Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Steven Pro
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/24/2015, 04:18 AM   #1
Fishoguy
Registered Member

Seeking advice on my clownfish

new to saltwater marine fish, and am extremely paranoid and scared of loosing them, tank has been cycled for approx 3months 93l tank) have coral/Rock clowns & a sailfin tang, my concern is that it appears that around the female clowns anus it seems to almost be rotting away , looking abnormaly large in my opinion , and male clown has what appears to me a growth or has been bitten behind the right fin , any advice that can put my mind to ease to as what's happening would get me a good nights sleep . I've attempted to try upload photos not sure if they've uploaded still working out this great forum

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (39.8 KB, 4 views)
Fishoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2015, 06:30 AM   #2
Puffyluv
Registered Member

I'm not sure if this happens with clowns, but many female fish sort of extend their genitals when ready to mate. Could be this? Maybe a clownfish breeder can pipe up...I do coral, lol...

I'm sorry, couldn't see the growth under the fin you are talking about....they look great to me!

Puffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#clownfisg, #growth, #new, #sick