laugh no and cry later LOL

cheers

soreninkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2017, 08:50 PM   #127
soreninkl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120reefer View Post
Not if we have constructive input.The point of this post is to help people not talk about past events.... hope your not "Salty" about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now there is some sort of explanation from AF and heck yes we need to draw our conclusions and debate the results and statements from AF!!

I'm personally not salty about a batch of salt but getting salty if someone tells me not debate any issue while AF ask us to debate/ask questions at open forums rather than having one to one customer support.

Unread 04/20/2017, 08:50 PM   #128
shred5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreninkl View Post
I can't less agree with you! We hobbyist just use those test which are available at the shops, made for hobbyist. We hobbyist surely have problems measuring, leave alone color blindness, counting drop by drop, not being focused, our test vial wasn't clean and there are many more reasons to come up with. I for my self, I was using Salifert and was rather puzzled about the levels of mag/cal/kh and measured again and again thus, I measured 3 times and had similar values. After all I contacted the shop and they asked me to bring over some sample water and we tested over there with Salifert/Sera for mag/cal and Salifert/API/Sera/Nyos for kh. All the results came up similar, mag/cal couldn't be determined simply because the values were above the test kits highest value and all kh test kits showed values below 6.

Somehow I draw my own foolish conclusion and tried to contact AF but their only statement was "our salt is good, send some water and we test from yinsisted that only their tests are accurate and all others are......
I didnt say there could not be bad batches I just see numbers that could easily be test kit problems. Not everyone uses more than one test kits.. People are just too quick sometimes to point fingers without knowing the truth or digging a little deeper. sometimes it just easier to jump on the band wagon too.. I have had bad salt by corallife and reef crystals a few times and others.. I just think sometimes people need to look at their test kits.

Unread 04/20/2017, 09:06 PM   #129
soreninkl
Registered Member

Quote:
Wow tough crowd! So what your saying is there is no way for a company to recover??

Have a good day Sir!

This issue may have caused a little dent in terms of reputation but from what I saw they have a broad and (good) product range. Having a look at tanks maintained entirely with AF products, specially SPS tanks, they absolutely stunning and I am sure the owner or care takers are very happy with their (good) products.

Unread 04/20/2017, 09:06 PM   #130
120reefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Now there is some sort of explanation from AF and heck yes we need to draw our conclusions and debate the results and statements from AF!!

I'm personally not salty about a batch of salt but getting salty if someone tells me not debate any issue while AF ask us to debate/ask questions at open forums rather than having one to one customer support.

Was that comment for you?? Nope didn't think so bro.

We can debate things all day as long as they are constructive. The entire point is to help people ....

Sounding "salty" to me.

Lol

So now I must ask. Are you currently using AF products and are you having a current issue?

120reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2017, 09:13 PM   #131
soreninkl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred5 View Post
I didnt say there could not be bad batches I just see numbers that could easily be test kit problems. Not everyone uses more than one test kits.. People are just too quick sometimes to point fingers without knowing the truth or digging a little deeper. sometimes it just easier to jump on the band wagon too.. I have had bad salt by corallife and reef crystals a few times and others.. I just think sometimes people need to look at their test kits.
agree again and I'm not here to do AF bashing, I just posted that they have (good) products and many using them in a successful way

I had a bucket of reef crystals salt and it turned rock hard after 1.5 month LOL

Unread 04/20/2017, 09:15 PM   #132
soreninkl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred5 View Post
Not to mention there are people who would lie for a free bucket of salt.
never thought of that LOL

are those the same people gulping half their pint and then complain it tastes flat?

Unread 04/20/2017, 09:16 PM   #133
120reefer
Registered Member

Quote:
This issue may have caused a little dent in terms of reputation but from what I saw they have a broad and (good) product range. Having a look at tanks maintained entirely with AF products, specially SPS tanks, they absolutely stunning and I am sure the owner or care takers are very happy with their (good) products.

Now this we can agree on. You know we don't live in a perfect world and things can and do go wrong. That being said ..... it's been fixed

Unread 04/20/2017, 09:18 PM   #134
120reefer
Registered Member

Quote:
never thought of that LOL

are those the same people gulping half their pint and then complain it tastes flat?

You'd be surprised my friend lol

Cheers!

Unread 04/20/2017, 09:38 PM   #135
soreninkl
Registered Member

[QUOTE=120reefer;25055261]Was that comment for you?? Nope didn't think so bro.

of course it was for me as it was for the whole salty thread

We can debate things all day as long as they are constructive. The entire point is to help people ....

Sounding "salty" to me.

