Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Marine Depot
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/06/2015, 10:20 PM   #51
IMAGNDAT
Registered Member

48-60" current marine pro

Hi I have a standard 75 gallon 48 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 21 1/8 purchased the 48-60" current orbit marine pro, I'm ready to start placing corals into tank, wondering if should use the m4 pre-program to acclimate and for how long do I acclimate before using m1 or m3 program, or should I be manually setting my lights.

IMAGNDAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/07/2015, 10:46 AM   #52
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAGNDAT View Post
Hi I have a standard 75 gallon 48 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 21 1/8 purchased the 48-60" current orbit marine pro, I'm ready to start placing corals into tank, wondering if should use the m4 pre-program to acclimate and for how long do I acclimate before using m1 or m3 program, or should I be manually setting my lights.
We would recommend to first start with the M2 acclimation mode for two weeks followed by the M4 mode for another two weeks.

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/07/2015, 02:16 PM   #53
IMAGNDAT
Registered Member

Thanks!

IMAGNDAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/09/2015, 05:43 AM   #54
figuerres
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineDepot View Post
Hi Va7zt,

That's quite a bit of light you currently have: 717W. Unfortunately, the Dual Orbit would not replace what you currently have as the 48"-60" Dual Orbit is only rated at 134W. With the Warm white and Magenta LED's, the fixture does have a slight tinge: however, it does help to bring out certain colors.

We would recommend something more powerful: such as a 43.5" MaxSpect Razor or two EcoTech Marine Radions.

just one thing: stop talking about watts - they are not light.
a watt is a unit of energy not a unit of light!
the world got started with this when the only lights were old bulbs way back but they have never been a way to say what kind of light was made.

so a 13 watt led light can be "better" than a 100 watt bulb both by putting out more light and by using less electric power and by generating less heat.

just saying....

:-)

Current Tank Info: 150 reef tank underway, getting it stocked
figuerres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/12/2015, 12:12 PM   #55
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by figuerres View Post
just one thing: stop talking about watts - they are not light.
a watt is a unit of energy not a unit of light!
the world got started with this when the only lights were old bulbs way back but they have never been a way to say what kind of light was made.

so a 13 watt led light can be "better" than a 100 watt bulb both by putting out more light and by using less electric power and by generating less heat.

just saying....
It would be great if all the lighting manufacturers provide spectrum analysis as well as implement some sort of standardized testing to provide PUR ratings for their lights. Even PAR ratings can be easily manipulated to give false information in a reef aquarium application.

Majority of hobbyists understand wattage, but only a small portion understand the difference between PAR, PUR or be able to understand differences between spectrum analysis charts.

Fortunately, with our experience, we are able to help hobbyists understand what light they need and put it in a language most can understand.

Unread 10/15/2015, 10:13 AM   #56
mwolf
Registered Member

I have a 75 gallon, would the pro grow even sps in my tank? Thx!

mwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2015, 03:50 PM   #57
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Lightbulb Orbit Marine Pro for SPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolf View Post
I have a 75 gallon, would the pro grow even sps in my tank? Thx!
Hi mwolf!

It would have to be easier, beginner-friendly SPS corals placed at the very top of your aquascape or near the top of the aquarium.

A standard 75 gallon tank has dimensions of 48" x 18" x 21" and, according to the manufacturer’s PAR chart, it would not be strong enough to keep SPS in the lower half of the aquarium if you really want the SPS corals to keep their nice color.

Unread 10/15/2015, 05:42 PM   #58
mwolf
Registered Member

Got it! Thank you so much!

mwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2015, 11:08 AM   #59
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Lightbulb Current USA Orbit Marine Pro LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolf View Post
Got it! Thank you so much!
Fo sho! Happy to help.

Unread 10/22/2015, 02:34 PM   #60
Mbakeroo
Registered Member

Do you stock the replacement remotes for the Marine Pro? Love my light but haven't seen my remote in the last two months, !!! Not sure where to get one.

Thanks, Maria

Current Tank Info: 45 Gallon with Refuge; UV Sterilizer, Protein Skimmer, Auto Top-Off
Mbakeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/23/2015, 12:16 PM   #61
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbakeroo View Post
Do you stock the replacement remotes for the Marine Pro? Love my light but haven't seen my remote in the last two months, !!! Not sure where to get one.

Thanks, Maria
Hi Maria,

We do not stock them. You can call Current USA at 760-727-7011 or email them through their website: http://current-usa.com/support/about/

I'm sure its something that Current USA deals with frequently.

Unread 11/09/2015, 12:59 PM   #62
23cnhit
Registered Member

Got my light, I like it alot, but am wondering if it is strong enough. Each LED is 1 watt correct? To grow everything even at low level I need a light where each led is 3 watts correct? Or am I wrong?

23cnhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2015, 01:28 PM   #63
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23cnhit View Post
Got my light, I like it alot, but am wondering if it is strong enough. Each LED is 1 watt correct? To grow everything even at low level I need a light where each led is 3 watts correct? Or am I wrong?
Hi 23cnhit,

The Orbit Marine uses 0.25W LED's. Which LED's are needed really depends on the size/dimensions of the aquariums as well as the type of corals you plan to keep.

Please feel free to give us a call at 800-566-3474 and we will happy to get more information from you and give you some suggestions.

Unread 11/17/2015, 04:56 AM   #64
rorroreef
Resident Wise Guy

I have a 180g fowlr that measures 72x30x20t. Not really planning on adding corals or perhaps just softies in the future. How much of the 30" front to back do you think an orbit pro would cover if I am just using the legs to sit the light on the tank? Thanks for your help.

rorroreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/17/2015, 10:57 AM   #65
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorroreef View Post
I have a 180g fowlr that measures 72x30x20t. Not really planning on adding corals or perhaps just softies in the future. How much of the 30" front to back do you think an orbit pro would cover if I am just using the legs to sit the light on the tank? Thanks for your help.
Being a shallow tank at 20", the coverage will actually be a little narrower as the light doesn't get a chance to spread out. We would expect the PRO to cover about 13"-15" and the regular Orbit to cover about 18"-20". Either way, you would need two strips.

Unread 11/19/2015, 07:20 AM   #66
backdraft310
Registered Member

Hello Marine Depot, So my question is this. I was looking at getting the current orbit reef pro light. My tank is 36 3/16 X 18 1/4 X 16 15/16. Would this light cover the tank well? Should I hang it or just put it on the top with the feet? I have just LPS coral right now but would like to get some SPS at some point. Do you think it would support a clam?

backdraft310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2015, 10:47 AM   #67
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdraft310 View Post
Hello Marine Depot, So my question is this. I was looking at getting the current orbit reef pro light. My tank is 36 3/16 X 18 1/4 X 16 15/16. Would this light cover the tank well? Should I hang it or just put it on the top with the feet? I have just LPS coral right now but would like to get some SPS at some point. Do you think it would support a clam?
Hi brackdraft310,
To get better coverage, you will definitely want to suspend the fixture. We would say probably about 6" to 10" above the aquarium. The light should work well for LPS and clams (higher light clams like the crocea or maxima should be placed on the upper half of the aquarium). For sps, lower light sps (birdsnest, many montipora, pocillopora's) should be fine. However, higher light SPS will require a second strip or a more-powerful fixture (such as the MaxSpect Razor).

Unread 11/19/2015, 10:49 AM   #68
backdraft310
Registered Member

Thanks for the response!

Unread 11/19/2015, 11:03 AM   #69
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up Thank YOU

Quote:
Thanks for the response!
Always happy to talk tank. Hit us up any time you have a question.

Unread 11/20/2015, 07:24 AM   #70
backdraft310
Registered Member

So other question for you,LED lights and par meters. How accurate are the meters with LEDs?

Unread 11/20/2015, 12:05 PM   #71
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
So other question for you,LED lights and par meters. How accurate are the meters with LEDs?
Par meters are great for measuring visible light. They can also be a good general guide for aquariums. Or, help you track the performance of a light over time. However, spectrum plays a big part in the par reading: in that a red light will give you a much higher par reading than a blue light. So, the actual number itself may not be as helpful and may not always be effective in comparing one light source to another.

Unread 11/20/2015, 12:27 PM   #72
backdraft310
Registered Member

Thanks, I guess I will go by what the coral tell me

Unread 11/22/2015, 10:17 AM   #73
mkmslc
Registered Member

I have a 210 that I am setting up. 72x24dx30t. Will 2 Orbit pros provide enough light for future growth of lps and sps? thanks

mkmslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/23/2015, 11:55 AM   #74
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmslc View Post
I have a 210 that I am setting up. 72x24dx30t. Will 2 Orbit pros provide enough light for future growth of lps and sps? thanks
Hi mkmslc,

Since the aquarium is fairly deep, two Orbit Pro's maybe sufficient for LPS but will not be enough for SPS: unless you keep the SPS ONLY towards the upper few inches of the aquarium. For this application, we'd recommend the two of the more-powerful 27" MaxSpect Razors.

Unread 01/10/2016, 01:45 PM   #75
Kactai
Registered Member

Hi,

I currently have the orbit marine 48"-60" LED fixture on my standard 75g tank. I'm lookin to keep LPS and softies and I'm wondering if I should supplement with an orbit marine pro 36-48" or if I can get away with another of the cheaper 48" non pro models?

In other words, how does adding another fixture increase PAR and PUR values for these lights?

Thanks

Kactai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
current usa, marine depot, orbit marine, orbit marine pro, ramp timer pro