Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/27/2016, 09:20 PM   #751
Jgoal55
Registered Member

so I'm getting a lot of "water trickling" noise since I lowered the water level in the rear chamber. Is this normal?

On the bright side, there is definitely much better flow and no film build up. The positive definitely outweighs the negative, but wondering if there is something I can do about the water noise?

Current Tank Info: Being set-up. Timeline: One day.
Jgoal55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/08/2016, 11:59 PM   #752
Jgoal55
Registered Member

One more question because I don't love mine as I think it clumps too easily: what GFO reactors are you using on your IMs?

Currently I'm using the IM nano reactor.

Unread 09/10/2016, 09:50 AM   #753
whiteshark
Registered Member

Hey guys. I have been given a Nuvo 8 and pondering what to do with it.

Is the back glass tempered? I'd like to drill it but if I can't it's going to effect my decision of what to do with it.

Unread 09/10/2016, 10:10 AM   #754
ssick92
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
Hey guys. I have been given a Nuvo 8 and pondering what to do with it.

Is the back glass tempered? I'd like to drill it but if I can't it's going to effect my decision of what to do with it.
Not sure, but IMO I would just use the tank as the AIO it is meant to be. Unless you were planning on plumbing it into a bigger system, then that would be a different story.

I recently set up a Nuvo 10 and love how easy maintenance is on these AIO tanks.

IM Nuvo 10g Mixed Reef Nano | Kessil A160we | Mp10QD | Osmolator Nano
ssick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/11/2016, 08:28 AM   #755
whiteshark
Registered Member

I don't plan on adding it to a larger system. I just don't like the idea of all the equipment sticking out the back. I was thinking of just doing a 10 gallon standard tank, or something along those lines, but was given this tank for free. It looks a bit nicer than a standard tank, so I thought if I could eliminate the equipment in the back by plumbing it to a small sump (for a doser, ATO, heater, etc.) it would look even sleeker.

Unread 09/19/2016, 03:08 PM   #756
LarryW
Premium Member

anyone run one of the bigger Sr120's? I am thinking about setting one up but haven't see a lot of threads on them. Mainly the 60/80.

LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/23/2016, 11:39 PM   #757
Thunder1989
Registered Member

Anyone using tunze 9004 ont their nuvo40? How do you mount it in the 1st chamber? Sideways or facing the overflow? Also, considering tunze9002 not sire if it would fit tho. Or cadlights pls50. Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

Thunder1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2016, 07:03 AM   #758
Jgoal55
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder1989 View Post
Anyone using tunze 9004 ont their nuvo40? How do you mount it in the 1st chamber? Sideways or facing the overflow? Also, considering tunze9002 not sire if it would fit tho. Or cadlights pls50. Thanks in advance

I'm using the 9004 on the 2nd gen IM38. Have it facing overflow but had to modify the IM a bit by taking a dremmel to the plastic overflow lip in the rear chamber.

Took about 20seconds and the skimmer is unreal. That said, I believe it also fits sideways.

Unread 01/02/2017, 12:37 PM   #759
latinreefer
Registered Member

This thread needs an update or was a new one started?

Unread 01/03/2017, 09:21 AM   #760
HiImSean
Registered Member

I've got a 30L I picked up in November. I don't have any pics yet but I got a running system from a local reefer. Came with a couple media baskets and floss trays and fuge light, bought a 4x24 ATI sunpower for lighting, got a Apex Jr on the way. It also came with some LR from TB Saltwater and a nice pair of onyx picasso clowns. I've got a RBTA that will go in it once I get the lights hung. I need to buy a stand for it as well.

HiImSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2017, 08:35 AM   #761
rsepiphyte
Registered Member

I just ordered my Fusion 40 and stand from Drs. Foster and Smith. Everything arrived yesterday except tank smashed beyond repair but they are replacing it. Plan to use MP10wES, Kessil A360WE, Tunze Comline Skimmer 9004, Tunze ATO 3155. Have Walt Smith 2.1 rock curing and reef sand ready to go! Also going to start out using the Zeovit system.

rsepiphyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2017, 10:38 PM   #762
Thunder1989
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsepiphyte View Post
I just ordered my Fusion 40 and stand from Drs. Foster and Smith. Everything arrived yesterday except tank smashed beyond repair but they are replacing it. Plan to use MP10wES, Kessil A360WE, Tunze Comline Skimmer 9004, Tunze ATO 3155. Have Walt Smith 2.1 rock curing and reef sand ready to go! Also going to start out using the Zeovit system.
The vortech gyre is beyond perfect for the nuvo. with mp10 you'll have to vac a guaranteed deadspot.

Thunder1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 09:08 PM   #763
Hudsonsreef
Registered Member

Return max flow rate for Mini 38

I just picked up a 38 and was wondering what the max fllow rate for the return pump could be with out being to much flow for the sump/filtration area? I have a Jebao DC 6000 that can be dialed down to ~ 570? gph. Playing around with the idea of teeing this off to run some HOB reactors to open one of the chambers for macro algae. Is this an unrealistic pipe dream? Thoughts?

Hudsonsreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/21/2017, 05:31 PM   #764
andrew.gimlin
Registered Member

Just picked up a nuvo 20 from brs and stand from drs foster and Smith. Everything was swapped directly over from a 20l. Using a maxspect razor nano 70w (debating whether or not I want to go with the 120° lenses), jebao rw4, stock return pump, tunze nano ato with kalkwasser, hydor 100w heater, chemipure blue dropped into one of the filter socks. Still deciding if I want to go with a skimmer and if so not sure which one, I was using an aquatic life 110 on the 20l but it didn't work very well and doesn't fit in any of the chambers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

andrew.gimlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/21/2017, 09:16 PM   #765
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Joined the IM club ...... twice! Got a Fusion 10 for one of my son's rooms, and the the Fusion 25 lagoon for the other. Very nice little tanks. Going the minimalist route for both, heater, small ATO, kessil LED on gooseneck.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2017, 07:36 AM   #766
mr9iron
15& Over Club

Just purchased a IM 20 fusion so I am tagging along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Frag tank at the moment, planning another
mr9iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/28/2017, 06:00 PM   #767
mr9iron
15& Over Club

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the micro bubbles with the Ghost skimmer

Current Tank Info: Frag tank at the moment, planning another
mr9iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2017, 09:24 PM   #768
not4unco
Registered Member

Hello everyone......So i'm looking to get back into the hobby after a move to GA come tax time. Right now i'm looking at a Nuvo 40 with a single AI Hydra 26. I'd be keeping mainly zoas, softies and some low light LPS and was wondering if it'll be enough light for what I want. Wife has only allowed a $1k Buget.

Thanks

not4unco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/05/2017, 12:39 PM   #769
LX20000
Registered Member

I have the Fusion 40 with the Hydra 26. Plenty to grow anything in this tank, including SPS. I rarely run mine over 35% of full power.

In fact, if money was an absolute issue, you could likely get by with a Prime HD (must be HD) for a 24x20 inch tank, for softies and LPS. AGAIN, I would recommend the Hydra 26 for flexibility, but if dollars are busting your balls, then consider a Prime. You can always sell it later for 80% of what you paid, and upgrade to a Hydra 26.

And oh... you should never use the words "Wife has allowed....." Really.

LX20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/05/2017, 04:01 PM   #770
Bender19
It is, what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr9iron View Post
Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the micro bubbles with the Ghost skimmer

Yes, i was able to get rid of mine. Run in vinegar to get rid of any oils. Then take it apart and put back together - making sure everything is pushed together tightly.

The key after this was to make sure the water level was PERFECT. I had to build a "stand" out of acrylic to raise mine. The water level should be just under the Visable flexible tubing on the corner of the body. Make sure since the bottom is open, whatever the skimmer sits on must "seal" against the bottom to not allow any microbubbles to escape.

Hope this helps!

Ammonia/Nitrate: 0; Calcium: 420; Magnesium: 1350; Alkalinity: 8.3dKH; Salinity: 1.025; Temp abt 79.

Current Tank Info: 90g Mixed Reef; 75g Fuge; PM r36 SUMP; PM RL150; RB Photon 48
Bender19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2017, 02:41 PM   #771
not4unco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX20000 View Post

And oh... you should never use the words "Wife has allowed....." Really.
Lol....I'll try not to use those words again...but thanks for the info.... I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

not4unco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2017, 11:21 PM   #772
Js1620
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender19 View Post
Yes, i was able to get rid of mine. Run in vinegar to get rid of any oils. Then take it apart and put back together - making sure everything is pushed together tightly.

The key after this was to make sure the water level was PERFECT. I had to build a "stand" out of acrylic to raise mine. The water level should be just under the Visable flexible tubing on the corner of the body. Make sure since the bottom is open, whatever the skimmer sits on must "seal" against the bottom to not allow any microbubbles to escape.

Hope this helps!
I've always wondered about how the skimmer sits affecting the skimming: since it sits loose in the chamber the water flow will push my ghost skimmer over or turn it. I can't seem to get it to sit flat on the bottom. But you're the first person that i found that noted that. Good catch

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Js1620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/04/2020, 07:59 AM   #773
MrPickles
Registered Member

IM 60G, different types of quality glass?

I own a IM 60G, which i shutdown and recently startede cleaning it. What i've noticed is that the side glasses of the tank won't get clean. What it looks like is stains from hard water and i also got marks from pumps on the glass.

I've tried using razor blades, citric acid, vinegar and oxalic acid. I've even had the glasses soaked for up to 14 hours, but with no results. The front glass though is perfectly clean. So i was wondering if anyone have had similar experience and if any knows if the side glasses is of a different quality??

MrPickles is offline   Reply With Quote