Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/16/2017, 10:38 AM   #726
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by outy View Post
If this is for a feed pump I have had a maxijet1200 that has been working a decade on my GEO feeding it. That is overkill

If your talking about a recirc pump, I use an iwaki md15

Don't use that for a feed pump.
No, it would be for the recirc.

PacSun is sending a new pump, so I'll use that. But, we'll see if it lasts longer than a year this time. If not, I'll replumb for an Iwaki or panworld.

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2017, 12:11 PM   #727
outy
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieSmell View Post
No, it would be for the recirc.

PacSun is sending a new pump, so I'll use that. But, we'll see if it lasts longer than a year this time. If not, I'll replumb for an Iwaki or panworld.

I have been using an eheim 1048 on a GEO for a decade. had to rebuild the Impeller twice from old parts laying around from when we all built maxijet stream pumps. LOL it still running.

I'm using fine media so I went to the better pump.

Iwaki or pan or blue, all will last a decade or longer provided they don't suck media through.

I found a new Iwaki md 15 for 41 shipped on ebay last week. Guy still has a few more and will go as low as 25.88 plus shipping from NY of 15. in your shoes Id use the replacement pump your getting.

outy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2017, 04:21 PM   #728
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by outy View Post
I have been using an eheim 1048 on a GEO for a decade. had to rebuild the Impeller twice from old parts laying around from when we all built maxijet stream pumps. LOL it still running.

I'm using fine media so I went to the better pump.

Iwaki or pan or blue, all will last a decade or longer provided they don't suck media through.

I found a new Iwaki md 15 for 41 shipped on ebay last week. Guy still has a few more and will go as low as 25.88 plus shipping from NY of 15. in your shoes Id use the replacement pump your getting.
Thanks! I bought one of those pumps. I may not use it immediately, but it was a screaming deal.

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380

Last edited by HippieSmell; 11/16/2017 at 04:40 PM.
Unread 11/18/2017, 09:54 PM   #729
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

I took the old pump off. The impeller was smashed to bits, but there wasn't any sign of a foreign object causing the damage. I can't imagine how anything could have gotten in there, anyway. The new pump has a needle wheel instead of the paddle style. Is there a reason for the change?

The outlet threaded fitting also wasn't cemented to the union, so that might be where I've been having issues with increasing pH.

Unread 11/21/2017, 02:07 AM   #730
robbous
Registered Member

No longer do I have to keep my pH probe in a cup to monitor the effluent coming from my media chamber, between having this new cover with ph port and having the latest firmware with the degassing program my reactor has been running fantastic!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6585.jpg (45.5 KB, 80 views)

Current Tank Info: 500 Gallon display tank 200 gallon basement sump
robbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/21/2017, 02:46 AM   #731
TerenceF
Registered Member

@hippiesmell - check out my thread and see how many of those crappy AquaBee pumps I killed on my deltec carx due to overheating. Finally had to replace with a Sicce. Just search my thread for AquaBee. This is a well known issue for years with these pumps running externally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 11/21/2017, 04:05 AM   #732
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi Terence!
I remember we talked about that on Macna and I really appreciate your feedback - however when I shared my concerns with Aquabee owners and technicians they informed me that actual pumps have improved motor block and impeller and similar situations shouldn't happened anymore.

Hippie
Can you show me the photo of your impeller?
Maybe your pump sucked grain of media inside and it blocked impeller wings?
We had only few situations(we are using that pumps in all CalcFeeders and IBR reactors - sold already in hundreds since September last year) and overall we are satisfied from quality offered by Aquabee. They cover any warranty damages but not that made by mechanical particles(like sucked gravel/stones etc).
You got pump with skimmer impeller cause knowing from our experience - not so many Customers use very small size media(which require strong flow thru column) and pumps with skimmer impeller work very well.
Please remember that this union fittings should be glued to this white connector with external thread (part of pump) - that alllow for pump replace / unmount for cleaning purposes etc.
We have almost ready CalcFeeder PRO firmware update which allow to set/configure degassing times(one per day, every second day, two times per week and once a week).
Degassing allow remove from reactor not dissolving gas which is "produced" when media start dissolving in low pH water(amount of gas depend from media type).

Regards

Przemek

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/22/2017, 03:48 AM   #733
robbous
Registered Member

Being able to decide when you want to do the degassing is a nice feature I want to upgrade when this comes out

Unread 12/14/2017, 01:54 AM   #734
robbous
Registered Member

Any updates?? My reactor is now running perfect.

Unread 12/14/2017, 03:48 AM   #735
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello

New version of firmware for CalcFeeder controllers is available to download from our web site - http://www.pacific-sun.eu/pliki/calc...18_nopause.bin

We have added new degassing menu. You could choose how often You need degassing.

Best Regards

Pacific Sun Service

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171213_104246.jpg (67.4 KB, 67 views)
PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2017, 01:01 PM   #736
outy
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieSmell View Post
Thanks! I bought one of those pumps. I may not use it immediately, but it was a screaming deal.
Its a bit strong, lifts media its so strong.

I'm switching it out with an adjustable output small DC motor, everytime I shut the reactor down for water changes the reactor stirs up a mess inside with all the flow.

Works great of you don't touch anything, I think a md10 would have been perfect. Except these small Iwakis get really really hot running normally.

outy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/22/2017, 07:06 PM   #737
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

My reactor has been working well for a few weeks now. Fingers crossed all the bugs are worked out.

