Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/10/2019, 06:55 AM   #1
ReefsandGeeks
Registered Member

Acro losing color

Anyone have any idea what may be causing my acro to lose it's color? Overall, the whole colony seems to be pale, and the flesh in between the polyps on top seems to be turning fairly white in places. Pictures is the best I can seem to get, but seems worse in person.

About 2 months ago, I slowly lowered my alk from 10 dkh to 8.6 dkh over a couple weeks. I also recently increased my mag from 1400 to 1600 to help combat some bryopsys as well as dose reef flux which is currently in the water.Otherwise, I haven't made any changes to the system. Lighting and flow are the same. Seems to have been getting pale very slowly over maybe a few weeks or a month. I only recently noticed the flesh between the polyps on top are getting almost white in some places.

Alk: 8.6
Ca: 450ppm
Mag:1600

Could lowering the alk, raising the mag, or dosing reef flux do this? I'm thinking the most likely cause is the alk, as it seems to have been more pale than usual prior to me adjusting the mag or dosing reef flux.

All other coral appear to be normal, no pale colors or anything like that. This is the only acro colony I have.

ReefsandGeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/10/2019, 07:00 AM   #2
ReefsandGeeks
Registered Member

Top down pic is current, the others are from about 2 months ago. Older pics are actinic only, so not a great comparison, but the best I have pictures of

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ReefsandGeeks is offline   Reply With Quote