Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/06/2020, 02:18 AM   #1
jsousa
Registered Member

RD3 MiniSpeedy 50 watt F3 error

Hey Scott,

My RD3 is acting up. Last week, I did a maintenance because the pump was getting an F3 error. Took the whole skimmer apart and gave her a nice vinegar bath. Disassembled the pump, soaked it in vinegar, scrubbed it with a toothbrush inside and out, put it all back together and it started up after a few bumpy starts.

This week, my power went out for a few minutes, and went the power came back I was getting F3 again. So I took it apart and gave it yet another bath and scrub and put it back together. This time the controller keeps giving me the F3 error on startup. It’s really frustrating since I really don’t think I have even had this pump more than 2 years. Any thoughts?

Thanks man. Hope you’re not too cold up there in the wilderness. 😀
John

Unread 12/06/2020, 06:58 PM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

Glad we were able to chat earlier today and get you taken care of.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2020, 07:29 PM   #3
jsousa
Registered Member

Thanks Scott. You da man!