Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Greater San Francisco Bay Area Reef Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 07/25/2006, 07:03 PM   #76
servicky
Premium Member

dose he do starphire glass in his tanks???? i woul like some info....
thank you

Unread 07/25/2006, 11:25 PM   #77
mobert
Registered Member

Oceanic does Starphire and Mermaid is an Oceanic dealer.

Unread 08/03/2006, 10:55 PM   #78
mobert
Registered Member

New Picture

These guys are almost one year old now. Hard to take a decent picture but here's the best I've got:

and

Fish and anemones are doing great. Most of my SPS didn't like the high (50+) nitrates so the left side looks a little bare.

Last edited by mobert; 08/03/2006 at 11:08 PM.
Unread 08/04/2006, 09:30 AM   #79
MSAreef
Registered Member

That is an unbelievably beautiful setup. I am so Jealous!!!!!! It is definitely the untackiest tank I've seen yet.

Unread 08/04/2006, 09:54 AM   #80
sfsuphysics
Registered Member

Wow that's neat Mona. So what's the long term viability of that many clowns in a tank? Will they all eventually pair up and hop into respective anemone with the odd guys left out? Will they kill each other? Will they actually coexist peacefully since they're tank bred?

Also are those all bubble tips? some are obviously bta but some of the others look pink & white with longer tenticles (maybe stressed/bleached btas?)

Unread 08/04/2006, 10:47 AM   #81
Kinetic
Registered Member

that's so cool mona!!!

Unread 08/04/2006, 10:55 AM   #82
xinumaster
reef addict

what percula are those mona?

Current Tank Info: 375g tank 8'x30"x30"
Unread 08/04/2006, 11:03 AM   #83
Kinetic
Registered Member

are they ocellaris? there's one that's misbar'd from what I can see =)

Unread 08/04/2006, 11:10 AM   #84
Elite
Registered Member

look like true percular to me

Unread 08/04/2006, 11:34 AM   #85
Kinetic
Registered Member

doh. no chaeto for you.

Unread 08/04/2006, 11:39 AM   #86
Elite
Registered Member

.. I'm just guessing..

Ain't matter what they are.. They look cool..

Unread 08/04/2006, 11:43 AM   #87
Kinetic
Registered Member

well, I actually think you might be right about them being true percs, hehe, darn.

they do look great with so many in the same tank. it's awesome when you have a larger setup with a species tank. it looks so amazing.

Unread 08/06/2006, 04:29 PM   #88
aquaclear500
Registered Member

Very Cool

Unread 08/07/2006, 09:45 PM   #89
mobert
Registered Member

Thanks all! I had a big snail spawning event today. The fishies ate until they couldn't eat another bite!

and

Unread 08/07/2006, 09:50 PM   #90
mobert
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sfsuphysics
Wow that's neat Mona. So what's the long term viability of that many clowns in a tank? Will they all eventually pair up and hop into respective anemone with the odd guys left out? Will they kill each other? Will they actually coexist peacefully since they're tank bred?

Also are those all bubble tips? some are obviously bta but some of the others look pink & white with longer tenticles (maybe stressed/bleached btas?)
Long term viability? We shall see... So far, there is absolutely no torn fins or anyone left in the corner at night.

BTA's? Mostly RBTA's The pink and white ones are stressed. Multiple moves, change of lights, etc. One GBT. It's been months and the white haven't changed back to dark rose. I would feed them but do I really want to encourage more Roses?

Unread 08/07/2006, 09:52 PM   #91
mobert
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xinumaster
what percula are those mona?
True Percs from fingerwrinkles, aka Robin. I think they are half Solomon Island and half unknown true Perc. I got them at 18 days old---right after metamorphasis.

Unread 08/07/2006, 09:57 PM   #92
mobert
Registered Member

The right side is kinda bare since I removed everything that spread too fast and was hard to control when I switched the tank over. So with my higher than desired nitrates, should I just fill it with softies or should I give a Gigantea anemone a try? Anyone see any nice ones out there? Or maybe I should take my time, add a remote sand bed, do more water changes and try more SPS'? I have a few that are thriving....

