Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Big Country Reef Society (BCRS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/19/2013, 10:02 AM   #26
brvheart
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshlawless View Post
UPS is supposed to bring my MakersLED sinks today, but if something goes wrong with this order from the store-that-shall-not-be-named, I'll assume I just wasn't meant to use the MakersLED model, and would be happy to get that info from you.
Ahhh, I thought we were talking about Steve's site...

The shop I mentioned locally is Gem State Metals. But I'm assuming they wouldn't be much help in your case, actually. I don't think they have anything close to the awesomeness of the MakersLED sinks. They are great for things like I built, which was an actinic LED supplement to MH lighting. I was in and out of there in less than 10 minutes with 2 custom cut pieces for under $6.

I actually am so impressed by the new LED lighting that I may go all LED. That pains me to say as a long time MH supporter. If I do, I will likely use MakersLED products.

brvheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/19/2013, 12:05 PM   #27
fairladyZ
Registered Member

i played with the idea of building my own LED's but just seemes like to much could go wrong. So i went with radion pro's. I'm new to this hobby and figured if i'm going to give it my best might as well do it right from the start.

fairladyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/19/2013, 02:05 PM   #28
brvheart
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
i played with the idea of building my own LED's but just seemes like to much could go wrong. So i went with radion pro's. I'm new to this hobby and figured if i'm going to give it my best might as well do it right from the start.
Now you're just bragging!!

J/K that's awesome. Hopefully you're enjoying those. It's funny, I always worry about getting the "best" thing available because I have nowhere to go up to get something better. I guess there's always something bigger and better on the horizon.. Those Radion's should last you a long time.

Unread 07/20/2013, 10:46 AM   #29
fairladyZ
Registered Member

haha no bragging. It hurt to take the plunge with them and honestly i didn't like them at first. I was so used to the t5's and how they lite everything up really bright. But after playing with the radions they are super nice and i love the control ability with them even though i've pretty much just set them up and left them. I really thought about doing the build your own route but i just didn't know if i knew enough to build them.

fairladyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2013, 08:11 PM   #30
Ruminari
Registered Member

Hey there fellow BOI/Meridian reefers. I'm pretty much in the same boat. Recently moved back home to Idaho from across country and had to sell off most of my equipment and all of my livestock. I'll be looking to get back into the swing of things hopefully in the Spring. One place I hit up when I lived in Moscow and did some trading with was Garf. Actually ended up getting a pretty good assortment of corals from them via trading.

Ruminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2014, 08:35 PM   #31
SantaMonica
Registered Member

Any LFS out there?

SantaMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/10/2014, 07:19 AM   #32
brvheart
Registered Member

Yes.

We're actually pretty furtive trio have 3 here in the Boise / Meridian area. You can pretty much make a drive down Fairview Ave between Boise - Meridian and hit all three.

Starting at the Boise end, there's Aquariums, Fish and Stuff a bit west of Curtis, in Fairview. Then there's Aquatic Supply on Wildwood, just north of Fairview, then there's Corals for Cheap at Fairview / Main in Meridian.

They're each a little different. I'm sure e could all share opinions on favorites here in this thread, but I suggest you spend a little time in all three.

Unread 06/11/2014, 07:02 PM   #33
SantaMonica
Registered Member

Corals For Cheap. We need that here too.

Unread 06/13/2014, 07:41 AM   #34
brvheart
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
Corals For Cheap. We need that here too.
What do you mean??

Unread 06/13/2014, 07:21 PM   #35
SantaMonica
Registered Member

I mean, all stores here in LA area are Corals for $$$$, even though they are next to the airport where the corals come in to the US.

Unread 07/08/2014, 12:28 AM   #36
undeadmoto
Registered Member

Hey everyone I am new to the hobby started with a 29g and recently upgraded to a 55g mainly softies and lps. I am in nampa area

Current Tank Info: 90g mixed reef
undeadmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/08/2014, 08:07 PM   #37
brvheart
Registered Member

Online order?

Anybody ready to go in on an online order?

And hey Undeadmoto, welcome to the hobby. And let us know if we can help out!

Unread 12/16/2015, 05:47 PM   #38
mountainraised
Registered Member

Allow me to Introduce Myself

Hey all!

I'm a Northern Idahoan, moved to Moscow ID from Coeur d Alene.

Looking to get back into the hobby after losing everything to power outtages 5 years ago. Anyone from the Palouse or Camas Prairie? Where do you go for saltwater supplies? Moscow's LFS switched to freshwater only.

I'm a big DIYer and ultimately want to get into fragging, especially love me my LPS's.

mountainraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2017, 04:05 PM   #39
squeakymcmurdo
Registered Member

Hi guys! I'm in Star Valley, Wyoming near the Idaho/Utah/Wyoming border (Wydaho?) I'm originally from Billings, Montana. So hi you you guy too.

Are there any good LFS in East Idaho?

Or people that like to trade stuff? I don't have any (marine) livestock to trade but I have an overabundance of equipment.

squeakymcmurdo is offline   Reply With Quote