sharky's machin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/25/2013, 12:45 PM   #27
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Question AquaMaxx ConeS CO-1 Protein Skimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky's machin View Post
When will the CO1 be in stock?
As early as Wednesday this week, as late as next week. More than 1/3 are already reserved for other hobbyists so you may want to sign up to be notified when they arrive if you aren't already. We BELIEVE we brought in enough inventory to get through the holidays, but it's hard to tell with this new series because we keep selling out immediately after they arrive!

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/25/2013, 01:02 PM   #28
Buganddoug
X NJRC Vice President

Okay I have a 180 mostly heavily stock SPS and some LPS with many fish. The skimmer I am using is way to big for my system. What Cone S would you say I should use. Or do you think I would be better off with another brand?

Current Tank Info: 220 Gallon Heavily stock tank Reef and Fish. 100 gallon sump, ATI Power cone IS Protein skimmer, Warner Warine MR100. 4 AI Hydra 52 HD LEDS running Warner Marine EcoBAK bio pellets,Warner Marine additives
Buganddoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/25/2013, 01:22 PM   #29
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Question Which Protein Skimmer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buganddoug View Post
Okay I have a 180 mostly heavily stock SPS and some LPS with many fish. The skimmer I am using is way to big for my system. What Cone S would you say I should use. Or do you think I would be better off with another brand?
With SPS corals and a heavy bio-load, we feel the Cone 3 is your best option. Another option to consider for your tank is the Reef Octopus DCS-250.

Unread 11/25/2013, 04:38 PM   #30
Buganddoug
X NJRC Vice President

If it was your Tank What would you Pick Cone 3 or DCS-250 and why?

Current Tank Info: 220 Gallon Heavily stock tank Reef and Fish. 100 gallon sump, ATI Power cone IS Protein skimmer, Warner Warine MR100. 4 AI Hydra 52 HD LEDS running Warner Marine EcoBAK bio pellets,Warner Marine additives
Unread 11/25/2013, 04:46 PM   #31
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Question Reef Octopus DCS-250

Quote:
If it was your Tank What would you Pick Cone 3 or DCS-250 and why?
Well, if you want to make it personal ... I would choose the Reef Octopus DCS-250 because the DC pump is not only safe and efficient, but it also makes it very easy to adjust your skimmer without getting your hands dirty! — Robert @ Marine Depot

Unread 11/25/2013, 04:53 PM   #32
Buganddoug
X NJRC Vice President

Thank you Robert That's all I need to know. Now I will Let the Wife know. Christmas Gift for me!!

Unread 11/25/2013, 04:57 PM   #33
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up Foam for the Holidays

Quote:
Thank you Robert That's all I need to know. Now I will Let the Wife know. Christmas Gift for me!!
You're very welcome. Always happy to lend a hand. Have a foamy Christmas!

Unread 11/27/2013, 11:03 PM   #34
GatorsUF
Registered Member

what do you recommend for a heavily stocked 90 gallon mixed reef?

GatorsUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2013, 06:09 AM   #35
breadfan
Registered Member

I am impressed to see all the models still in stock. I ordered a CO1 yesterday.

breadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2013, 12:19 PM   #36
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up AquaMaxx Protein Skimmers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsUF View Post
what do you recommend for a heavily stocked 90 gallon mixed reef?
The AquaMaxx EcoMaxx EM200 In-Sump Protein Skimmer would be a great choice (15% off today with coupon code EPICSALE and includes free shipping).

Unread 11/29/2013, 12:21 PM   #37
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Exclamation AquaMaxx ConeS In-Sump Protein Skimmers

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadfan View Post
I am impressed to see all the models still in stock. I ordered a CO1 yesterday.
Looks like CO-2 and CO-3 are gone now. Wow! We were confident we had enough stock for the holidays. These skimmers are HOT!

Unread 12/08/2013, 10:04 PM   #38
ECFENCING
Registered Member

What would you recommend for a heavily stocked 50 gallon + 15 gallon sump operating level and 8" water depth ?

ECFENCING is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2013, 01:22 PM   #39
MarineDepot
Sponsor

NOW IN STOCK: AquaMaxx ConeS CO-2 and CO-3 Protein Skimmers Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECFENCING View Post
What would you recommend for a heavily stocked 50 gallon + 15 gallon sump operating level and 8" water depth ?
The CO-1 is a great choice and would certainly get the job done. If you want something with a little stronger pump for heavier bioloads, the EM200 would be a great alternative.

Unread 12/09/2013, 07:14 PM   #40
ECFENCING
Registered Member

thanks I prefer the CO-1 since it's more compact but will an 8" sump depth be ok? I desgined my sump with an 8" baffle

the specs state 9.5" water level

Unread 12/10/2013, 09:47 AM   #41
CReyes350
Registered Member

I currently own a Skimz 161and that thing is a monster in my 120 galllon system, I absolutely love it. I am currently in the market for another skimmer to drop in a similar setup. How does the Aquamaxx cone 2 compare in performance to the skimz 161?

Thanks!

CReyes350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2013, 10:49 AM   #42
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
thanks I prefer the CO-1 since it's more compact but will an 8" sump depth be ok? I desgined my sump with an 8" baffle

the specs state 9.5" water level
The CO-1 does run better at a water depth of 9.5" because of the raised outlet pipe. This 9.5" water depth will prevent micro-bubbles and excess splashing noise. The EM200 may be a better choice for this reason as it will run perfect at an 8" water depth.

