Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/26/2017, 01:23 PM   #376
jd371
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalty View Post
You cant use regular silicone tubing, its to big, you need to order new heads for your unit. I saw some on E-Bay
Yeah, I gave it a shot to see if it would work. I can get the tubing from Amazon, but I wasn't sure of the size and was hoping someone would know off hand. I'll have to measure when I get home.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TJ9YQU...ing=UTF8&psc=1

jd371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2017, 02:51 PM   #377
mannyhernz
Registered Member

Quote:
You cant use regular silicone tubing, its to big, you need to order new heads for your unit. I saw some on E-Bay
Yea, sorry it didnt work out.
Maybe they changed the manual
Good luck with whatever you decide to use

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

mannyhernz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2017, 02:54 PM   #378
mannyhernz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd371 View Post
Does anyone know the size of the tubing that comes with the dosing heads? I'm thinking I have pinholes in them because after I prime and remove the bubbles, a day later they start to form again in the output tubing. I replaced them with silicone airline tubing I had, but it was too tight and the rollers could barely rotate.
I used regular airline tubing on mine..
Working great

Unread 01/27/2017, 09:16 AM   #379
jd371
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyhernz View Post
I used regular airline tubing on mine..
Working great
Those heads don't look like the stock ones, did you change the heads? I went ahead and ordered the tubing, hopefully that will stop the bubbles. It's frustrating having to prime and remove the bubbles from the tubing every 2 days. If this doesn't work I'll look into changing the heads.

jd371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2017, 10:09 AM   #380
mannyhernz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd371 View Post
Those heads don't look like the stock ones, did you change the heads? I went ahead and ordered the tubing, hopefully that will stop the bubbles. It's frustrating having to prime and remove the bubbles from the tubing every 2 days. If this doesn't work I'll look into changing the heads.
Yea, i replaced pumps alltogether. Quieter, little faster and overall better service.
For the airbubbles, where are they accumulating? Near the heads? Or near the output? There's a thread about the heads being installed backwards from factory. I did fix my originals and it solve the back siphon issue i had.

Unread 01/30/2017, 09:00 PM   #381
oldsalty
Registered Member

Dang Manual is WRONG!!!

WELL,
So, as I told everybody I bought a DP-2, sent it back for a refund and bought a DP-3 and sent it back because it wouldn't dose when programed to do so. That was after Manny mentioned about the interval and said to enter 0 for every day and not 1. The manual that came with mine said (0 means NO DOSING, 1 means every day, so of course I set it at 1. The DP-2 I sent back just came back to me today because the vendor never picked up the package, E-Bay had already refunded me. SO,,, I thought I might as well try what Manny told me. GUESS WHAT? You guessed it. Setting the interval to 0, the thing dosed like it was programed to. Any of you who get one of these please be ware that the owners manual it comes with might be wrong. I am going to put this one back in and ditch the Bubble Magus I just bought because this unit will do so much more as far as programing than the BM. I wonder if the DP-3 I sent back will end back up on my doorstep???

Thanks to all who responded
Kelly In San Antonio

oldsalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/30/2017, 09:31 PM   #382
mannyhernz
Registered Member

Quote:
WELL,
So, as I told everybody I bought a DP-2, sent it back for a refund and bought a DP-3 and sent it back because it wouldn't dose when programed to do so. That was after Manny mentioned about the interval and said to enter 0 for every day and not 1. The manual that came with mine said (0 means NO DOSING, 1 means every day, so of course I set it at 1. The DP-2 I sent back just came back to me today because the vendor never picked up the package, E-Bay had already refunded me. SO,,, I thought I might as well try what Manny told me. GUESS WHAT? You guessed it. Setting the interval to 0, the thing dosed like it was programed to. Any of you who get one of these please be ware that the owners manual it comes with might be wrong. I am going to put this one back in and ditch the Bubble Magus I just bought because this unit will do so much more as far as programing than the BM. I wonder if the DP-3 I sent back will end back up on my doorstep???