Last edited by mobert; 08/07/2006 at 10:39 PM.
Unread 08/08/2006, 12:26 AM   #93
dantodd
Registered Member

AC had 3 on Friday. 2 of them looked nice. They were all purple.

Current Tank Info: 10 gal nano-reef 96w PC -- 72 bowfront anemone/A. clarkii tank - 20L reef with mantis and A. melanopus
Unread 08/08/2006, 12:45 AM   #94
DarkXerox
Registered Member

They look so cute! Mine are up to about 1.5-2 inches now and the misbarred one still doesn't have his stripe all the way in on one side. But being from the same clutch, it is so funny to see that they have the same behavior with living in multiple anemones. The two roses in my tank get traded off depending on who wants which.

Your chromis are huge though! Are they being bossed around by the clowns like mine are?

Unread 08/08/2006, 01:50 AM   #95
mobert
Registered Member

dantodd---thanks for the tip. Do you know if the purple phosphorescence? I'd like one that glows.

DarkXerox---thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear they are doing well. Your clowns have gotten much bigger than their siblings. My biggest is nowhere near 2" !

The Chromis' are kind of big, and they are faster to the food than the clowns but they pretty much ignore each other.

I think most of the clowns return to their favorite anemone at night but they definitely cruise them all during the day. Interesting that some anemones only have two or three of the bigger clowns in them at night and then the rest of the clowns are piled all together in big groups. Looks like the immature ones stay in dorms while the mature ones are starting to claim their own areas.

Unread 08/08/2006, 10:57 AM   #96
dantodd
Registered Member

They had one in the frag tank that's in the middle of all the other tanks (if that makes sense) and 2 others in the big anemone/invert tank. The one in the frag tank looked great colorwise. The other 2 looked a little browner but they told me it was just the lighting difference. The one in the frag tank looked pretty good and was probably a foot in diameter but he wasn't completely open so it was hard to really tell. Of the 2 in the anemone tank one had a gaping mouth and the other was probably close to 16" and was wide open basking in the light. I would probably have asked them to bag that one and see the color under the blue-er light. if he looked good I would have grabbed that one as his tentacles were also very active which is a good sign of health in the gigantea. If he didn't look as good I would have been happy with the one in the frag tank. I would consider a gigantea for CJ's school tank but we're still a week away from water there and then who know how long before it's ready for an anemone...

Current Tank Info: 10 gal nano-reef 96w PC -- 72 bowfront anemone/A. clarkii tank - 20L reef with mantis and A. melanopus
Unread 08/08/2006, 08:46 PM   #97
AQUAREEFER07
Registered Member

awesome tank mona. i personally like the pink and white stressed anemones. i actually picked one up at new alameda that has been eating and picked a great spot in the tank and has not moved since i got it a couple of months ago.

Unread 08/08/2006, 08:52 PM   #98
mobert
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AQUAREEFER07
awesome tank mona. i personally like the pink and white stressed anemones. i actually picked one up at new alameda that has been eating and picked a great spot in the tank and has not moved since i got it a couple of months ago.
thanks and congrats. My original one became 25 or so. I like the look of the pink white also but they are definitely stressed and not as healthy as the ones with the dark base.

Last edited by mobert; 08/08/2006 at 09:04 PM.
Unread 08/08/2006, 10:15 PM   #99
Skorpinok
Registered Member

Whoa, those are nice percs. If ever any of those percs need adopting, I'm willing to adopt/by a pair from you.

Keep up the good job.

Unread 08/09/2006, 12:08 AM   #100
mobert
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by To-Arbitrate
Whoa, those are nice percs. If ever any of those percs need adopting, I'm willing to adopt/by a pair from you.

Keep up the good job.
Thanks! If you are looking for tank raised, I know what an anemone is clowns, you can contact fingerwrinkles: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...58#post7879758

I'm going to try and keep the rest of this clutch together as long as they are getting along. Very interesting interaction.

Closed Thread