Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/16/2017, 01:19 PM   #301
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieSmell View Post
Are the push tube connectors on the solenoid replaceble with something else, like threaded adapters? I don't want to go torquing on it and risk damage.
Anyone have an answer to this?

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/16/2017, 02:09 PM   #302
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hmm, we never had similar question - if you will not use too much power you shouldn't damage it.
By what you want to replace it?

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/16/2017, 02:11 PM   #303
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishntoboutside View Post
Here is a shot of mine up an running so. The alk has only swung by .2 in the last 4 days so I think I am pretty close. This has been a challenge for sure. I should have set this up without the extra chamber at first as it would have been easier to test the PH on the outflow. The extra chamber has been doing its job of bringing back the PH. I did add a bubble counter to my unit from an older Knopp reactor. My Co2 regulator does not have a one so it was impossible for me to determine how much was going into the unit. To me this helped a bunch. Presently the flow rate coming in to the reactor is 2.05 liter per hour.
Could somebody give me a quick overview of how this works - mostly how water moves though the unit. I did a cursory pass through this thread and didn't see that.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs

Last edited by Dino; 03/31/2018 at 10:41 AM.
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/16/2017, 05:46 PM   #304
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Hmm, we never had similar question - if you will not use too much power you shouldn't damage it.
By what you want to replace it?
I want to replace the push tube connectors with a threaded adapter. Then, I can put it between my regulator and needle valve, which is 1/4" threaded.

Will the push tube connectors just unscrew from the solenoid?

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
Unread 03/16/2017, 10:09 PM   #305
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
Could somebody give me a quick overview of how this works - mostly how water moves though the unit. I did a cursory pass through this thread and didn't see that.
The Aquabee pump circulates water from the CO2 chamber through the pump outlet at the bottom of that chamber to the bottom of the Reactor chamber where it flows up through the media then out a small tube at the top, falling into and down through the top of the CO2 chmaber again in a cycle.

The peristaltic pump draws water from the sump into the top of the CO2 chamber. Water then can exit the top of the Reactor chamber and into the sump, or go from the top of the Reactor chamber to the bottom of the degassing chamber, up and out the top of that chamber and back into the sump. Alternatively you could pull water from the Reactor or degassing chambers and into the sump.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Johnseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2017, 01:58 AM   #306
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
I want to replace the push tube connectors with a threaded adapter. Then, I can put it between my regulator and needle valve, which is 1/4" threaded.

Will the push tube connectors just unscrew from the solenoid?
Yes, you need to simply unscrew them from solenoid.

Unread 03/17/2017, 07:58 AM   #307
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnseye View Post
The Aquabee pump circulates water from the CO2 chamber through the pump outlet at the bottom of that chamber to the bottom of the Reactor chamber where it flows up through the media then out a small tube at the top.
Small tube is the one under the white bracket that connects the CO2 chamber to the main reactor chamber? So circulation between the two chambers is significant?

Just trying to work out how this id different or better than what I have. Thanks.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
Unread 03/17/2017, 08:28 AM   #308
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Excellent, thank you.

Unread 03/17/2017, 09:49 AM   #309
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Small tube is the one under the white bracket that connects the CO2 chamber to the main reactor chamber? So circulation between the two chambers is significant?

Just trying to work out how this id different or better than what I have. Thanks.
You got it. The tube under the white bracket. Circulation is as good as the Aquabee can pump water through. That tube is never full so any circulation limitation is from the pump, and or resistance of media and not the diameter of the tube.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Unread 03/17/2017, 10:16 AM   #310
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Many thanks. One last question if I may. Do you think that having a CO2 reaction chamber drives superior performance versus direct CO2 injection to the main substrate chamber?

Unread 03/17/2017, 10:21 PM   #311
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
It was easy to remove, but I'm not sure what size the fittings are. Is it metric?

Unread 03/18/2017, 09:38 AM   #312
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Many thanks. One last question if I may. Do you think that having a CO2 reaction chamber drives superior performance versus direct CO2 injection to the main substrate chamber?
I can't answer that as I haven't owned a reactor with injection into the substrate chamber. Perhaps someone with experience can comment. Or Przemek can explain the science or logic behind the design.

Unread 03/18/2017, 12:03 PM   #313
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

OK, thanks. I've been using a MTC ProCal for 15 years and it seems to be struggling to keep up. Looking for options.

Unread 03/20/2017, 08:07 AM   #314
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
It was easy to remove, but I'm not sure what size the fittings are. Is it metric?
Any help with sizing is appreciated.

Unread 03/20/2017, 08:39 AM   #315
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionfish300 View Post
It had been 2 months since I set up my reactor. I have emailed back and forth with Tomasz about my pH rise due to air. I have and I am sure all of us that own this reactor do the same check and double triple check the connections, open and closed the reactor and gas chamber so many times. For me it work fine for three to four days ten pH go up. I am afraid to kill my corals that I work so hard to keep all these years. So instead of hook it up to my sump I have both in/out tubes in a separate container to keep an eye on pH. I will check my controller tube to see if I have the same problem as you John. Thanks for posting this
After installing the new tubing my ALK was stable for a few days, then started to decline. This was the same thing I experienced previously. I should have checked the PH but didn't. I decided to remove all the Reborn media in the reactor and replace it with the ARM. At this point I can not say with any confidence that Reborn media will work with this reactor. I did leave the Reborn in the degassing chamber. Hopefully I can at least use it there and it's not a total waste. I will be watching ALK levels daily and will also measure PH.

