Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/20/2018, 11:22 AM   #1
seels
Registered Member

Seels’s “shallow-ish” reef

Hi.

I am kevin. And I’m from Belgium. (So forgive my somewhat bad English)

I have a Nano 15g tank for a few months now, and the unavoidable happens! I want bigger!

So I started searching the web. And got some info at builders, and sudden I stumbled on a beautiful tank that was new custom made, but has to go because the builder hasn’t got time to finish it. It was made for his home.

It’s (metric) 95cm x 65cm x 45cm. 277l. It’s like approximately 66g.

This is why I call it shallow ish. It’s higher than normal shallow tanks.

The tank comes whit a iron powder coated stand and a sump.

And has a opti white front and right window

The only thing that has to happen is the overflow. And this is where I have some doubts. The overflow that he wanted to build is a pipe thru pipe system what means that the drain, emergency drain and return go trough the same pipe. The pipe is placed in the tank and is covered with rock. So you don’t have a black box on the back or the corner.

I’m somewhat convinced that it will work after doing research and talking to people. It will have a flow of 3-4000l an hour. It’s I guess +\- 700g/h?

And I have to drill it myself. I’m a handy guy people tell me but haven’t experience whit glass drilling. Is it doable?

I have to buy skimmer and return pump.
And looking to upgrade my led.

Tips or tricks?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

seels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/28/2018, 11:47 PM   #2
MK3_LUV
Registered Member

Sounds good, do you have any pictures?

As far as drilling goes, it can be done, but keep in mind if you mess it up the tank is going to be destroyed. If it were me i'd rather take it to a glass shop in town and have them drill it for me

MK3_LUV is offline   Reply With Quote