Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/29/2018, 12:59 PM   #1
unknown2k1
Registered Member

Upgrading to Red Sea Reefer 250 - suggestions on setup equipt

Hi guys,

Let me do a quick introduction. First timer here and currently own a small 20G nano tank. Recently, I picked up a Red Sea Reefer 250 for pretty good price and here I am trying to get some opinions on the setup.

The tank is stood up, everything stock, noting modified with no water/sand yet since I am trying to get everything setup first then going to add the water/sand.

Please feel free to chime in for anything about this tank since I am new to this tank. Thanks!

---

Currently, I have the skimmer, MP40, A1 prime led lights, Sicce Syncra return pump, BRS reactors.

Here is where I would like for you guys to help me or suggest on the rest of the equipments. (Please bare with me since this is first time owning a bigger size tank)

1) I know the answer is Yes but should I invest on
NEPTUNE SYSTEMS APEX AQUARIUM CONTROLLER? Is it worth it?

2) What's a good indoor LED cabinet lights? What power switch do you use or I should get.

3)Which band of dosing pump do you use and why?

4)What other additional equipment do you guys have setup on the tank?

unknown2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/29/2018, 01:34 PM   #2
dorry54
Registered Member

1. yes apex is worth it. It will tell you things and will turn you into a control freak.

2. any cheap home depot special is good. Wih apex you can use the breakout box and have it turn on with the doors open

3. if your thinking of Neptune, then I would follow with neptune dosers.

4. Auto tap off for sure

dorry54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/29/2018, 01:56 PM   #3
unknown2k1
Registered Member

Thanks Dorry54. What if I went to a route of not getting the Neptune systems, what other setups could you recommend? Thanks!!

unknown2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/29/2018, 03:52 PM   #4
clk51212
Registered Member

I have a reefer 350 and running a digital aquatics reef keeper lite . Doesn’t have the same control as the apex but works for me. I use it for temp ph and ato. Running hydra 26hd Lights and Tunze 6095 pumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clk51212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
65gallon, red sea, reefer 250