Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/03/2016, 12:01 PM   #76
muttley000
MTS Sufferer!

http://www.buckeyereef.com/forums/up..._39_121839.jpg
Here's a pic of mine since the thread is needing some!

Current Tank Info: 475 multitank system is now running! Several hundred gallons of additions planned!
muttley000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2016, 07:11 PM   #77
jason2459
Registered Member

Have you ever thought about swapping out the beckett with a mazzei to see what happens?

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2016, 09:20 PM   #78
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashawn View Post
MTC HSA1000 Anyone selling one?
Pretty sure MTC sells them ...

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2016, 09:00 AM   #79
jason2459
Registered Member

I got the waveline DC 12000 in. This also answered two of my questions.

First was how I got it in the first place when premium aquatics said it was sold out. I had it in my wishlist on their site and when I went to check it it said buy now so I did and it didn't complain so I went through with the order not knowing what to expect. Premium aquatics completed the order and when checking the actual product page it still says sold out.

This is for the apex ready version which they have listed for $279. About $20 cheaper then everywhere else.

Basically premium aquatics sent me the original DC 12000 pump with the apex ready upgrade controller separate. Which was pretty awesome they did that or they could have just canceled the order and say they don't have the exact products I wanted in stock.

Since they did that I now have my second question answered. The original waveline DC 12000 has a head height rating of 19.9' but the newer apex ready model has a max head height rating of 22.96'.

Originall dc12000

When I asked this to the RLSS rep I was told the upgraded controller fixed some issues and pushed the max head height higher through firmware upgrades.

I had no idea how head height would be increased by firmware updates. And as I opened up the upgrade controller box my question was instantly answered. Not only is the controller upgraded on the newer apex ready model but so is the prop. The upgrade kit includes it.

And with that it's rated now for 22.96'

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
Unread 04/08/2016, 05:57 PM   #80
jjvanb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2459 View Post
AND I just got an email from Jeff that he's still a little behind and plans to have my skimmer done by the end of next week!

It's all coming together now.
I'm hoping to see more about your skimmer any day now! I haven't bought a new skimmer in many years, and assuming you have good things to say, will be ordering an MVX soon also. I think I am almost as excited as you are to see what you will have to say about it!

jjvanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2016, 08:52 PM   #81
jason2459
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvanb View Post
I'm hoping to see more about your skimmer any day now! I haven't bought a new skimmer in many years, and assuming you have good things to say, will be ordering an MVX soon also. I think I am almost as excited as you are to see what you will have to say about it!

I'll be updating as I get things setup or change things out.

I'm waiting for his call and hopefully is any day now.

Unread 04/18/2016, 09:41 PM   #82
jason2459
Registered Member

Well, I never received a call. Probably never will.

Unread 04/18/2016, 09:41 PM   #83
jason2459
Registered Member

BECAUSE he just emailed me saying my skimmer is done and shipping out this Wednesday!!!

Unread 04/20/2016, 06:33 AM   #84
Chicago
Registered Member

quality products. hard sometimes to get on the phone.. turn around time can be a little longer than other companies.. but ... I have to stress this.. great guys to work with and quality products..

Current Tank Info: 500 gal starphire, reef sps dominated, 40 plus fish, 300 gallon sump in basement below, reeftek calcium reactor, reeftek kalkwasser reactor, lifeguard fluidized filter for rowaphose, 4 400MH 10k xm, 2 160 vho super attinic, DYI 50 gallon denitrator
Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/21/2016, 05:22 PM   #85
jjvanb
Registered Member

So, from the looks of it, it took like 5 weeks from placing his order until Jason 2459 got the call that it was shipping. So, if I decide to order a skimmer from MTC, should I expect a similar timeline? or is this possibly due to some of the small customization's he mentioned?

I don't mind I suppose, but it's good to know ahead of time.

Unread 04/21/2016, 10:41 PM   #86
jason2459
Registered Member

Quote:
So, from the looks of it, it took like 5 weeks from placing his order until Jason 2459 got the call that it was shipping. So, if I decide to order a skimmer from MTC, should I expect a similar timeline? or is this possibly due to some of the small customization's he mentioned?

