Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/27/2013, 09:32 AM   #76
Floyd R Turbo
Either busy or sleeping

16 would probably work too but it doesn't spread as easily. 40 is more expensive and it is a little gooey but you can actually spread it with a paint brush if you get it to the right consistency and time it right. Mix it for a minute or two and then off you got.

But if you know exactly which cracks leak and you only need to seal those, 16 might be the way to go. You can always sand it off.

--> POSTS #3251-64 (Basics), #5206 (Cleaning), #6884 (LEDs), #729
Floyd R Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2013, 09:39 AM   #77
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
16 would probably work too but it doesn't spread as easily. 40 is more expensive and it is a little gooey but you can actually spread it with a paint brush if you get it to the right consistency and time it right. Mix it for a minute or two and then off you got.

But if you know exactly which cracks leak and you only need to seal those, 16 might be the way to go. You can always sand it off.
Since I already have 40 packed away in storage somewhere, I will use that once I find it.

Am I really doing all of this for a fish tank??????

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
SPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2013, 10:03 AM   #78
Adamc1303
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPotter View Post
Lol....I think if this one didnt cost so much I would've said that but since it was expensive I need to get what I can out of it. I didn't want to use the ca reactor on this one but given my twv, dosing will be too expensive. How's your tank doing? How's my buddy the dussumeri tang?
Hey Steve your entire crew is alive and well. I'll text some pics later.

Unread 12/03/2013, 09:58 AM   #79
SPotter
Registered Member

Flowwolf has arrived!

I have been busy with making some Black Friday purchases and had a nice surprise yesterday when my flow diverter and pumps arrived from Spain!!!

DC12000 pumps to run closed loops...I wasnt sure what to expect with these and I am really impressed with how they look. Wont know performance for a while but so far off to a good start.

Flowwolf Closedloop Diverter V2.0....again wasnt sure exactly what to exect from quality and weight. I had owned an OM4 before and remember how heavy they were. These are very light and the manufacturing quality is fantastic.

I will try to test one out soon with a bucket of water and more to come on the BF purchases as some of packages begin to arrive! It definitely feels good to be ordering equipment again and with a little luck the tank will be officially ordered this week.

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
Unread 12/03/2013, 06:16 PM   #80
Mike S
Registered Member

Youll be setting up the new tank before you know it. Your going to like those dc pumps. My new skimmer has a dc 10000. The skimmer arrived it too many pieces but that didnt keep me from throwing the pump in a 50 gallon tank and firing it up. It was whisper quiet. My main return may get replaced by one down the road.

Mike S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2013, 06:22 PM   #81
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
Youll be setting up the new tank before you know it. Your going to like those dc pumps. My new skimmer has a dc 10000. The skimmer arrived it too many pieces but that didnt keep me from throwing the pump in a 50 gallon tank and firing it up. It was whisper quiet. My main return may get replaced by one down the road.
What??? The skimmer was broken when you got it?

Unread 12/03/2013, 06:25 PM   #82
Mike S
Registered Member

Yep the base was cracked. Aquacave was very good about it and took care of it right away. I should be back in business tomorrow. Im starting to feel like a little bit of a jinx though lol.

Unread 12/03/2013, 06:28 PM   #83
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
Yep the base was cracked. Aquacave was very good about it and took care of it right away. I should be back in business tomorrow. Im starting to feel like a little bit of a jinx though lol.
Lol....seriously!

Unread 12/03/2013, 06:32 PM   #84
Mike S
Registered Member

Maybe its someones way of telling me I dont need a new skimmer... first your atb and now the skimz.

Is that a jebao pump btw?

Unread 12/03/2013, 06:34 PM   #85
SPotter
Registered Member

I bought it from derkroon. That's the company that makes the flow diverter. I didn't see any markings on it for brand name but I really didn't look that close. I will look tomorrow.

