Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/23/2006, 01:54 PM   #51
RobbyG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Vegas_ReefMan
Thanks Man for all your hard work and dedication to helping other Reefers! The head Reefer in charge will bless you and yours! We have all been searching for this comparison and I thank you VERY MUCH!
RC and all its members have been such a great help to me, I am glad I could do something in return. Merry Xmas when it comes and thanks for the kind words.

RobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/23/2006, 02:56 PM   #52
morty
Premium Member

Many thanks on the super work Robby!

There is one controller that I did not see listed, that I use myself. It's the Solar1000 currently sold by BlueLine Products (they have it listed in their "Dimmers" section, but it's really a controller).

http://www.bluelineaquatics.com/prod...mmer/1000.html

It's not as sophisticated as the others on your chart, but a couple things that I think set it apart are its ability to dim up to 8 VHO bulbs using two Icecap 660s, and it has a 110v moon port that directly drives an incandescent load to follow the lunar cycle (day and night). Maximum intensity of the lunar bulb can be software-controlled (this is different than other controllers with lunar ports). It has pH, ORP, and temp probe ports. It uses X10 to control these along with dosers, wavemakers, and 4 light timers (in addition to the 2 dimmable Icecap 660 ballasts.) Also has a feed timer mode. It is programmable to follow seasonal variations in both photoperiod and temperature. It can do seasonal weather changes by varying wavemakers and lighting on certain random days. The manual in the website's support section covers the features in more detail.

It has no sort of data logging port or remote access ability. I purchased the unit ~1998, and it has had some issues with being sensitive to electrical noise. I needed to put power filters on all ballasts and the controller's power cord, or the X10s didn't always work right, and sometimes the controller would get corrupted and need to be reset. It works fairly reliably since I've done that though. Maybe the newer ones aren't as sensitive. If dimming VHOs, it works best with an even number of bulbs and a ground plane kit on the bulbs.

Thanks again!

morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/23/2006, 03:11 PM   #53
RobbyG
Registered Member

Thank you Morty I will definitely be check this unit out, it's great to find another controller

Current Tank Info: Insanely Automated Low Power Consumption 90 Gal Oceanic Bow System/Aquatronica Touch Controller/AQ Dosing Pump/AQT LEDS/AQ SMS/Seq Dart Pump/ASM G3/Ozotech Ozonizer/Koralin 1502/Chiller/Typhoon3 Ro/S.Squirt /Phos React/Rmt DSB
Unread 12/25/2006, 08:50 PM   #54
flfirefighter13
Registered Member

Thanks for this thread, just took a ton of research time off my plate!

flfirefighter13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/28/2006, 08:00 AM   #55
scooter28
Registered Member

Good Job!!!! One controller I am considering purchasing, which I do not see in the chart, is the IKS Aquastar.

http://www.iks-aqua.com/html/engl/aquastar.php

Is this the big brother to the Midi? Or is it a more compact version of the same controller?

scooter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2006, 03:56 PM   #56
RobbyG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scooter28
Good Job!!!! One controller I am considering purchasing, which I do not see in the chart, is the IKS Aquastar.

http://www.iks-aqua.com/html/engl/aquastar.php

Is this the big brother to the Midi? Or is it a more compact version of the same controller?
Thanks.
Yes the Midi seems to be the smaller version, I am trying to remember why I did not do include the regular Aquastar, but im drawing a blank. Now that I have some more time I will try and research it and maybe by next week add it to the list.

Unread 12/29/2006, 04:42 PM   #57
sunman
Registered Member

I am deciding between the IKS or the PROFILUX II but where do I purchase one? I have checked both and they support 220 volt operation. What can I do with my 115v items?

sunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2006, 06:07 PM   #58
RobbyG
Registered Member

UPDATED 29 Dec 2006

Solar 1000 Controller Added to Chart.

Profilux new power bars added

Some changes on Elos Controller.

Current Tank Info: Insanely Automated Low Power Consumption 90 Gal Oceanic Bow System/Aquatronica Touch Controller/AQ Dosing Pump/AQT LEDS/AQ SMS/Seq Dart Pump/ASM G3/Ozotech Ozonizer/Koralin 1502/Chiller/Typhoon3 Ro/S.Squirt /Phos React/Rmt DSB
Unread 12/29/2006, 06:12 PM   #59
RobbyG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sunman
I am deciding between the IKS or the PROFILUX II but where do I purchase one? I have checked both and they support 220 volt operation. What can I do with my 115v items?
Profilux II now has 110V powerbars. I still see cant find 110V powerbars for IKS. Maybe someone with a unit can let us know if they have custome made Powerbars for US export.