I don't mind I suppose, but it's good to know ahead of time.
It's a good chance. I've ordered from custom fabricators before in other industries as well. I've never once gotten a product in the time originally quoted. Patience has always payed off in the past though as quality has been top notch.

I'm expecting the same thing here with this skimmer. We'll see soon enough. Good rule of thumb is double the quoted time. He quoted me 3 weeks and got it in 5 weeks. Not to bad especially what he's recently been through. I can't complain at all.

Unread 04/22/2016, 06:10 AM   #87
Chicago
Registered Member

the time it takes in my opinion is an ok trade off for the quality and pricing of the units. yes it will take longer than anticipated.. but it will depend on the amount of orders in front of yours. Again,, quality products and good follow through on how to use products.. owners will spend time with you on phone for example to tweek a calcium reactor.

Current Tank Info: 500 gal starphire, reef sps dominated, 40 plus fish, 300 gallon sump in basement below, reeftek calcium reactor, reeftek kalkwasser reactor, lifeguard fluidized filter for rowaphose, 4 400MH 10k xm, 2 160 vho super attinic, DYI 50 gallon denitrator
Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/22/2016, 07:35 AM   #88
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Maybe it's already been noted, but MTC is 'made to order'. Good news is that you get exactly what you want; bad news is it takes longer.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2016, 07:14 PM   #89
jjvanb
Registered Member

I think I can fit the 30" MVX under my stand. Think that would be a good match for my 150g mixed reef, medium bioload?

Unread 04/25/2016, 08:16 AM   #90
jason2459
Registered Member

Quote:
I think I can fit the 30" MVX under my stand. Think that would be a good match for my 150g mixed reef, medium bioload?
If it fits in the space you have for it that should be a good size for the 150 with any size bioload.

Unread 04/25/2016, 10:05 AM   #91
jason2459
Registered Member

Now I have to get to work on building out my new sump room to get to using this

Unread 05/22/2016, 08:39 AM   #92
muttley000
MTS Sufferer!

My mtc-1000 has been in use for 6 months now. No problems at all and couldn't be happier! When I get the rest of my system set up I will add another without hesitation!

Current Tank Info: 475 multitank system is now running! Several hundred gallons of additions planned!
muttley000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/22/2016, 09:59 AM   #93
azjohnny
Registered Member

Does anybody have any action shots of the MVX?

azjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/23/2016, 08:01 AM   #94
jason2459
Registered Member

Getting closer. I have a wall put up and almost done with the sump stand.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...673282&page=67

Unread 05/23/2016, 05:47 PM   #95
jjvanb
Registered Member

Quote:
Getting closer. I have a wall put up and almost done with the sump stand.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...673282&page=67
I've been following your thread, and am looking forward to hearing what you have to say about the MVX. I'm still debating between one of these and the atb 840. Hopefully you will help me decide.

Unread 05/23/2016, 09:21 PM   #96
jason2459
Registered Member

Thanks and the 840v2 is a great skimmer. But the mtx can scale up. The 840v2 is great for 90-150 maybe push into a 180.

Unread 05/27/2016, 08:36 AM   #97
jason2459
Registered Member

I've got a couple more things to build out before this goes live but getting closer. I have the sump on the stand and the skimmer ready with it's default and recommended setup.

Quote:
So far so good. New sump and MTX skimmer fits pretty much exactly as planned. Now to build the stand for the incoming overflow drains cryptic zone brute can. Need to make it so its high enough to overflow into the sump.

Unread 06/02/2016, 09:08 AM   #98
jason2459
Registered Member

Breaking in now. But I already feel it can handle a stronger pump.

Unread 06/02/2016, 10:17 AM   #99
ksed
Registered Member

Nice! thanks for the update
Interesting to see the performance with the other pump compared to the Mag.

ksed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2016, 09:42 PM   #100
jason2459
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksed View Post
Nice! thanks for the update
Interesting to see the performance with the other pump compared to the Mag.
Me too! I'm excited to play around with it and love I can use any pump I want and really any venturi as well and can be replumbed any way I want. Not locked into anything with these.