Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Marine Plants & Macroalgae
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/26/2017, 05:49 PM   #1
earthboy17
Registered Member

Fuge Light Recommendation help please

Just got a new fuge and its light isn't working. I got a good deal, so I'm not upset. but I need a new one. It might just be the bulb, but before I invest in a PC bulb that may or may not work, I thought I'd ask what you fine people are using on your grow tanks?

Also, what's the deal with bright white (midday) light vs these red/blue grow lights?

FWIW: my grow area is about 12" long and 4" wide... and 8" tall, if I was recommended to run some grow light LED tape down the sides of it.

Thanks!

earthboy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2017, 09:35 PM   #2
Jboone82590
Registered Member

If you want the fuge to work the get a good light don't save a few bucks and get a light that wont work.
I have the par 38 grow light on my cheato and it has almsot doubled in a and if you have the extra money get an even better one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jboone82590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/30/2017, 08:57 AM   #3
cougareyes
Registered Member

yeah I used a more expensive light, and found the simple par 38 bulb from lowes works just fine.

Current Tank Info: 210g fowlr: yellow belly dogface puffer, harlequin tusk, pinktail and pair of bluejaw triggers, majestic angel, orange shoulder and scopus tangs. one spot fox: 90g lps reef with an antennata , zebra and fuzzy dwarf, fu manchu lions, yellow mimic tang
cougareyes is offline   Reply With Quote