Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/20/2017, 05:24 PM   #51
juanmanuelsanch
Registered Member

whatever it was. You need to take into account that it will not come back.

I dont know how many time you have been treating or how much time you expect to treat. But quarantine should go between 30 and 45 days, depending on the cases. If you have a disease you need to observe very carefully the fish to avoid cross contamination.

I just found out that I have ich in my system, that means I will probably do 60-90 days of fallow time and treatment. The worst is... in that time you cant buy or do anything in the tank.

Anyway good luck

juanmanuelsanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/21/2017, 08:31 AM   #52
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Yea I normally do 5 weeks observation if they are healthy with 2 rounds of prazi pro. I just saw the coral beauty rubbing his gill on the pvc again repetitively. He also swam up to the goby at an angle fluttering his fins like he thought the goby is a cleaner or something. Shouldn't the velvet be gone by now? The cp level is between .25 and .5 on the salifert kit. Closer to .5 so I'm guessing around .4

Reefer1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/21/2017, 09:27 AM   #53
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Are the two fins on the underside of the fish called ventral fins? If so, his left ventral fin is clamped.

Unread 05/21/2017, 02:39 PM   #54
juanmanuelsanch
Registered Member

Probably something is bothering him or his stressed. Just keep doing treatment. IF they fish is eating its a good sign.

How many days its been since the first dose?

Treatment level is 0.5 with cupramine. Or at least thats what the bottle says if I remember well.

Just be patient.

Unread 05/21/2017, 02:51 PM   #55
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmanuelsanch View Post
Probably something is bothering him or his stressed. Just keep doing treatment. IF they fish is eating its a good sign.

How many days its been since the first dose?

Treatment level is 0.5 with cupramine. Or at least thats what the bottle says if I remember well.

Just be patient.
Most people say anywhere from .35-.5 is adequate. Also the fish hasnt eaten since 2 or 3 days ago, and when he did it was only one peice of mysis. His stomach is starting to look a bit pinched. The first dose was about a week and a half ago. Hopefully it's just from stress and he starts eating (preferably before since he's pretty thin) once I remove the cp.

Unread 05/23/2017, 11:27 AM   #56
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Well it's not looking good. He still is behaving normally but he is now extremely skinny and still refuses to eat.I know there's not a problem with the food I'm feeding because he loved it before all of this bs happened. So at this point it really comes down to if he decides to eat or not..... which I doubt.

Unread 05/24/2017, 10:37 AM   #57
juanmanuelsanch
Registered Member

My flame angel (which is in QT now) has not eaten since the day I got it (2 weeks ago), he nips here and there in the glass and pvc pipes. Maybe eats a pellet from time to time. Today I saw it eating the algae that is growing in the glass. Sometime they really get picky.

Have you tried meaty foods? shrimp? shells? Or any kind of a different food?

Unread 05/24/2017, 12:07 PM   #58
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Quote:
My flame angel (which is in QT now) has not eaten since the day I got it (2 weeks ago), he nips here and there in the glass and pvc pipes. Maybe eats a pellet from time to time. Today I saw it eating the algae that is growing in the glass. Sometime they really get picky.

Have you tried meaty foods? shrimp? shells? Or any kind of a different food?
Thats how mine was when I first got it but it maintained its weight. The fish is extremely skinny now. You can see his spine and his stomach is pinched. He is acting weak like he was before but I think this time it is just from starvation. I've tried mysis, brine shrimp, blood worms, formula 2 flakes, nls pellets, nori, and omega one garlic flakes. He will peck at food but it looks like he's to weak to suck it in and eat it. I hate to say it to but he's most likely a goner. Good luck with your flame. Hopefully he starts eating soon.

Unread 05/25/2017, 05:04 PM   #59
juanmanuelsanch
Registered Member

Well yes... it looks its a goner. To bad, we really tried to keep it alive. Better luck with the next one.

Unread 05/26/2017, 09:06 PM   #60
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Quote:
Well yes... it looks its a goner. To bad, we really tried to keep it alive. Better luck with the next one.
Yea we definitely did. He's still moping along. I'm hoping he can make it until Monday when I do a big water change and remove the cp. Even if he starts eating then theres still a chance his digestive system is pretty screwed up at this point

Unread 05/28/2017, 08:24 PM   #61
Reefer1991
Registered Member

Sadly he just died. He was floating around in the current. He would move a fin here and there but he was clearly a goner so I decided to flush him.

Unread 05/29/2017, 10:55 PM   #62
juanmanuelsanch
Registered Member

hows the guy after the water change?

Unread 06/04/2017, 07:44 PM   #63
juanmanuelsanch
Registered Member

Well I assumed they guy died

Unread 06/05/2017, 05:38 AM   #64
Reefer1991
Registered Member

I said in my last post he didn't make it. I might try another sometime in the future.

Tags
coral beauty, sick coral beauty, sick fish, swim bladder, trouble swimming