Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/19/2018, 01:48 PM   #1
Jyetman
Registered Member

Apex Classic lost communication with fusion and email settings again

Not getting much help from the apex forums so I'll try asking here too. My apex classic has been working with fusion without issues until recent. This also includes the email settings its like 4 years and never a change in settings. I get a message from heartbeat saying disconnected. Classic dashboard says communication error and I corrected this by rebooting the apex. However I am on a funeral trip out of town and when I reboot apex when home I have to disconnect the Ethernet cable in order for apex to reboot properly with latest firmware. So I am in a dilemma here what can I do to reset the fusion error without a reboot? I noticed in the network settings enable or disable fusion can I disable and then enable again will it reboot the system if I do that?

I figure since I'm not getting any help responses from this question on apex forums is probably because its a SOL situation. It also seems whatever is the reason why fusion doesn't work is also the same reason why my email settings no longer work either. So I found a way around not receiving email alerts by enabling widgets on a old windows 7 laptop I'm using for remote access. The apex widget provides a alarm feature by using the emailalm switch. Its still a major pain dealing with this limitation. If anyone with knowledge with the apex network settings please feel free to give any recommendations.

Jyetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/19/2018, 02:56 PM   #2
hkgar
Registered Member

Is this the forum you visited?
https://forum.neptunesystems.com/

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex classic, email issues, fusion disconnected