Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/23/2020, 06:19 PM   #1
wsboyette
Registered Member

Final Setup Completed !

Wooh-Hooh ! Finally completed setup of my 60 Gallon fish-only today; got the background installed
and the tank is looking 100% better.... Seven fish living and getting along well in the setup;
a beautiful assortment of clowns, damsels, angels, and a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse.

Current Tank Info: 60 Gallon Fish-Only With Dry Rock, Filtration: Aquamaxx HOB Filter/Skimmer & Aqua-Tech 30-60 300 GPH HOB Motor Filter, Livestock: Coral Beauty and Maroon Clown
wsboyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2020, 06:58 PM   #2
mike61289
Registered Member

The domino damsels will cause chaos and may even kill other fish. They're very aggressive. Be careful!

Unread 06/23/2020, 08:02 PM   #3
wsboyette
Registered Member

So far they've been getting along well with the other fish, they probably know that those others won't take any of their bullying !

Current Tank Info: 60 Gallon Fish-Only With Dry Rock, Filtration: Aquamaxx HOB Filter/Skimmer & Aqua-Tech 30-60 300 GPH HOB Motor Filter, Livestock: Coral Beauty and Maroon Clown
Unread 06/24/2020, 11:32 AM   #4
mike61289
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsboyette View Post
So far they've been getting along well with the other fish, they probably know that those others won't take any of their bullying !
You'd be surprised. I had an adult kill a lemon peel angel and nipped the fins off of an ocellaris clown before I was able to get him out. Be prepared to remove them if things get bad. Domino damsels are one of the most aggressive species of damsels out there.

Unread 06/24/2020, 06:21 PM   #5
wsboyette
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike61289 View Post
You'd be surprised. I had an adult kill a lemon peel angel and nipped the fins off of an ocellaris clown before I was able to get him out. Be prepared to remove them if things get bad. Domino damsels are one of the most aggressive species of damsels out there.
Omigosh Mike ! You really had some problem damsels there ! Well, mine are getting along with the other fish just fine at present, I hope it continues, as I would hate to have to try to remove the damsels with that big artificial reef in the tank.

Unread 07/03/2020, 10:59 PM   #6
Fiish
Registered Member

I think the damsels will eventually become more territorial as they get older, and this will give her a lot of headaches. Speaking individually, they can behave terribly badly or they can be model citizens. In the case of damsels they are almost always aggressive, and will grow more than their angels and faster. By the way, did you add live rocks to your setup for grazing the two angels from your tank?

Unread 07/04/2020, 02:34 PM   #7
wsboyette
Registered Member

No live rock in this setup, just an artificial reef.

Unread 07/05/2020, 01:49 PM   #8
Fiish
Registered Member

I suggest adding it, it's a vital point for angelfish. I don't think they are 100% comfortable with an artificial reef.