Thanks to all who responded
Kelly In San Antonio
Glad it worked out...
Guess the new manual was revised wrong.

Unread 01/31/2017, 07:45 AM   #383
jimmcwibb
Registered Member

I just went through this entire thread and the same issues come up again and again. Here is a summary
  • The rollers are installed the wrong way. They should be installed like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgeMKU-YYo4

note the video shows them installed correctly initially and going back together correctly. The important thing is that the plate should be against the box, not away from it. This will solve the issue of fluid draining through the pump in either direction, and should mean you don't need check valves.
  • Air bubbles. If you use the nipples that come with the doser then air bubbles can sometimes be sucked into the joint on the "pull" side of the pump. Solve this by using a different connection, or putting cable ties on the nipples, or you can even get rid of the nipple and just slide the pump tube into your 6mm airline to form a nice seal.

This is the cause of always having some air at the top of your dosing line.
  • Dosing is consistently higher than set amount. E.g. dosing 2mL when set to 1mL, no matter how carefully you set up the calibration. This can make a big difference when spreading out a big dose over lots of little doses, e.g. 4x10mL doses becomes 44-45mL instead of 40mL.

I don't think there is a good fix for this apart from being aware of it, and adjusting your dosing accordingly. In some cases it might be possible to "trick" the calibration into dosing the correct amount. The important thing is to check you're dosing the amount you think you're dosing. Also, someone reported that one of their channels did not show this problem, but the other three did, so you need to check ALL channels.

jimmcwibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2017, 12:58 PM   #384
steallife904
Registered Member

i need to order some more tubing for my doser and dosing containers but cant remember what size tubing? i see it mentioned standard airline tubing, is that all i need to look for... no size or anything? also read 1/4 and 3/16... which is it???

steallife904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2017, 03:36 PM   #385
FlatFourVW
Registered Member

Hey @steallife904 I purchased this on eBay:

25 ' Aquarium Silicone Air Line Tubing for Fish Tank Air Pump 3/16" Standard for $3.31 haha and it works great for the Jebao/Jecod pump.

FlatFourVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2017, 08:49 AM   #386
steallife904
Registered Member

Have any of you guys with a Jebao dosing pump tried dosing 1 or 2ml? I have heard before anything less that 5ml at a time didn't work out well. I am wanting to set mine to dose like 1 or 2 ml every hour or every other hour during the day to keep it stable instead of only doing say 2 or 3 doses during the day to dose like 20ml for the entire day. Anyone had lucking doing this?

Unread 04/21/2017, 04:55 PM   #387
outssider
Registered Member

you could always dilute the alkalinity and calcium additives with more water then just add more of it....

outssider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2017, 11:29 AM   #388
steallife904
Registered Member

you think this is the best way to do it? instead of dosing say 2ml every other hour just dilute it and dose 5ml?

Unread 04/24/2017, 11:36 AM   #389
mannyhernz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steallife904 View Post
you think this is the best way to do it? instead of dosing say 2ml every other hour just dilute it and dose 5ml?

If you still have the stock heads on the jebao just set it to dose 1ml and it will dose close to 2ml. That's how I used to dose with the stock head/pumps. After I upgraded I can dose 1ml to the dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 04/24/2017, 04:33 PM   #390
outssider
Registered Member

Quote:
there is no limit to how much you can dilute the additives, there is however a limit to how concentrated you can make the solutions. it is obvious that the larger the dose of the diluted mixture the more accurate your dosing will be. if you need to dose 20ml and your dosser dosses 21, your dose is only off by 5%. if you're dosing 1ml and your dosser doses 1.25ml you're off by 25% !!

outssider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2017, 09:19 AM   #391
steallife904
Registered Member

ok so I think I will dilute the mixture by half. I use BRS 2 part so I will just do half of what they recommend and dose a higher ml.

