Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Responsible Reefkeeping
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/27/2014, 05:31 PM   #51
accordsirh22
Registered Member

i was on pensacola gulf side and explored the bay a bit. i didnt find anything of interest other than royal stars that were a few hours short of death (seemed to have been washed up by the storm a few days before we arrived, most were missing limbs and lethargic). there were ZERO/NO/NONE/NADA inverts in the sand like all previous years, no clams or crabs. heck, i only saw 2 stinking ghost crabs the whole time. every other time i have seen hundreds. the only thing i ended up really finding was sea grass lol

accordsirh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2014, 05:57 PM   #52
Illhaveanother
Moved On

Anything good near palm beach ?

Illhaveanother is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2015, 10:06 PM   #53
tonyftlaud
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illhaveanother View Post
Anything good near palm beach ?
Check out the Blue Heron bridge and Phil Foster smith park. There is a snorkel trail there with a very nice assortment of life. Lots of youtube viseos of the area avail.

tonyftlaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2015, 06:42 PM   #54
saf1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi3tKid420 View Post
dang u guys are lucky cali area dont have none =[
How so? We have plenty but the water is colder so most animals, if any, will live unless you build a cold water tank. I was going to say though some of the best diving in the world is right here in Ca. Dive Monterey.

You can collect pods from tide pools, some clams, and what not to put into your tank (if that is your thing). Also water. I do it from time to time and it is super great stuff Same rules apply regarding parks and what not. But that is easy enough to sort out and keep everyone happy.

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon mixed reef
saf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/09/2020, 12:53 AM   #55
frizzo98
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckled Grouper View Post
I go colleting all the time and as Ryan said, not all coral are connected to LR.
Just study the FWC website and know what you can and cannot take.
It's a lot of fun, I was out in 2 - 3 feet of water last weekend and found a beautiful blue mushroom, gorgonians, zoanthids, seamat, lettuce nudibrach, decorator crabs, anemone shrimp, rock anemones, astrea snails, nerites, ceriths, sea stars etc etc. Pity the water is getting too cold for me now....
Have you tried collecting the flower anemones

frizzo98 is offline   Reply With Quote