Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/31/2018, 09:21 PM   #1
LeJeune981
Registered Member

So.. my simplicity skimmer broke.. ended with a great experience

I have a simplicity 120dc skimmer..
I absolutely love it.. easy to use and does a he'll if a job..
Anyways.. the other day.. it started to hum... it's normally dead silent..
I tore it apart thinking something for stuck in the impeller.. but the magnet on the impeller had chipped... it's about 6 months old give or take..

So I went to their fb page.. and sent them an email.. long story short.. a day later.. and a replacement impeller is on its way..

I see alot of vendors and company's out there that are hard to work with.. communicate slow.. or just don't back the products..

I always see negative things said about diff vendors and products.. so i wanted to spread my great experience with the simplicity products and customer service.. I am extremely happy with the skimmer.. and will continue running simplicity products in my tanks

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

LeJeune981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/31/2018, 09:54 PM   #2
Bpb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeJeune981 View Post
I have a simplicity 120dc skimmer..
I absolutely love it.. easy to use and does a he'll if a job..
Anyways.. the other day.. it started to hum... it's normally dead silent..
I tore it apart thinking something for stuck in the impeller.. but the magnet on the impeller had chipped... it's about 6 months old give or take..

So I went to their fb page.. and sent them an email.. long story short.. a day later.. and a replacement impeller is on its way..

I see alot of vendors and company's out there that are hard to work with.. communicate slow.. or just don't back the products..

I always see negative things said about diff vendors and products.. so i wanted to spread my great experience with the simplicity products and customer service.. I am extremely happy with the skimmer.. and will continue running simplicity products in my tanks

That’s refreshing to hear. Some of the bigger companies definitely don’t live by that same customer first philosophy and it’s about the almighty bottom dollar. Years ago, I had an impeller swell and burst on a 9 month old return pump. I won’t say the brand but it stars with S and is Italian. Contacted customer service. “Sorry. Impellers aren’t covered under warranty, we would be happy to send you a new impeller for $90 plus shipping”. Yes on a $110 pump. A $90 impeller replacement for a part that failed inside of a year. I avoid that brand like the plague now, and any brand that uses their pumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/16/2018, 07:10 AM   #3
LeJeune981
Registered Member

Wanted to update this.. my skimmer broke on Aug 31... I contacted that night..Saturday sept 1st they shipped out the new needle wheel impeller.. no mail Sunday obviously.. Monday was a labor day.. new impeller was on my doorstep Tuesday morning..

Now that's what I call absolutely great service!!!

Unread 09/16/2018, 07:13 AM   #4
LeJeune981
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpb View Post
That’s refreshing to hear. Some of the bigger companies definitely don’t live by that same customer first philosophy and it’s about the almighty bottom dollar. Years ago, I had an impeller swell and burst on a 9 month old return pump. I won’t say the brand but it stars with S and is Italian. Contacted customer service. “Sorry. Impellers aren’t covered under warranty, we would be happy to send you a new impeller for $90 plus shipping”. Yes on a $110 pump. A $90 impeller replacement for a part that failed inside of a year. I avoid that brand like the plague now, and any brand that uses their pumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's plain bad buisness.. sorry the impeller isn't covered... that's the main part of the pump that breaks.. and to charge that much.. that's insane!!
The new needle wheel for my skimmer came in and it had a price tag on it as well..
15 bucks...
So that's a relief in case it ever breaks down the road.. past the warranty period

Unread 10/17/2018, 02:05 PM   #5
Joel@Simplicity
Registered Member

Thank you LeJeune for bringing our customer service to light! We really try to make problems as painless as possible for users. We greatly appreciate you sharing the word!

Joel@Simplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/17/2018, 04:10 PM   #6
Daddyrawg
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel@Simplicity View Post
Thank you LeJeune for bringing our customer service to light! We really try to make problems as painless as possible for users. We greatly appreciate you sharing the word!

Daddyrawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/17/2018, 07:09 PM   #7
LeJeune981
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel@Simplicity View Post
Thank you guys for an awesome product line and awesome service!!

It's an expensive hobby.. it's good to know that certain vendors have your back..
Cheers my friend

Unread 10/17/2018, 08:58 PM   #8
gamerunr
Registered Member

Sounds like great customer service and a company that stands behind their products! Well done Simplicity!

gamerunr is offline   Reply With Quote