on the column of the purple one?

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/30/2016, 06:23 AM   #50
this is me
Registered Member

Minh,
Thanks for noticing that. Shortly after my last update, the green went into a shrinking state. At one point, I thought I was going to lose it. It was strange since it has been happy and grown for over a year. I didn't know what to do and did not do anything but just watched. my purple one did not seem to be affected. This makes me wonder how many of those small giganteas are actually a monster at one point.
I don't know what happen to the pedal laceration on the purple one. It's still a monster and I haven't tried to find it.