Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/24/2017, 01:09 AM   #26
MK3_LUV
Registered Member

Tank looks good! I forget, what are the exact dimensions of the SCA 90? Something close to 36x24x24, correct?

MK3_LUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/24/2017, 08:17 AM   #27
pauldrapeau
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK3_LUV View Post
Tank looks good! I forget, what are the exact dimensions of the SCA 90? Something close to 36x24x24, correct?
Yes external dimensions are 36x24x24. The depth is really perfect for the space (the "man room" was originally an inlaw apartment and this was a spot where a refrigerator fit in that kitchen). The tank is nice and visible from all three sides and the 36x24 footprint makes for enough space to make it interesting all around but not so much that it takes over the room.

pauldrapeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2018, 12:49 PM   #28
pauldrapeau
Registered Member

Small update Taking it slow as I said. Things are still going very well. Plans to add some more corals and first fish in the coming weeks.

I'm still super happy with the TBS package! I gave some rock from my part 2 to a local reef club member and he did find an isopod on a fish. I've set stinky water traps and watched closely for a few months now. No bugs yet found in my tank. I've caught a bunch of gorilla crabs, they're a bit of a pain, but we just feed those to the mantis shrimp hitchhiker "Smashy".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCHU78wnwEI

Unread 08/02/2018, 04:06 PM   #29
pauldrapeau
Registered Member

Recent FTS:

Added some fish over the past few months. My clown has been with me for almost 13 years at this point and is settled right in. Two blue chromis, a bunch of frags and such... Yellow tang in QT.

For anyone wondering, I'm still loving the TBS package setup. The gorilla crabs have subsided. (I now have to feed "Smashy" shrimp on a BBQ skewer ) I would say the tank is home to 20+ porcelain crabs that made it, all of the initial CUC is doing well. The macro algae adds something to the tank IMHO and just needs to be pruned every now and then. I'm having issues growing chaeto but my sump is full of macro I've moved from the display so things are working out there.

Current interesting happenings in the tank mostly center around an extensive excavation project being undertaken by one or more pistol shrimp Big holes, things move... Most of the rock is epoxied as it sits and a big portion of it actually sits on the bottom so nothing major falls.