Reef Central Online Community
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Responsible Reefkeeping
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Today, 03:04 PM   #26
sde1500
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod1404 View Post
Wow, we have nothing to argue here after this much of anti-intellectualism. If someone didn't sit and watched how mold was growing, people would still be dying from bacterial infections.

As a casual observer I had considered it more of a conversation than an argument. No reason to devolve to personal attacks.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2548422

Current Tank Info: 65 gallon mixed reef, Eshopps sump and HOB overflow, RO-110int skimmer, Reefbreeder 32" photons V1.
sde1500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:36 PM   #27
mrdss
Registered Member

Don't LIKE the truth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurley
Dear mrdss,

You have received an infraction at Reef Central Online Community.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------
I'm not sure if you had a bad night last night or what, but I deleted pretty much every comment you made in the last 24 hours because I can and you are behavior is incredibly inappropriate and unnecessarily aggressive.

Consider this a friendly warning.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire. Infractions are automated warnings. They can be granted for a number or reasons all relating to Reef Central's standards of conduct. These warnings automatically expire, often in a week or less. 5 infraction points need to be accumulated before any restrictions are placed on your account. If you'd like more information about the details of your infraction, please let me know.

Original Post:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25152134
Quote:
WOW ! I did not know that the U.S. conducted that many tests on its own land. But it me that is causing climate change. SHEEP !
All the best,
Reef Central Online Community

I am extremly curious what you where offended with ? Does the TRUTH offend you ? Yes, the U.S. has the WORST education system PERIOD ! You guys are like robots the propaganda CAPITAL of the world. Yes, the U.S. DID screw the people of the Bikini islands and YES the soil is STILL contaminated 70 years later. So what is the REAL problem here ???

mrdss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:42 PM   #28
sde1500
Registered Member

Lol I feel the banhammer coming.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2548422

Current Tank Info: 65 gallon mixed reef, Eshopps sump and HOB overflow, RO-110int skimmer, Reefbreeder 32" photons V1.
sde1500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:42 PM   #29
Tripod1404
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sde1500 View Post
As a casual observer I had considered it more of a conversation than an argument. No reason to devolve to personal attacks.
It was not a personal attack, I didn't call anyone not-intellectual or ignorant. But a statement like "climate scientist are a bunch of people who just look at the thermometers" is clearly an anti-intellectual statement. A person can be very intellectual but support anti-intellectualism.

From wikipedia; Anti-intellectualism is hostility to and mistrust of intellect, intellectuals, and intellectualism commonly expressed as deprecation of education and philosophy, and the dismissal of art, literature, and science as impractical and even contemptible human pursuits.

Tripod1404 is offline   Reply With Quote