Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/15/2019, 11:30 AM   #26
ReefsandGeeks
Registered Member

Just an update, it seems all of the frags I got that were STNing are recovering well and growing much of their lost tissue back. I expect another month or two for some of the worse off ones to fully recover, but doing much better than they were after the swap.

I've since corrected my salinity, and worked my alk down to 8.6 instead of 11. My 2-part daily dosage has dropped from 105ml/day to 65ml/day while maintaining the lower alk in the tank. I assume the growth is lower, but the coral all seem to be healthy, so worth it for slower growth IMO. Maybe I'll experiment with elevated parameters in the future on a smaller frag system or something as I find it interesting and exciting to do. But for my display, I'm going to stick with what's working.

Thanks again for all the help everyone.

ReefsandGeeks is offline   Reply With Quote