Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/15/2018, 08:01 AM   #1
Cliving1
Registered Member

Peaceful additions-75 gallon

Well I removed my scopas tang and returned it to my lfs. That was an impulse buy I'm trying to avoid going forward. I currently have an open reef style setup, lots of swimming room. I currently have 1 skunk clown, 1 coral beauty angel, 1 swallowtail angel, 1 female leopard wrasse, and 1 rainford goby. Do I have room for other peaceful additions now that the tang is rehome?

Currently all the fish get along great. The coral beauty chases the swallowtail from time to time, but it cant catch it. When the female leopard is out, she rules the tank.

Thoughts?

Cliving1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2018, 09:08 AM   #2
raphmac
Registered Member

I think the amount you feed along with your filtration system and your maintenance routine dictates wether you’ll be able to house more fish or not...(you should know from some nitrate and phosphate testing)
But some peaceful fish do come to mind while reading about your tank. Notably cardinals ( banggais are typically more common and pretty) flasher wrasse, smaller tangs maybe, dartfish, anthias, blennies, potentially more leopards, gobies (for more activity near the sandbed), the list goes on...
So do some testing and some research, and maybe gift yourself something new this Christmas...
Happy reefing.

raphmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2018, 05:47 PM   #3
mike61289
Registered Member

Is your tank covered? Dartfish make pretty additions. If you want something a bit bigger, I recommend a sandsifter goby. I purchased a Bella Goby 3 months ago and he is awesome! Not at all shy, eats everything I give him, and sifts through the sand all day long.

Unread 12/15/2018, 06:04 PM   #4
lapin
Registered Member

If you want fish that swim out in the open I would pick the flasher or fairy wrasses. They are small enough to fit in your tank and brave enough to swim with the big fish. Will even work for higher flow where I find some fish like cardinals will hide from the current.

Current Tank Info: Interior decorating happening
lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2018, 09:21 PM   #5
Silly clownfish
Registered Member

You need a flame hawk, if your tank is covered.

Current Tank Info: 75g mixed reef, 20g sump, ocelaris clownfish (20+yrs old), flame hawk, one spot foxface rabbitfish, green mandarin, Bicolor Blenny, Coral Beauty;30g sumpless with Spotcinctus pair
Silly clownfish is offline   Reply With Quote