Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/13/2015, 06:34 PM   #476
theMatrix
Registered Member.

Pmed ya kimoy

theMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2015, 02:06 AM   #477
kimoy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMatrix View Post
Pmed ya kimoy
Pmd you back.

Current Tank Info: 120 gal mixed reef almost a DAY old
kimoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2015, 02:07 AM   #478
kimoy
Registered Member

Got LS.

Current Tank Info: 120 gal mixed reef almost a DAY old
kimoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2016, 09:41 AM   #479
brandonnissen1
Registered Member

Anyone have anything they are looking to get rid of?

brandonnissen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/12/2016, 05:45 PM   #480
RichieG
Registered Member

I am looking to get rid of about 20 lbs of assorted Live Rock. It's been in the same aquarium for about 5 years. Nothing new was introduced. I haven't had any pest problems beyond some red algae last year. That is gone, but you can see some reddish stain appearance on some rocks. There are some various tube worm/feather dusters ( very small) and some small amounts of coraline algae. Some is base rock. Some is Caribbean and some is tonga or fiji. I am taking an aquarium down and will sell parts on ebay, but I'd like to get this rock to a good home first. I will give it away. If anyone wants to make an offer, fine, but I am not listing it for sale. Free is fine. I am not sure if UPS will ship this, but I have 2 Styrofoam coolers in cardboard boxes that I can ship it in ... using bags to line the coolers if someone wants to pay the shipping. Pick up is good too or I can meet you somewhere in Central PA if it's within a half hour's drive from maybe ... Hershey, PA. I have not visited this site in 11 years ... to the DAY! What are the odds? ... I'v just been living the life! Let me know if anyone's interested. There is some sand too, maybe 15 or 20 lbs.

Last edited by RichieG; 03/12/2016 at 06:19 PM.
RichieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/13/2016, 11:25 AM   #481
RichieG
Registered Member

OK! It looks like I found a home for the rock.

Unread 03/13/2016, 04:01 PM   #482
ajim523
Registered Member

Plz read. Need equipment

Anyone have a fluval fx 6 canister filter or reef octopus 1000 Hob skimmer for sale in also need live sand live rock heaters and ligets. I just bought new 120 tank and stand. Need help to get the rest. Ty all for reading

ajim523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/13/2016, 10:12 PM   #483
3seconds2live
Registered Member

ajim this is a section to post up items you have not beg for items you need. If you want an item post an in search of post or want to buy post in the main section and see if someone has one to sell.

Current tank info: 75 gal, 80lbs live rock, 75lbs sand, Sunpod 2x 250watt mh fixture with 18 lunar leds, 2 k4's, 1 coral beauty angel, 1 foxface, 1 engineer goby, and 2 black and white ocellaris clowns that have hosted in my Bta. I also have mostly snails and 2 hermits along with a purple linkia starfish.
3seconds2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/10/2016, 11:29 AM   #484
trackfast
Registered Member

Free crush coral substrate (25 to 30 lbs aragonite); I got it from a friend's breakdown. It was rinsed and then cycled so it's ready to go. I can also give out small / large portions to seed fuges / tanks if wanted. Please bring a container. If you want all of it a 5G bucket should work.

trackfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/25/2016, 09:16 AM   #485
trackfast
Registered Member

FREE frags of Tyree War Coral. I have four; pick up on the NE side of Naperville

trackfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2016, 06:03 AM   #486
reef freek
Registered Member.

i have 20 gallons of live sand removed this weekend bring a bucket or 2 and take what u need. text for address 224 650 0560 mike in mchenry.

reef freek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2016, 05:37 PM   #487
mcsaltydog
Registered Member

Lots of long captive Marshall Islands live rock. Some other misc. rock.

Looking to move all the live content of a 400 gal system. Quick(ish)

mcsaltydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2016, 04:13 PM   #488
reef freek
Registered Member.

still have free live sand.

Unread 12/22/2016, 10:51 AM   #489
The Salt Creep
Registered Member

I want to gauge interest in this, and then I can work out a delivery plan if anyone wants it. I have a couple boxes full of aquarium 'stuff'. Over the years I have raised saltwater, cichlids, discus, wild dwarf bristlenose plecos, fancy goldfish. In this box of junk, I have about 4-5 powerheads (most crusted with pink coral), some air pumps, a couple small heaters, a 25" tall (3" diameter body) protein skimmer (that requires an air pump for flow), some old-school light bulbs. There are about 3-4 dirty hang-on-back filters for small 5-15 gallon tanks (it looks like all the parts are there), some extra filters for a hang-on-back (size?), some old fish food, some Ph test chemicals, a sponge filter, a skinny pipe cleaner brush, various connectors, knick knacks. A mesh divider for a 20gal tall tank. A bunch of small plastic plants for a guppy tank. A lot of dust. All of it is used, and I wouldn't not have kept it if it didn't work. It is free, so I won't guarantee anything works. The filters are dirty! This is basically a handy-man's special. Will require some soaking and elbow grease. I would have jumped on it when I was a under-funded noobie! The price is right.

The Salt Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/22/2016, 10:55 AM   #490
The Salt Creep
Registered Member

I also have a bucket of Texas holey rock, was in the garage, so it is dusty and might require a good bleaching.