Unread 03/20/2017, 11:14 AM   #316
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi John,
John, please check how your main valve is set - we had similar report from Rob but after adjusting it - pH dropped to 6.1 and is stable.
Im outside of office however Tomasz from service will be more than happy to answer you.
br

Przemek

Unread 03/20/2017, 11:18 AM   #317
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Hi John,
John, please check how your main valve is set - we had similar report from Rob but after adjusting it - pH dropped to 6.1 and is stable.
br

Przemek
What main valve are you referring to on the AC2?

Unread 03/20/2017, 06:24 PM   #318
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
@mrtint
We are checking that wrong informations provided on our website - probably they were published based on first versions of CalcFeeders released in last year after Interzoo Expo in Nurymberg.
We are checking it now, if there will be any problems please let us know - we will find solution for you.
Thank you for understanding.

Regards

Przemek

I'm sure you will take care of the problem but I'll see what my options are to fix the problem. My first thought was to take AC-1 apart and re configure in a straight line so pump sat in middle of tube cylinders but it looks like cylinders are glued to plates and the top tube connecting the two cylinders has been drilled thru cylinder and glued..... so this option is not a good choice. So I will need to mount remote. Here are my questions.
I will need to mount this outside the house next to my water change unit. I'm lucky I live in Southern California so huge Temp swings are rare. I will build a cabinet for it to keep direct sun from hitting directly and growing mold

1) does the optical sensor use a standard 8mm jack that I can buy an extension to plug into controller (this way I can keep the controller indoors under my stand
2) will the reactor perform different being outdoors?
3) would it be best to keep the controller,degassing chamber and C02 tank and regulator INDOORS under stand and only have the AC-1 out doors or should I keep it all together outside except controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2017, 08:10 AM   #319
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtint View Post
I'm sure you will take care of the problem but I'll see what my options are to fix the problem. My first thought was to take AC-1 apart and re configure in a straight line so pump sat in middle of tube cylinders but it looks like cylinders are glued to plates and the top tube connecting the two cylinders has been drilled thru cylinder and glued..... so this option is not a good choice. So I will need to mount remote. Here are my questions.
I will need to mount this outside the house next to my water change unit. I'm lucky I live in Southern California so huge Temp swings are rare. I will build a cabinet for it to keep direct sun from hitting directly and growing mold

1) does the optical sensor use a standard 8mm jack that I can buy an extension to plug into controller (this way I can keep the controller indoors under my stand
2) will the reactor perform different being outdoors?
3) would it be best to keep the controller,degassing chamber and C02 tank and regulator INDOORS under stand and only have the AC-1 out doors or should I keep it all together outside except controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello.

You could mount Calc feeder outside but as You said better will be to cover it from direct sun light.
Regarding connections to calc feeder pump controler - we use jack 3,5mm stereo for optical sensor and jack 6,3mm for solenoid valve. You can extend this cable with regular audio extension cables.
CO2 bottle should be close to mixing chamber so better if bottle will be outside also.

Best regards

Pacific Sun Service

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2017, 10:27 PM   #320
robbous
Registered Member

Having a few issues already with my AC4 unit PacSun should really consider shipping their distributor in the United States extra parts so when we have issues we don't have to wait so long for them to come to us to continue to use this reactor

Current Tank Info: 500 Gallon display tank 200 gallon basement sump
robbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2017, 08:45 AM   #321
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbous View Post
Having a few issues already with my AC4 unit PacSun should really consider shipping their distributor in the United States extra parts so when we have issues we don't have to wait so long for them to come to us to continue to use this reactor
Please elaborate.

Unread 03/22/2017, 03:48 PM   #322
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Hi John,
Im outside of office however Tomasz from service will be more than happy to answer you.
br

Przemek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnseye View Post
What main valve are you referring to on the AC2?
Since there hasn't been a response I'm going to assume you were referring to the AC4 which Rob has, although I have an AC2 and there is no main valve with that model.

Unread 03/22/2017, 11:40 PM   #323
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Any help with sizing is appreciated.
The push to connect fittings are m10x1.0. Thanks me!

Unread 03/22/2017, 11:58 PM   #324
robbous
Registered Member

Quote:
Please elaborate.
I just think spare parts should be available through USA distributor

Current Tank Info: 500 Gallon display tank 200 gallon basement sump
robbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2017, 08:43 AM   #325
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbous View Post
I just think spare parts should be available through USA distributor
They should, but this isn't a spare part. I don't want to use push connectors on the solenoid, so I'm swapping them out. I needed to know what the threading was.