Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/02/2021, 09:39 AM   #1
guppie
Registered Member

Tunez 6055 problem

I have a 6055 that i have not used for a couple years before I put it in storage I thought I did a good job of cleaning it. I was going to use it on a tank i was setting up and found that the impeller dose not move freely. Is there any thing I can do i have had it sitting in a vinegar bath for a couple days?

guppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2021, 10:31 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Try hot water 50/50 with vinegar, about 100F would be good, just about 10 minutes in that to loosed things up, then pull the propeller while twisting. Do not exert too much force, if it does not budge, stop, we do not want to yank the metal shaft out of the motor. The ideal is to while pulling up push down on a punch that holds the shaft in through the hole in the middle of the propeller. I use a long but narrow nail to do this.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2021, 06:11 PM   #3
guppie
Registered Member

The propeller is off the shaft turns but it feels like it is grinding sand I will try what you said thanks

Unread 04/06/2021, 08:28 PM   #4
guppie
Registered Member

I read your post again, I asked the wrong question the problem I am having is the shaft moves by hand but has grounding feeling and it will not turn when I plug it in and I used a power supply from my other 6055. Is there a way to clean this? Thanks

Unread 04/07/2021, 07:10 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Do you mean the metal shaft in the pump is loose? It should be rigidly fixed in the motor and not come out, if it comes out and cannot be reseated firmly, the motor is ruined.

If the metal shaft stays in, the fix is it remove the drive unit, 6055.700 (magnet with propeller) and soak the motor and propeller in vinegar and water until all deposits are removed, calcium and dried salt will accumulate on the metal shaft and the hole in the middle of the propeller, if not disassembled prior to soaking, the space is too small to get these parts thoroughly cleaned.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 04/08/2021, 09:19 PM   #6
guppie
Registered Member

I got it all cleaned up working great thanks for your help

Unread 04/09/2021, 06:12 AM   #7
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Great news! Thank you!