Unread 12/10/2013, 10:58 AM   #43
MarineDepot
Sponsor

NOW IN STOCK: AquaMaxx ConeS CO-2 and CO-3 Protein Skimmers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CReyes350 View Post
I currently own a Skimz 161and that thing is a monster in my 120 galllon system, I absolutely love it. I am currently in the market for another skimmer to drop in a similar setup. How does the Aquamaxx cone 2 compare in performance to the skimz 161?

Thanks!
After comparing the specs it appears the skimmers are quite similar. I see the pumps have comparable ratings and the reaction chamber is exactly the same at 6" in diameter.

The CO-2 does include the innovative bubble plate making for increased contact time and utilizes the Sicce brand name pump which are some extra benefits. For these reasons, I believe the CO-2 would be a great alternative for your aquarium and should perform similar if not better than your current skimmer.

Unread 12/10/2013, 11:05 AM   #44
CReyes350
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineDepot View Post
After comparing the specs it appears the skimmers are quite similar. I see the pumps have comparable ratings and the reaction chamber is exactly the same at 6" in diameter.

The CO-2 does include the innovative bubble plate making for increased contact time and utilizes the Sicce brand name pump which are some extra benefits. For these reasons, I believe the CO-2 would be a great alternative for your aquarium and should perform similar if not better than your current skimmer.
Thank you for the quick response! One last question- What is the difference between the cone and cone S? I have been trying to research it, but i havent found any straight forward answers.

CReyes350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2013, 11:18 AM   #45
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CReyes350 View Post
Thank you for the quick response! One last question- What is the difference between the cone and cone S? I have been trying to research it, but i havent found any straight forward answers.
Always glad to help.

In reality, the skimmers are quite similar. The main differences are the upgraded bubble plate included on the ConeS series and the addition of a handle on the collection cup. Otherwise, they are pretty much identical.

I have used both skimmers on my own aquarium and was impressed with both the quality of the construction and performance. I think you will be happy no matter which option you choose.

-Robert F.

Unread 12/10/2013, 01:29 PM   #46
ECFENCING
Registered Member

Quote:
The CO-1 does run better at a water depth of 9.5" because of the raised outlet pipe. This 9.5" water depth will prevent micro-bubbles and excess splashing noise. The EM200 may be a better choice for this reason as it will run perfect at an 8" water depth.
thanks! so do you think the em-200 will be overkill for a 50 gallon system + 15 gallon sump operating level? Reason I ask is that I have a psk-1000 atb mini airstar on my system right now with a vertex in-100 body and it seems to skim for a day or two then stop.

I know it depends on the system and it could also be due to the fact that I transferred over all of my rock and corals from a holding tank and did a 100% water change.

Unread 12/10/2013, 01:43 PM   #47
BoricuaMojao
Registered Member

Quote:
Always glad to help.

In reality, the skimmers are quite similar. The main differences are the upgraded bubble plate included on the ConeS series and the addition of a handle on the collection cup. Otherwise, they are pretty much identical.

I have used both skimmers on my own aquarium and was impressed with both the quality of the construction and performance. I think you will be happy no matter which option you choose.

-Robert F.

Robert, I purchased a ConeS-1 from you guys recently and have it set up in 9.5" of water in the sump. The silencer is partially submerged (the bottom part) and it keeps getting water in it which in turn makes an annoying bubbling sound.

Any suggestions?

Current Tank Info: 70 gal cube reef to be, apollo reef solarblast, SSA-CS7
BoricuaMojao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2013, 01:49 PM   #48
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
thanks! so do you think the em-200 will be overkill for a 50 gallon system + 15 gallon sump operating level? Reason I ask is that I have a psk-1000 atb mini airstar on my system right now with a vertex in-100 body and it seems to skim for a day or two then stop.

I know it depends on the system and it could also be due to the fact that I transferred over all of my rock and corals from a holding tank and did a 100% water change.
It is a strong skimmer but with a heavy bio-load, it will work great for a tank of your size. Especially if you want to achieve a low nutrient system for SPS corals.

Skimate production is based around your organic waste levels and it does make sense you experienced less skimate collection immediately after a large water change.

Unread 12/10/2013, 01:56 PM   #49
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoricuaMojao View Post
Robert, I purchased a ConeS-1 from you guys recently and have it set up in 9.5" of water in the sump. The silencer is partially submerged (the bottom part) and it keeps getting water in it which in turn makes an annoying bubbling sound.

Any suggestions?
This skimmer is a bit different because of the raised outlet pipe which leaves little room for water level changes.

The best operating level will be just above the outlet and below the air silencer bracket. This does not leave much room for changing water levels, however, if you keep the level just above the outlet and below the silencer bracket, you should not have any problems.

You might also try tightening the screw that holds the silencer in place to help deter water from entering the silencer.

Unread 12/10/2013, 02:03 PM   #50
BoricuaMojao
Registered Member

Quote:
This skimmer is a bit different because of the raised outlet pipe which leaves little room for water level changes.

The best operating level will be just above the outlet and below the air silencer bracket. This does not leave much room for changing water levels, however, if you keep the level just above the outlet and below the silencer bracket, you should not have any problems.

You might also try tightening the screw that holds the silencer in place to help deter water from entering the silencer.
Thanks, I tried that already.

Since I built the sump with the 9.5 inch skimmer chamber I'm thinking I'll just raise the skimmer slightly with something underneath.

Current Tank Info: 70 gal cube reef to be, apollo reef solarblast, SSA-CS7
BoricuaMojao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquamaxx co-1, aquamaxx co-2, aquamaxx co-3, aquamaxx cones, marine depot