Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/13/2018, 08:22 AM   #1
PC_LOAD_LTR
Registered Member

Reefkeeper lite temp climbing

It started this week. Have had the same equipment for the last 5 years with no problem. Reefkeeper lite and finnex titanium heater. Has been keeping my 120 at 75.4 degrees f for the last 9 months. And no problems (other than the itemp error when i bumped the cord) on my previous tank either.

Over the weekend, my temp reading went into the 80s! I confirmed this reading against a calibration thermometer. i checked the strip, and it said the heater was off, but the temp kept on climbing, so i unplugged the heater to let it cool back down.

I am now on day 4 of unplugging my heater every 4 to 8 hours to keep the temps down. The system claims that the heater is off, but temp keeps on climbing until i unplug it. Even if i set the heater to off instead of auto

I plan on resetting the controller, reloading the profile, and recalibrating the itemp today. Have a redundant controller coming in a few days just in case

PC_LOAD_LTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2018, 06:09 AM   #2
PC_LOAD_LTR
Registered Member

I picked up the seneye temp controller. It appears that all it accomplished is adding beeping when the temperature gets up to 80. I haven’t seen it climb any higher because i have to unplug it to get rid of the beeping

Also noticed that the reefkeeper is reporting 0.5 current draw even though the heater appears to be stuck on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PC_LOAD_LTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2018, 05:17 PM   #3
n2585722
Registered Member

It sounds like that output on your PC4 or PB4 is bad. Which output is it? Is the indicator light on the PC4 on or off for that output?

n2585722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/20/2018, 10:56 PM   #4
pecan2phat
Registered Member

Not that uncommon, I have a channel on a PC4 that is stuck on even though the command is for off and the indicator light is off.

pecan2phat is offline   Reply With Quote