Lol

yes of course it is about help but you see a salt issue let people become salty
So now I must ask. Are you currently using AF products and are you having a current issue?

hmmm, I still have some "reef salt" and after that I change back to my previous salt mix. I would't say they any better or good but it gave me a little more confidence? And of course the customer support of AF did not encourage me on that matter either

Now even the other brand had some issues and asked their customers to roll the bucket a few times from left to right to "mix back the elements" and Since then I roll every bucket. My thoughts on this were "heck, your handle will scratch my floor thus, I rolled it outdoors praying that the lid doesn't come off. I'm sure my neighbors thoughts are "hey look the fool is out again and rolling a bucket"

as too much salt makes us thirsty..

cheers

Unread 04/20/2017, 10:30 PM   #136
Potatohead
Registered Member

Quote:
"hey look the fool is out again and rolling a bucket"
lol

Potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/21/2017, 04:51 AM   #137
120reefer
Registered Member

Lol

Unread 04/21/2017, 08:41 AM   #138
soreninkl
Registered Member

Quote:
Just one more thing, the above statement sounds hostile but was not meant to be. I wasn't angry or agitated but just punching in what came to my mind. 120reefer, please do take my sincere apologies on that statement!?

I know you doing all this as a volunteer and the least you need is a bucket rolling fool barking at you.

cheers again and have a nice weekend

Unread 04/21/2017, 08:55 AM   #139
120reefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Just one more thing, the above statement sounds hostile but was not meant to be. I wasn't angry or agitated but just punching in what came to my mind. 120reefer, please do take my sincere apologies on that statement!?

I know you doing all this as a volunteer and the least you need is a bucket rolling fool barking at you.

cheers again and have a nice weekend

No offense taken my friend . Just trying to help people.

Apology accepted. .

Cheers! You have a nice weekend also!

Unread 04/23/2017, 08:00 AM   #140
Piper27
I love bengals

I am so confused.. ..What exactly was fixed in the begining? From what date, or batch number is the salt supposed to be fixed?

I got a new bucket made in Nov, 2016 batch number 00596 and the bucket is changed. It's a bolder color and has a metal handle and not a plastic one like before.

Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2017, 01:37 PM   #141
120reefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper27 View Post
I am so confused.. ..What exactly was fixed in the begining? From what date, or batch number is the salt supposed to be fixed?

I got a new bucket made in Nov, 2016 batch number 00596 and the bucket is changed. It's a bolder color and has a metal handle and not a plastic one like before.

I've never seen a bucket like that .... do you have a picture of it?? Just curious

Unread 04/25/2017, 02:16 PM   #142
plyle02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper27 View Post

This is was a recent change to address a common complaint about the handles.

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/22/2017, 01:45 AM   #143
Bronx19
Registered Member

Not sure if this thread has died but thought I'd report on my experience. I mix up 60L at a time, I was using Red Sea and I'm now on my second bucket of AF. Never has a bucket mixed to what is written on the bucket, I always have to add something.

I'm on bucket number 000617. Mixed to spec on Mag and Cal, 0.5 dkh low.

Bronx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/2017, 06:29 AM   #144
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx19 View Post
Not sure if this thread has died but thought I'd report on my experience. I mix up 60L at a time, I was using Red Sea and I'm now on my second bucket of AF. Never has a bucket mixed to what is written on the bucket, I always have to add something.

I'm on bucket number 000617. Mixed to spec on Mag and Cal, 0.5 dkh low.
Hello,
We are testing all batch of salt on ICP-OES - if you need detail of your batch I can send you results, please contact me. Home tests kit are not accurate as ICP-OES that's why you can see different results.

Regards,
Aquaforest

Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2017, 10:39 AM   #145
ZorroV
Registered Member

I have batch 000522 of the Reef Salt. Can you send me details as to what the parameters are suppose to be. The paper with all the parameters/readings were not included.

ZorroV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/14/2017, 12:15 AM   #146
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorroV View Post
I have batch 000522 of the Reef Salt. Can you send me details as to what the parameters are suppose to be. The paper with all the parameters/readings were not included.
You have no quality certificate?

Unread 07/14/2017, 12:07 PM   #147
Floyd79
Registered Member

I've used 2 buckets of AF reef salt.

Pros:

I like how it mixes. Consistent numbers each week.

No clumping/hardening
No blue tinge in water

complaints:

mag is 1480 batch claims 1350

Ca is 400 batch claims

I have had issue in both tanks having a diatom algae on my glass and sand.
I have low nutrients and the only change was the salt

Floyd79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2017, 08:34 PM   #148
ZorroV
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
No I do not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ZorroV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2017, 02:24 PM   #149
prsnlty
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
I no longer use this salt but I will say that when I did I used the probiotics version. I went through four boxes and two buckets and I will say that I never received a certificate in any one of them. They never mix consistently either. I had the worst algae outbreak ever and it was the only change in my SPS dominant 180g system. I purchased a bucket at rap Orlando the last time. At the time that I was using this salt there was very little information out there. So when I went and picked up the salt at rap I was then informed that you must use the AF no phosphate supplement with this product. It would have been nice if there was information like that contained with the salt when you purchase the salt....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 180g AGA - drilled, 55g sump, Apex, DC12000 return, Custom LR overflows & return column, RO skimmer150, 2- AI Sol Blue LEDS, 6 X 80W ATI T5s, 2 x wp40 PH, JBJ ATO & 20g tank, Jebao DP4, 3 x TLF 150 Reactors for carbon and GFO
prsnlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/18/2017, 02:23 AM   #150
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorroV View Post
No I do not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hello,
Here is scan of your quality certificate: