Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/05/2018, 09:04 AM   #1
Vitaminz
Registered Member

220G Tank Takeover and Remodel!

So been out of the hobby now for 5 years, and been itching to get back into the hobby after deep sea diving while in Mexico. Was just in the middle of doing a brand new build and sourcing materials, when we found out from our landlord that he was going thru a nasty divorce and had to sell the place. So plans for the build got shelved and we had to start finding a new place to live. After looking at rentals after rentals, and let me tell you, there were some interesting places for rent. I swear there was this one place that could have been used in one of the Saw movies, creeped me right out! Anyways back on track, finally looked at this one place that had 6 bedrooms, perfect for our family. I was sold after the guy had a 220 Gallon tank in the basement. So started to talk to the guy about Saltwater and how I use to be in the hobby and itching to get back into it, so he said that if we rented this place, he would leave the tank for me. He didn't have time for the hobby anymore and didn't want to deal with selling it.

So finally moved into our new place this past weekend, and time to get started!

Here is what I inherited:

After spending hours cleaning the algae off the glass and general cleaning down the tank and filters. Next step is the lights, ordered some LED lights online from Dsuny:

Up next is building the canopy and install the LED lights in:

Still lots of work still that needs to be done, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Here is what the tank looks like as of last night:

Next on the list for tonight is a water change and fixing the skimmer, thinking the pump is gone on it. Will give it a good cleaning and see if that does the trick. If not, is it worth replacing the pump itself, or just buy a new skimmer?

Vitaminz is offline   Reply With Quote