Unread 04/25/2017, 07:05 PM   #392
steallife904
Registered Member

I previously bought some of the different color heads of eBay and installed them onto the doser tonight, I re calibrated the pump for ALK I put it on but while calibrating it will only go up to 250 (I think it's seconds) and stop. When it stops on 250 I only have around 80-85ml of water in my 100 ml beaker.... will the jabeo only calibrate up to 250???? If so how am I supposed to calibrate it?

Last edited by steallife904; 04/25/2017 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
Unread 04/25/2017, 07:07 PM   #393
mannyhernz
Registered Member

Quote:
I previously bought some of the different color heads of eBay and installed them onto the doser tonight, I re calibrated the pump for ALK I put it on but while calibrating it will only go up to 250 (I think it's seconds) and stop. When it stops on 250 I only have around 80-85ml of water in my 100 ml beaker.... will the jabeo only calibrate up to 250???? If so how am I supposed to calibrate it?
Maybe they were different voltage.

Unread 04/26/2017, 09:24 AM   #394
steallife904
Registered Member

it wasn't the motor I replaced, just the head on the outside. The originals are a white color, I bought a green and blue to replace 2 of them.

Does anyone know if the doser will stop at 250 when calibrating??? I did it 3 times and each time it stopped once it got to 250. I only did one head since I only want to run ALK right now but I will try the other one today. I guess I might have to put the originals back on and see if that makes a difference.

Unread 04/26/2017, 12:00 PM   #395
brownsps
Registered Member

Quote:
Have any of you guys with a Jebao dosing pump tried dosing 1 or 2ml? I have heard before anything less that 5ml at a time didn't work out well. I am wanting to set mine to dose like 1 or 2 ml every hour or every other hour during the day to keep it stable instead of only doing say 2 or 3 doses during the day to dose like 20ml for the entire day. Anyone had lucking doing this?
I have been using these for two years now and dose 2ml every day multiple times. I don't have any issue's dosing that little amount. I would rather dose 2ml 10x's vs 10ml 2x's.

brownsps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2017, 12:03 PM   #396
mannyhernz
Registered Member

Quote:
it wasn't the motor I replaced, just the head on the outside. The originals are a white color, I bought a green and blue to replace 2 of them.

Does anyone know if the doser will stop at 250 when calibrating??? I did it 3 times and each time it stopped once it got to 250. I only did one head since I only want to run ALK right now but I will try the other one today. I guess I might have to put the originals back on and see if that makes a difference.

Yes calibration stops at 250
When you replace heads you need to replace motor also the thickness of the motor rod doesn't match the gap that the heads have, maybe it's too tight or too loose. I purchased entire motor/head and replaced them. Never had an issue after that

Unread 04/28/2017, 06:56 AM   #397
Vinno
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyhernz View Post
If you still have the stock heads on the jebao just set it to dose 1ml and it will dose close to 2ml. That's how I used to dose with the stock head/pumps. After I upgraded I can dose 1ml to the dot.

So by changing the head it does 1ml accurealty now? Got link to head you brought?i got the aqua medic doser and seems like a clone to this jabao.

Vinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2017, 01:57 PM   #398
CuriousFish
Registered Member

Program Setup via Computer

Hi,

I was wondering if the port on the back of the Jebao Auto Dosing Pump DP-4 was solely for the use of extra pumps? Would it be possible to input an ethernet cable and create a program to automatically run the program for each individual pump? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

CuriousFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2017, 06:09 PM   #399
mannyhernz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousFish View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if the port on the back of the Jebao Auto Dosing Pump DP-4 was solely for the use of extra pumps? Would it be possible to input an ethernet cable and create a program to automatically run the program for each individual pump? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I dont think it will work that way....its for a slave unit.

Unread 12/16/2017, 04:25 PM   #400
Oceanavekid
Registered Member

[QUOTE=mannyhernz;25059264]If you still have the stock heads on the jebao just set it to dose 1ml and it will dose close to 2ml. That's how I used to dose with the stock head/pumps. After I upgraded I can dose 1ml to the dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

What pumps did you get?

Oceanavekid is offline   Reply With Quote