Unread 12/23/2016, 01:58 PM   #491
reef4mat
Registered Member

Free blue green chromis. PM me if interested and can swing by downtown to pick it up today.

reef4mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/03/2017, 04:20 PM   #492
The Salt Creep
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Salt Creep View Post
I want to gauge interest in this, and then I can work out a delivery plan if anyone wants it. I have a couple boxes full of aquarium 'stuff'. Over the years I have raised saltwater, cichlids, discus, wild dwarf bristlenose plecos, fancy goldfish. In this box of junk, I have about 4-5 powerheads (most crusted with pink coral), some air pumps, a couple small heaters, a 25" tall (3" diameter body) protein skimmer (that requires an air pump for flow), some old-school light bulbs. There are about 3-4 dirty hang-on-back filters for small 5-15 gallon tanks (it looks like all the parts are there), some extra filters for a hang-on-back (size?), some old fish food, some Ph test chemicals, a sponge filter, a skinny pipe cleaner brush, various connectors, knick knacks. A mesh divider for a 20gal tall tank. A bunch of small plastic plants for a guppy tank. A lot of dust. All of it is used, and I wouldn't not have kept it if it didn't work. It is free, so I won't guarantee anything works. The filters are dirty! This is basically a handy-man's special. Will require some soaking and elbow grease. I would have jumped on it when I was a under-funded noobie! The price is right.
Ok, along with the bucket of Holey rock and all the stuff listed above:
I found an overflow box. It is NOT the kind with a couple siphon tubes, this is the kind that is a full overflow siphon style, so there is a full 'hood' that goes over the edge of the tank for water flow, not just a couple tubes. It isn't an Octopus brand, but I know they have a similar design.
Shoot me a PM and let me know if you are interested, I can do a drop-off in the Lisle/Downers Grove area.

Unread 01/05/2017, 11:03 AM   #493
reef freek
Registered Member.

Quote:
Ok, along with the bucket of Holey rock and all the stuff listed above:
I found an overflow box. It is NOT the kind with a couple siphon tubes, this is the kind that is a full overflow siphon style, so there is a full 'hood' that goes over the edge of the tank for water flow, not just a couple tubes. It isn't an Octopus brand, but I know they have a similar design.
Shoot me a PM and let me know if you are interested, I can do a drop-off in the Lisle/Downers Grove area.
its most likely a crp overflow box.

Unread 01/05/2017, 08:55 PM   #494
The Salt Creep
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef freek View Post
its most likely a crp overflow box.
yes, it is that style. I just googled the crp boxes, and it is the same general concept. Mine is unused.

To add to my Handy-Man box of junk, I also have a reflector hood. It is a piece of stainless (?) that is about 30" long, and has a socket for a bulb on one end.

Unread 01/10/2017, 08:14 AM   #495
reef freek
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimoy View Post
Pmd you back.
hey call hit me up i lost your number 224 650 0560

Unread 03/25/2017, 09:45 AM   #496
vern is moving
Registered Member

moving

I need some help! I am moving to Missouri and my fish and coral won't make the trip.
I need someone that will give them a good home for free. I am in Montgomery Il.
I have ... Blue tang, two clown fish, Midas blenny, Neon Damselfish, 7 line Wrasse, and lots of mushroom coral.
Around 25 lb of live rock. I have had the tank going for three years.
I am keeping the tank to set up in Missouri. Anyone interested can email me at Odell750@yahoo.com or pm me.

vern is moving is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2017, 11:33 AM   #497
The Salt Creep
Registered Member

Quote:
yes, it is that style. I just googled the crp boxes, and it is the same general concept. Mine is unused.

To add to my Handy-Man box of junk, I also have a reflector hood. It is a piece of stainless (?) that is about 30" long, and has a socket for a bulb on one end.
This is a stainless hood that I dont need.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hood.jpg (56.7 KB, 31 views)
Unread 04/26/2017, 01:14 AM   #498
roberto.manon3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern is moving View Post
I need some help! I am moving to Missouri and my fish and coral won't make the trip.
I need someone that will give them a good home for free. I am in Montgomery Il.
I have ... Blue tang, two clown fish, Midas blenny, Neon Damselfish, 7 line Wrasse, and lots of mushroom coral.
Around 25 lb of live rock. I have had the tank going for three years.
I am keeping the tank to set up in Missouri. Anyone interested can email me at Odell750@yahoo.com or pm me.
Hi. Sorry to write so late. Did you find anybody for the fish and rocks? I have a 110 gal waitong to be stocked and it would really help me!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

roberto.manon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/12/2017, 06:30 PM   #499
kec5015
Registered Member

Does anybody want a sand sifter star? He was given to me by someone local I bought a clownfish off of. They broke down their tank and those were the last two to go. Further research has me convinced I don't have the right home for him. Hamburg, PA 19526. email is the best way to get a hold of me kec5105@gmail.com

kec5015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2017, 12:39 PM   #500
davidcarlson
Registered Member

My Rose Bubble Tip Anemone just split in two and i want to give one of them away. I also have 3 Chromis (+/-2") that need a good home. Free! I live in Logan Square near Armitage and Western.

davidcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote