Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Zoanthids
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/28/2014, 12:38 PM   #1
alten78
Registered Member

Playing with camera

Besides the pretty sticks, ive been trying to get my zoa collection up, some do well, others not so much. My photography skills are not there as all i use is my G. Note 2 (one day ill get a real camera) but just playing with the white balance can be tricky. Anyways, trying to get the tank happy and wanted to show a few of the zoas i have that seem to be happier at the moment.

These are supposed to be orange with a green skirt, very small

I have a few others that i just cant get with the camera very well.

Current Tank Info: 120g SPS dominated
alten78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Piper27
I love bengals

I like tiny ZOA's but they are so hard to keep long term because so many things can cover them and kill them. The reddish pink ones look like they will be a nice big polyp!

Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2014, 03:30 PM   #3
alten78
Registered Member

I have some turquoise tiny ones that are doing well, but the plug they are on fell off the rock and fell lower and behind everything. I need to move them otherwise im the only one that knows they are there lol.

Yes, the redish/pink ones are a nice size polyp, they were originally higher in the tank where they spread to, but again, the plug broke off the rock (Turbo snail that knocks everything off) and it fell lower too, i just happened to move it temporarily to one of the lower rocks but it really likes that spot so i left it. the ones that spread higher in the tank are still there but dont open as much.

Like I said, its hard to capture the true colors with a camera phone, but, im still working on better coloring things. Picked up a few ricordias earlier today ill have to snap a pic of as well.

Current Tank Info: 120g SPS dominated
alten78 is offline   Reply With Quote