Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/04/2013, 09:49 AM   #51
OrionN
Moved on

Thanks. I may upgrade my G1 to Pro after I have it set up and not happy with the G1. For now I think I will keep the G1 and G2 at least for a few months

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2013, 02:50 PM   #52
blackwagon
Registered Member

Anemone is still doing good. I started feeding it again since it was starting to "bald". I fed it 2 times in the last 2 weeks. I just fed it my 3" cleaner shrimp today that ended up in my mini maxi somehow.

Still have my 4 clowns. 3 of them are aloud in the anemone 1 is banished but finds it's way in at night.

blackwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2013, 05:57 PM   #53
Pinkskunk
Registered Member

i like the simple look of your tank, mine looks so stressful not relaxing at all

Pinkskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/10/2014, 11:28 PM   #54
OrionN
Moved on

Thumbs up

Any new update?

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
Unread 03/11/2014, 09:55 AM   #55
blackwagon
Registered Member

Added 2 mags to the tank. 1 didn't make it. I tried to treat it but I didn't have the time to do what needed to be done. The carpet has been treated 1 other time because it was deflating again. It started doing that after I started feeding it. I haven't fed it since but will probably start again with smaller portions. My main tank is in shambles right now because I've been fragging everything for my new nano. I'll be rescaping my main tank this week.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140311_113906.jpg (56.3 KB, 76 views)
Unread 04/01/2014, 06:27 AM   #56
blackwagon
Registered Member

The other mag passed 2 days ago. The carpet is huge again without the mag in the tank. I'll probably never put mags and gigs in the same system again.

Unread 04/01/2014, 08:29 AM   #57
cali9dub
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwagon View Post
The other mag passed 2 days ago. The carpet is huge again without the mag in the tank. I'll probably never put mags and gigs in the same system again.
One thing I found out is that it's better not to be greedy. One healthy nem is better than wiping 2 or 3 out by wanting multiples. They can be so touchy !!

cali9dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/01/2014, 08:46 AM   #58
OrionN
Moved on

Quarantine cannot be stressed enough. That is for sure.

Unread 04/02/2014, 08:49 AM   #59
blackwagon
Registered Member

I don't think quarantine would have done anything for me other than finding out I can't put mags in the same tank as my gig. The big one was at the lfs for a month and looked good for a while in my tank. The anemones would cycle on and off on which ones would look better every week or so. I'm talking about a 18" gig and 18" mag switching back and forth from 18" to 10". I feel like there was a battle going on and the gig won. I wanted to setup a separate tank for the mags but at the time I had no time. Since the mags have passed my gig looks normal again.

I only got the mags because I read on here that someone was successful with them in the same tank. I'll be taking everything I read on a forum with a spoon full of salt from now on instead of just a grain.

I post my success as well as failures so we can all learn from each other. I know adding mags to my gig tank was a failure for me.

Unread 04/13/2018, 09:09 PM   #60
blackwagon
Registered Member

I just got this back from my friends tank. I might have to do another treatment. I’m going to let it settle a couple days and see what’s up. It’s about 1/4 of the size it use to be at its biggest.

Unread 04/13/2018, 09:13 PM   #61
cali9dub
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwagon View Post
I don't think quarantine would have done anything for me other than finding out I can't put mags in the same tank as my gig. The big one was at the lfs for a month and looked good for a while in my tank. The anemones would cycle on and off on which ones would look better every week or so. I'm talking about a 18" gig and 18" mag switching back and forth from 18" to 10". I feel like there was a battle going on and the gig won. I wanted to setup a separate tank for the mags but at the time I had no time. Since the mags have passed my gig looks normal again.

I only got the mags because I read on here that someone was successful with them in the same tank. I'll be taking everything I read on a forum with a spoon full of salt from now on instead of just a grain.

I post my success as well as failures so we can all learn from each other. I know adding mags to my gig tank was a failure for me.
I’ve had 2 gigs and a large mag in the same tank with no issues, but I ran some carbon at all times.

cali9dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/13/2018, 09:28 PM   #62
OrionN
Moved on

I always have Mag and Gig in my tank, no carbone. I have these mag and Gig touching for > 1 year without problem.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mag-Gigantea.jpg (100.3 KB, 24 views)