PacSun: do you still want photos of the broken pump? It's basically just a shredded impeller. No signs of foreign object.

Unread 01/05/2018, 11:57 PM   #738
jimmy n
Registered Member

As a guy who just broke his calcium reactor by dropping the co2 container on the peristaltic pump and shattering the reactor itself, is this a good investment? Be honest. I'm vulnerable.

jimmy n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/06/2018, 01:19 AM   #739
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy n View Post
As a guy who just broke his calcium reactor by dropping the co2 container on the peristaltic pump and shattering the reactor itself, is this a good investment? Be honest. I'm vulnerable.
I've had issues. More issues than most people, I'd guess. But, PacSun stood by their product and have been responsive. Right now things are running well and I'm cautiously happy. My guess is you'll have fewer issues than me, but I'm in this hobby for the long haul, so I don't give an unreserved stamp of approval unless something runs for at least five years.

Question: where do I get replacement dosing pump tubing?

Unread 01/08/2018, 02:39 AM   #740
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello.

@HippieSmell - You could order new tubings for Calcfeeder Controller pump directly at sales@pacific-sun.eu or service@pacific-sun.eu

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2018, 01:50 PM   #741
Ted_C
Registered Member

I have a request: can we get a firmware update to provide an option to open the solenoid manually (and keep it open)?

Since I'll be using your solenoid in-line with a regulator - there's no other way for me to vent the gas if I have to remove the regulator from the CO2 tank (and there's still gas + pressure in the system).

Unread 01/24/2018, 04:24 PM   #742
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi Ted,
I will send this request to our IT and they should be able to include it in nearest update(expected within two weeks).
Are you using actually latest version available on our website?
I'm glad to inform also that we have new "family member" in CalcFeeder family - CalcFeeder AC Mini white very small footprint - only 320x200mm.
Like "older brothers" it include everything what is needed to start reactor - except CO2 bottle, regular and media (include controller with touchscreen, solenoid , optical sensor etc).

Unread 01/25/2018, 01:26 PM   #743
Ted_C
Registered Member

Not the latest one with degassing options added. I just got back up and running after two months of down time due to a broken regulator.

Unread 01/31/2018, 07:49 AM   #744
Ted_C
Registered Member

Another question: somewhere above you mentioned that we (in the US) should go to deepwater for replacement tubing for the controller. How exactly are we to do this?

Deepwater doesn't have an internet storefront and the US page of the pacsun website is missing anything to order replacement parts.

I've burnt through my replacement tubing in less than a year of ownership. First one was my fault as I had connected the tubing in reverse and when i went to switch them around I broke the plastic connector between tubing and hose.

This 2nd one was leaking after less than a month of operation (even though I've had this set up from September - I've had multiple months of downtime due to multiple issues).

Unread 01/31/2018, 09:52 AM   #745
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_C View Post
Another question: somewhere above you mentioned that we (in the US) should go to deepwater for replacement tubing for the controller. How exactly are we to do this?

Deepwater doesn't have an internet storefront and the US page of the pacsun website is missing anything to order replacement parts.

I've burnt through my replacement tubing in less than a year of ownership. First one was my fault as I had connected the tubing in reverse and when i went to switch them around I broke the plastic connector between tubing and hose.

This 2nd one was leaking after less than a month of operation (even though I've had this set up from September - I've had multiple months of downtime due to multiple issues).
I emailed this guy and it was taken care of promptly: chris@deepwaterdistribution.com

Unread 01/31/2018, 11:11 AM   #746
Ted_C
Registered Member

Thanks Hippie!

Unread 02/21/2018, 06:47 AM   #747
jutrench
Registered Member

Good morning, I still could not start the reactor.

I am from Brazil, if you are having difficulties activating the reactor you can have a sense of what I am going through here, without a representative, without videos (tutorials).

First I'm sorry for my English.

I met this reactor on the internet and found it to be sensational, there is nothing similar here in my country. I traveled on vacation and bought it, I brought it inside the box, very well packed inside and out, with mentions of fragil and everything went well, it's with me, but it's been a week since I'm trying to start my reactor and I really need everyone's help, especially from the company that has been giving me email support, but I believe that here in this group is faster and more effective.

I followed the instructions, completed water in the two chambers, closed the alternately opposite screws, checked all the connections and hoses, connected without the solenoid and without the pH sensor, I left in 2000l / h for about 1 hour, but I am in the following situation:

1) The engine is making a noise

2) The solenoid activated the CO2 and stayed on for 6 hours, CO2 open with 2 drops per second, and at no time did the ph sensor trigger and send calcium.
Help me, I have read a few forums on the internet and several people have had difficulties, asked explanatory videos, step by step installation and videos of the main problems encountered by calcfeederpro users, it is very difficult, there is only a small manual on the European site and nothing else . I just did not give up because I paid over $ 1000 for this equipment that I thought was my solution.

jutrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2018, 04:28 PM   #748
Ppage666
Registered Member

Is anyone running the degassing chamber? Is it worth it? What media goes in it?

Ppage666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2018, 07:38 AM   #749
jutrench
Registered Member

Good morning everyone here in the forum, I tell everyone that I got all my doubts by email and my reactor started working. Thank you all

jutrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2018, 11:08 PM   #750
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppage666 View Post
Is anyone running the degassing chamber? Is it worth it? What media goes in it?

I do. Love it. Using reborn and remag in mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtint is offline   Reply With Quote