Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/04/2018, 05:30 PM   #1
gsiegel
Registered Member

Wartskin Angler question

I just received a small wartskin from diver's den on Friday. Has been hiding in the same spot ever since. What do you typically recommend for feeding to get him interested? I added a few ghost shrimp to start but no interest yet, and they are gone likely to the crab after perishing. Not too concerned since it has only been a few days but checking for other suggestions since I would like to know when he does come around and start eating. Put a couple of small chromis in? If one is gone at least I will know it is eating as opposed to the ghost shrimp which may die off and then get eaten by the crab. Or are they too quick for the wartskin even with his angler?

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

300g mixed reef-BlueHippo/Midas&bicolorBenny/2FlameHawks/CoralBeauty/MagFoxFace/spotted rabbit/BlondNaso/2clowns/PurpleTang/chevron tang/2lyretails/wrasses-pintail,2flame,lineatus,radiant,pink margin,
gsiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2018, 06:59 PM   #2
moondoggy4
Registered Member

I feed my Frogfish twice a week, when he gets hungry they start to move around the tank, mine stays in the same location because that is where he usually gets lucky.

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2018, 07:28 PM   #3
gsiegel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondoggy4 View Post
I feed my Frogfish twice a week, when he gets hungry they start to move around the tank, mine stays in the same location because that is where he usually gets lucky.
Thanks. What did you start him on and what do you currently feed?

300g mixed reef-BlueHippo/Midas&bicolorBenny/2FlameHawks/CoralBeauty/MagFoxFace/spotted rabbit/BlondNaso/2clowns/PurpleTang/chevron tang/2lyretails/wrasses-pintail,2flame,lineatus,radiant,pink margin,
gsiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2018, 07:58 PM   #4
shrimpinator123
Registered Member

Started my pictus on ghost shrimp. I found the most effective way to feed is to hold them in front of their face, or use a feeding stick. I eventually moved h8m over to small crayfish.

shrimpinator123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2018, 03:59 PM   #5
moondoggy4
Registered Member

Ghost shrimp but my LFS quick carrying them so I had to shift to minnows.

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote