Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/18/2017, 11:01 AM   #26
Small Heavens
In Memoriam

Oh darn, I'm sorry to hear so, they are a breed that have a harder time during the acclimatise period, remember to not blame yourself.

I found a type of the colouration at my favourite online trader, although this is not showing its central disk and tentacles that clearly on the picture there:
https://www.whitecorals.com/en/macro...n-an_171118_11

I think it usually means the various gasses inside it have killed it when they turn upside down. Did it make it?

Small Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2017, 07:36 AM   #27
justthewife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Heavens View Post
Oh darn, I'm sorry to hear so, they are a breed that have a harder time during the acclimatise period, remember to not blame yourself.

I found a type of the colouration at my favourite online trader, although this is not showing its central disk and tentacles that clearly on the picture there:
https://www.whitecorals.com/en/macro...n-an_171118_11

I think it usually means the various gasses inside it have killed it when they turn upside down. Did it make it?
He is definitely still alive. We now have him in a breeder box hoping he will get bigger and be able to thrive a little better. He is still pretty small but he eats pieces of squid. He doesn't seem to mind being in the breeder box. Since the last powerhead incident, he was down in a cave and I finally decided to get him out because he looked like he was not doing so well under there. When I got him out he was not colored up too well. We also were not able to feed him under there. Anyway, he looks a lot greener again. I just wish he would get a bit bigger. He is only the size of a half dollar coin. But he is still hanging in there. His mouth is tight and he is eating and his color looks a whole lot better again. In the meantime, we got a new anemone that is super healthy. It is a rose bubbletip. Having no issues with that one at all. It is attached in the rocks, it eats like crazy and is a good size. Thanks for asking about the little guy.

Current Tank Info: 90 gal tank AquaMax skimmer LED EchoTech Gen 3 lights Gyre150 RO/DI water
justthewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/20/2017, 06:05 AM   #28
Small Heavens
In Memoriam

Deleted this because I double posted the reply.

Unread 11/20/2017, 06:06 AM   #29
Small Heavens
In Memoriam

That's so good to hear!
I actually thought I killed my LTA some weeks ago after getting too much reef cement glue stuff in the water.

It pouted for a week and didn't want to blow up and was just small and mad and angry until it got all the stuff out I guess.

As far as I have been "told" by reading online, if you keep feeding it, growth should be easy (after it has settled in ofcourse), but they reach their normal "full size" in a year or two people tend to say.

I also hear that LTAs are not that good at handling transport but after that, they do grow hardy.

Nice that you got a rose! They are absolutely one of the best looking nems available!

I guess people often say:
"the Nem will move by itself where it wants too" but I see them more be "carried where the flow wants them" than anything else.

Good that yours was just sleeping with it's face down into the sand and it wasn't gasses as I feared it was.

Congratulations on hosting two live anemones, it's not a small task and we really do need humans to become more skillful at hosting Marine lifeforms. Every small contribution counts in the long run and I hope you have great fun.