Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/08/2020, 09:24 AM   #1
Sk8r
RC Mod

After several days of good behavior...

The nem decided to expand in the direction of my best mushroom rock, and I have had four mushrooms bail---though they are alive and lodged in good places. Evidently the nem got as good as he gave, since he retreated to his usual spot. The nem and shrooms traded unpleasantnesses, then reestablished the truce line.

OTOH, hoping to establish a shroom population requires a little scattering, which has now happened---not the way I'd planned, but then nems do what nems do and shrooms defend themselves. It's back to peaceful now. I have one stray shroom I can net up and place on a holey rock where it can get a stable foothold.

Such things happen when you combine types of critters which can move. This was mild, and nothing died.

Salinity 1.024-6; alkalinity 8.3-9.3 on KH scale; calcium 420; magnesium 1300, temp 78-80, nitrate .2. Ammonia 0. No filters: lps tank. Alk and cal won't rise if mg is low.

Current Tank Info: 105g AquaVim wedge, yellow tang, sailfin blenny,royal gramma, ocellaris clown pair, yellow watchman, 100 microceriths, 25 tiny hermits, a 4" conch, 1" nassarius, recovering from 2 year hiatus with daily water change of 10%.
Sk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2020, 08:31 AM   #2
Sk8r
RC Mod

The purples have taken hold and are ok. The nem, meanwhile is usuing its extreme extension to try to position itself for more food, possibly more light: I'd be happy if it would climb into the upper regions of the tall spire it's at the bottom of, but it's real fond of its chosen cave. Once you put a nem into a tank it will have a mind and eventually a motive (they're radially symmetrical, having a number of independent segments, which is why they can divide and each come away with a whole nem: don't even ask the weirdness of a decision-making process involved in its 'mind'.)

Salinity 1.024-6; alkalinity 8.3-9.3 on KH scale; calcium 420; magnesium 1300, temp 78-80, nitrate .2. Ammonia 0. No filters: lps tank. Alk and cal won't rise if mg is low.

Current Tank Info: 105g AquaVim wedge, yellow tang, sailfin blenny,royal gramma, ocellaris clown pair, yellow watchman, 100 microceriths, 25 tiny hermits, a 4" conch, 1" nassarius, recovering from 2 year hiatus with daily water change of 10%.
Sk8r is offline   Reply With Quote