Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Military Reefers Group
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/23/2011, 08:23 PM   #51
tpayne156
Registered Member

I am in the military stationed in 29 palms CA now. But I will be move soon to Camp pendleton CA. And I would love to help. I will be starting my biocube 14 soon if there is anyone that can help.

tpayne156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2011, 12:34 AM   #52
Army_JAG
Moved On

i just want to say hello and join the club, i am currently in Iraq. I am stationed out of FT Stewart. I will be back in May. Currently my brother is caring for my 28 gallon nano reef

Army_JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2011, 05:17 AM   #53
mwladdicted
Post Count D-M-S

This is a great idea. Im currently in afghanistan. stationed out of vilseck germany.Should be outa of here in a few months and back to my reef.Anyone else out of europe or tampa?.My brother back in tampa fl is currently caring for my reef.If a club gets started put me on the list!

Cheers,
-Tom

Unread 02/24/2011, 07:13 AM   #54
cdunson82
Registered Member

Hey Tom, I am out of Orlando Florida now, close to Tampa. Currently switchng from active duty to the guard and will be drilling in Plant City, which is only a few mins from Tampa.

Chris

cdunson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2011, 11:26 AM   #55
ChknWing
Registered Member

Hi all,
THis is an awesome idea. I am currently in Fort Lee, VA with the army but am moving to FT Campbell, KY. I have packed up and moved my tank 5 times now from deployments and PCS. I can deffinitley help in tips on movig and anyone that needs help in an area.
Andy

ChknWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2011, 11:47 AM   #56
dmastracchio
Registered Member

I was in the army a few years ago but now I am married to a airforce pilot. I currently have an empty 180 sitting in my garage that i fear of setting up because of the foreseen move in the next year. Where we go next who knows but I am also willing to contribute and help.

dmastracchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2011, 01:26 PM   #57
Bugcrusher
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdunson82 View Post
Hey Tom, I am out of Orlando Florida now, close to Tampa. Currently switchng from active duty to the guard and will be drilling in Plant City, which is only a few mins from Tampa.

Chris
Must be one of those cannon cockers! I retired from Fl guard in 2005, was in the 53rd SIB for 9 years.

Bugcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2011, 06:21 PM   #58
CueMusic
Registered Member

Is there anyway we can all get together a list of everyones emails and locations to help our fellow serviceman. I will try to start the list.

Name Location Email Branch of Service
Steve Montgomery Co PA SMalone74@gmail.com Coast Guard

CueMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2011, 07:23 PM   #59
sucker_fish
Registered Member

OK everyone hang in there, I promise we are gonna get this thing going, I would like to have it up and running within the next couple months cause after that I'm gonna be out of the country for a while. Some things that I need to know to get things on a roll are ideas for website, mostly how the website should be set up as far as organizing everyone and the areas they are in. Should we just do it by state or go even farther and break it down by major metro areas as well? Also if anyone has any info for making donations to charities that would be helpful, I'm thinking maybe like setting up a premium member area and having like a $30 annual charge for premium members of which a percentage I would like to set up to be donated to wounded warriors. any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

sucker_fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2011, 07:27 PM   #60
sucker_fish
Registered Member

By the way CueMusic has the right idea, if we can start organizing everyone now maybe it wont be such a hassle down the road, so heres mine...

Jeremy Gulfport,MS waterdawg413@yahoo.com US Navy.

Unread 02/27/2011, 10:12 PM   #61
mistaflicksta
Registered Member

Erik Guzman

El Paso/Ft Bliss, TX guzmanakaflick@hotmail.com Ret. US Army

Current Tank Info: 150H(48LX24WX30H), 302 Aquatics sump w/ATS, NWB 200 reef octopus skimmer w/DC pump, 2× MP40W, Varios 6 return pump, RKE, Avast Marine Kalk reactor, Kessil AP700
mistaflicksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2011, 10:24 PM   #62
dmastracchio
Registered Member

It would be great to get closer locations. Unfortunately, I am thinking with my upcoming move here in the next year it will be easier for me to give my livestock to locals rather then try to sell or take it with me. I think it would be great to know other military people on / off base in local areas to where corals and livestock can be traded and passed out. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but imagine having certain fish and corals that never leave on city and get passed on to multiple reefers.

dmastracchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2011, 11:45 PM   #63
schneidergarret
Registered Member

hi i am currently deployed on a meu im sitting in kuwait now with the internet and i am stationed in nc camp lejeune as of right now when i get back we will see where it takes us (the family) my sister is taking care of my 24 gallon nano cube right now and it looks like it needs some work when i get back i am also looking to upgrade when i do get back nice to know that there is so many military people on here

schneidergarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2011, 12:33 AM   #64
CPL_DSM
Registered Member

I love to join. I am a Marine in camp Pendelton right now, I'll be leaving to catch up with my unit this wendsday. I'm with the 13th MEU. I wont be back for awhile. However I just found a guy to take my Zebra Eel and my Nurse Shark. When I get back I have another PCS move. I am trying to go back east to or around Ohio. The cool thing is my my Shark and eel whill be doing the move with me. The plain is the next place we move to I'll have a tank close to 5000 to 6000 gallons.

CPL_DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2011, 12:54 AM   #65
AdamHI
Registered Member

Active duty Army. Planning (almost to purchase stage) my first reef tank, 75 gal. Expecting to deploy (again) in next year or so, and hope my wife and daughter will be able to keep it going - but I'm sure they'd appreciate having some in person or phone support. Luckily, I'm in a good position and should be able to "homestead" here in Honolulu, so may not need to pack it up too often.

--adam

AdamHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2011, 09:50 AM   #66
jet fixer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucker_fish View Post
Some things that I need to know to get things on a roll are ideas for website, mostly how the website should be set up as far as organizing everyone and the areas they are in. Should we just do it by state or go even farther and break it down by major metro areas as well? .
Just my opinion but Base/Post would probably be best.

jet fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2011, 10:50 AM   #67
schneidergarret
Registered Member

if you would put it at bases or posts would that be every post and base there is because that is alot of bases and everything you would have to get in contact with and what not

schneidergarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2011, 07:09 AM   #68
TJNEW
Registered Member

Also mil. at Camp Lejeune. Maybe you could just start a new sub-forum here that breaks down to states. and each state would have its own sub-sub-forum. If anyone here is a member of ArcheryTalk.com, they have that if you would like to cruise over and take a look at what i'm talking about, and then each individual from that state could post on there what they need or need help with and get local help, or if they were moving they could hop on over to the other state's sub-forum and post on there that they would be moving to the area and would need help setting up the tank or whatever. I think that would be the easiest way of doing things, not to take away from the mil helping mil idea tho.
here's a link to the arhery talk state sub forum.....
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Last edited by TJNEW; 03/01/2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: adding link
TJNEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2011, 08:19 AM   #69
israel.kendall
Padawan Reefer

+1 military sub forum then broken into sub-sub-forums by base would work nicely.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

israel.kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2011, 08:31 AM   #70
saltymight
Registered Member

I got out less than a year ago But I did 6 years 2 tours and got an honorable discharge I would like to join

saltymight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2011, 04:20 PM   #71
sharkysdad
Registered Member

Active duty Air Force. Davis-Monthan, Tucson, AZ. Great ideas people!

sharkysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2011, 06:07 PM   #72
sucker_fish
Registered Member

OK Great ideas, i think breaking it down my branch of service and then base locations would be great! I dont know why I didnt think of that, but then again thats what all the creative people on here are for...

Unread 03/01/2011, 06:14 PM   #73
israel.kendall
Padawan Reefer

I don't think branch really matters personally. There are tons of joint duty assignments. Plus, why would, say, a navy Guy in Hampton roads care if an air force Guy at langley looked out for his tank while he was tdy?

Actually, now that I say that, I'm thinking there are multiple bases in some cities. Might just want to break it down into cities or metro areas.

Its already going to be a small number of people, may not want to fragment it too much more.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

israel.kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2011, 12:35 AM   #74
Scuba_Steve
Premium Member

Sounds interesting. Active Army at Peterson AFB, Colorado Springs here. Been in the Army for 10, and reefing for 7...

Scuba_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2011, 08:28 AM   #75
SGT_DAO
Registered Member

hello, i'm stationed in ft hood. about to go out to play in a few =/

SGT_DAO is offline   Reply With Quote