Unread 12/29/2006, 09:28 PM   #60
lngbrdz
Registered Member

Ok I am going to sound really stupid here but one very important item that I feel should be added to this list for people such as myself and we can all help each other here is how much or the best prices for these. I know I am looking for a controller to monitor and control PH/TEMP/ORP and it would be a plus if it removes stray energy. I really like and want a Neptune aquacontroller II but they don't make it and the III is way higher in price and the JR isnt to my liking soooooo Anyone know of prices for something like this cheap is the name of the game or maybe has a aquacontroller II they don't need anymore???????

lngbrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2006, 10:39 PM   #61
RobbyG
Registered Member

I am thinking about grouping them into price ranges, check back in a few days.

Unread 12/30/2006, 11:46 AM   #62
sunman
Registered Member

that would be great if there is a group buy. I'm in for the profilux model. I have a solar 1000 L2 currently.

sunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2007, 11:13 AM   #63
RobbyG
Registered Member

The 4 Plug 110V Profilux Powerbars are out now, the 6 plug is expected this month.

Unread 01/02/2007, 12:41 PM   #64
scooter28
Registered Member

IKS Aquastar available at http://deltecusa.us/aquastar/index.php

The IKS Aqustar does have 110V plugs and can be found at http://deltecusa.us/aquastar/index.php. I am still on the fence about this one versus the Aquacontroller Pro 3 and was hoping someone could provide more feedback.

Unread 01/02/2007, 01:35 PM   #65
RobbyG
Registered Member

Are you sure that they are selling 110V ver on Deltecusa? It's only says 4 Plug Bar with Led, it might be the 220V model.
I Dont see a 110V listed on IKS website but I assume they must have one since they sell these in the USA, its all very confusing.

Unread 01/02/2007, 01:47 PM   #66
1diverdown
Registered Member

just as a clarification, everything for the IKS on the Deltec USA site is 110v.

hth
Doug

Current Tank Info: 300g reef, Deltec AP1003 w/Self-Cleaning Head, PF600S calcium reactor, KM500S kalkstirrer, 2x FR616 fluidized reactors
1diverdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2007, 01:51 PM   #67
scooter28
Registered Member

Sorry about the link...here is the correct one...

http://deltecusa.us/aquastar/index.php

Pretty sure it is the 110v...I have bought a ton of Deltec equipment from that site and have been talking about the IKS with them as well. It seems very hard to decide when you get into the higher price range fo controllers especially when it comes to the number of outlets. Do people double up on controlled outlets to save money?

Unread 01/03/2007, 12:04 PM   #68
RobbyG
Registered Member

You just cant have enough outlets, I started with 8 now have 16 and could use 20 if I had them. You keep on thinking of one other thing that you can use the controller to do.

Unread 01/03/2007, 12:05 PM   #69
RobbyG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1diverdown
just as a clarification, everything for the IKS on the Deltec USA site is 110v.

hth
Doug
Thanks for the info.

Unread 01/04/2007, 05:56 PM   #70
RobbyG
Registered Member

Updated 4 Jan 2007

Added package Prices
Added Warranty Info
Re-Sorted Columns by Price
Riff Controller Photo Corrected.
Numerous small corrections.

Unread 01/07/2007, 12:05 AM   #71
jmkarcz
Registered Member

I will definetly be watching this over the next several weeks before I make my purchase. A thousand thanks for your hard work and persistance and your attention to the detail.

Jason

jmkarcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2007, 11:43 AM   #72
RobbyG
Registered Member

Thanks Jason. BTW the Neptune ACIII pro price is incorrect, I have to fix it on Monday.

Unread 01/08/2007, 07:04 AM   #73
lngbrdz
Registered Member

Thank you so much Robby

lngbrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2007, 08:53 AM   #74
MyLittleReef
Registered Member

Thank you for all of your work on this.

MyLittleReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2007, 04:14 PM   #75
RobbyG
Registered Member

Update Chart 8 Jan 07

ADDED
Links for most controllers Manuals.

CHANGED
Neptune ACIII & ACIII Pro Prices (Mistake in package prices)
Aquatronica LCD description
Reorganized List order to reflect price changes

______ ______ ______
Thanks Joshua for finding my mistake.

Ingbrdz and Mylittlereef your welcome