Unread 12/03/2013, 07:54 PM   #86
owenspackman
Registered Member

looks like i'm not the only one who has been busy buying stuff!!! It's exciting seeing equipment build up!

owenspackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2013, 09:06 PM   #87
Red_Ant
Registered Member

Following along. Hoping to build something similar next year. Probably 96x24x30. Where did you decide to get your tank? I'm in charlotte so probably could go to the same place if they have decent prices.

Red_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2013, 10:57 PM   #88
Alex T.
Registered Member

You're torturing yourself. Having all those toys without a place to play with them would wrack my last wit. It's like standing at home plate with no one to pitch you a ball for 3 months!

Current Tank Info: Currently in reboot mode
Alex T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2013, 07:40 AM   #89
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenspackman View Post
looks like i'm not the only one who has been busy buying stuff!!! It's exciting seeing equipment build up!
I cant let you have all of the fun Owen!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex T. View Post
You're torturing yourself. Having all those toys without a place to play with them would wrack my last wit. It's like standing at home plate with no one to pitch you a ball for 3 months!
Trust me its killing me!!!! I feel like a kid again trying to imagine in my head playing with all of the new toys.

Unread 12/04/2013, 08:02 AM   #90
Dustin1300
Reefaholic

Looks like things are stacking up Steve, can't wait for the tank to start to come together!

Check out my tank in the Large Tank Forums, "A Reefaholic's 1000+ Gallon Mixed Reef System Build"!

Current Tank Info: 600 Gallon DT, 140 Gallon Grow Out Tank, 125 Gallon Sump, 90 Gallon Fuge, 200 Gallon Fish QT, 15 Gallon Frag QT
Dustin1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2013, 05:30 PM   #91
Newbie Aquarist
Reefing is my middle name

Steve is building us up for the encore. An encore I cant wait to see.

Newbie Aquarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2013, 06:06 PM   #92
SPotter
Registered Member

A Low Country Reef Tank....one more final upgrade

Black Friday delivery #1.....200lbs of Marco Rock. I've decide to do dry rock in the DT and live rock in the rock tank.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386201921.157338.jpg

More deliveries scheduled for Friday and Monday.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386201957.123660.jpg (47.6 KB, 46 views)

Unread 12/04/2013, 06:17 PM   #93
Newbie Aquarist

You need to name a day for your deliveries.

Unread 12/04/2013, 06:19 PM   #94
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie Aquarist View Post
You need to name a day for your deliveries.
No no no....it won't be anything like that. This will be it for a while. Not much left to order since I kept a lot of what I had.

Unread 12/04/2013, 06:21 PM   #95
Newbie Aquarist

Quote:
No no no....it won't be anything like that. This will be it for a while. Not much left to order since I kept a lot of what I had.
I mean like Steve Mondays. I am pretty much in the same boat as you are.

Unread 12/04/2013, 06:25 PM   #96
SPotter
Registered Member

That's a tough reputation to live up to....not sure I can live up to that lol

Unread 12/04/2013, 06:27 PM   #97
Newbie Aquarist

Quote:
That's a tough reputation to live up to....not sure I can live up to that lol
Oh I am way sure you can.

Unread 12/05/2013, 07:46 PM   #98
owenspackman
Registered Member

whats you're plan for the dry rock and aquascaping? Any nice ideas on structures and techniques?

owenspackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/05/2013, 08:01 PM   #99
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenspackman View Post
whats you're plan for the dry rock and aquascaping? Any nice ideas on structures and techniques?
funny you should ask Owen. I have to decide on the closed loop hole layout first and then decide on the rocks. I have been looking at pictures of both closed loop and rock structures today. For the rock I am leaning towards two large structures.

Unread 12/05/2013, 08:07 PM   #100
Alex T.
Registered Member

Quote:
funny you should ask Owen. I have to decide on the closed loop hole layout first and then decide on the rocks. I have been looking at pictures of both closed loop and rock structures today. For the rock I am leaning towards two large structures.
So it's settled then...

Current Tank Info: Currently in reboot mode
Alex T. is offline   Reply With Quote