Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/05/2018, 08:15 AM   #1
monti1
Registered Member

Lighting recommendations

Hi folks,

I’m running a JbJ 24 and looking to upgrade the PC lighting to LED. I’ve been looking at the Kessil stuff and it looks very nice. I’m also looking at retro fit kits to fit the stock hood. What would you guys recommend? What are you running on smaller tanks and how’s it working out? I’ll be running them over a mixed reef most LPS and softies. A couple of caps and stuff like that.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2018, 01:15 PM   #2
lpsouth1978
Registered Member

My vote would be either a Kessil or an AI Prime HD. I have not used the Kessil, but have heard and seen nothing but good about them. As for the AI Prime, I LOVE them. I was using 2 over my 40b until I found a KILLER deal on a pair of AI Hydra 26's. An AI Prime HD would be plenty of light over your tank for LPS and softies, even SPS if placed higher and in the middle 12" of the tank.

Unread 10/05/2018, 03:58 PM   #3
monti1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpsouth1978 View Post
My vote would be either a Kessil or an AI Prime HD. I have not used the Kessil, but have heard and seen nothing but good about them. As for the AI Prime, I LOVE them. I was using 2 over my 40b until I found a KILLER deal on a pair of AI Hydra 26's. An AI Prime HD would be plenty of light over your tank for LPS and softies, even SPS if placed higher and in the middle 12" of the tank.

Thank you. I’m leaving towards the Kessil. Looks like 1 would be able to handle what I’d like to keep. I suppose I could always add a second one down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2018, 07:18 PM   #4
Uncle99
Crab Free Zone

Kessil makes a great light, super colour, easy to deploy, plug and play.

Uncle99 is offline   Reply With Quote