Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Southwest Tank And Reef Society (STARS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/19/2010, 05:54 PM   #1
stanger50lx92
Registered Member

Acrylic rod anywhere in El Paso?

Hey guys, I am wanting to join together live rock and make small frag stands, sort of like a frag disk with the post but without the disk. Got the idea from the monthly mag that's free at the local fish stores. They had an article about using acrylic rod and acrylic sheet.
I have been to HD and found the acrylic sheet in diffrent thickness but no rod. Would any of you guys from el paso and las cruces know where to go? I have also been to wal mart and hobby lobby.
Thanks
Freddy

stanger50lx92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2010, 10:21 PM   #2
deehz
Registered Member

Freddy,
Grainger carry's what you are looking for. The caveat however is that you have to have a commercial account w/them in order to make purchase's. This is the only place in EP and LC that I know carry acrylic rods.

Thanks!

There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed. ~Mohandas K. Gandhi
deehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2010, 10:41 PM   #3
jmait769
-CSHFLW

I was able to get ½“ at either Bakers Glass at 4015 Montana Avenue or Hobby Lobby. It has been awhile so not 100% which one. I used it for my sock and in the freshwater holding tank.

Jay

Current Tank Info: 150 Gallon, Marco Rocks, 8x80W ATI Powermodule, Apex, Super Reef Octopus XP-3000 external
jmait769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2010, 11:24 PM   #4
ahlebik
Registered Member

Used acrylic rods to support my rock work and have four 1/4" X 3' rods left over.

If you dont find any and want some of my extra's let me know.

Oh they were ordered from TAP Plastics online and are opaque white.

ahlebik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2010, 11:17 AM   #5
stanger50lx92
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlebik View Post
Used acrylic rods to support my rock work and have four 1/4" X 3' rods left over.

If you dont find any and want some of my extra's let me know.

Oh they were ordered from TAP Plastics online and are opaque white.
Thanks much ahlebik but i know what it means to me to have spare "stuff" around, somehow i always find a way to use that stuff when i need it! Keep it and sooner or later it will come into good use but thank you very much for the offer!

Grainger, is that the place on the corner of lomaland and pelicano? They sell big auto parts like for 18 wheelers? if this is the same place ill go check it out. I work for the water utilities and as a mechanic and we do have an account with them! Ill see if i just have to tell them i work for the water utilities or if i have to have it ordered by our parts guy or what. if it works then anyone who is in need of this stuff just PM me and ill get what you guys need. Ill let you guys know if it works! thanks much deehz!
thanks everyone for your help and heads up!
Freddy

stanger50lx92 is offline   Reply With Quote