Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/20/2006, 09:14 PM   #1
$$sucker
Registered Member

black ich and white ich

over the last couple days i noticed a few black dots on my yellow tang upon closer inspection i have also found that all fish have white spots. is it possible to have both at the same time ?

ok a liitle history,my father inlaw gave the tank to me for my 6month old sons enjoyment. the tank has been setup for 4 years as a FOWLR it is a 72 gal bowfront it had a 5" yellow tang, 6" hippo blue tang and 6" heniocis (banner fish) these fish were way to big for this tank with the help of LFS i found local fish keepers with larger tanks to take them .

my tank had about 70#s LR and while it was fishless went and got 25#s more, some mushrooms(striped and tonga), trumpet coral and a kenya tree.i picked up 10 peppermint shrimp 40 snails and 25 hermit crabs . I now have a 2" yellow tang , 3"coral beauty, 2" orchid dotty these fish were picked up feb 1 2006 4 days ago the guy who took my blue tang called and said since i gave the tang to him he felt bad that i didnt want money for it and he had a mated pair of perc clowns if i would like them , I had admired them when i was there droping off dory. so he brought them over

lights are 4x65 cf coralife , aquamedics skimmer (old one cousin gave me) and just hooked up 29gal refuguim with lifereef overflow box.
ph 8.1
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 5-10

just went out and got a 20gal i can use a hospital tank / QT(now i just found how important this is )

I hope this is enough info thanks JD

$$sucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/21/2006, 02:39 PM   #2
kevin2000
Registered Member

Heres a good link discussing black ich ... take a look at the picture of the yellow tang.
http://www.petsforum.com/personal/tr.../blackich.html

kevin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/22/2006, 10:11 AM   #3
leebca
Registered Member

Multiple diseases at the same time? Look at this:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...hreadid=754008

leebca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/22/2006, 03:10 PM   #4
$$sucker
Registered Member

thanks i now have all fish in 2 hospital tanks one 20 gal and one 10gal and the tang is all by himself in the 10 gal and the rest in the 20 all fish are doing well in hypo and recving fw dips every other day its going to be a long 8 week with a fishless display on the bright side my peppermint shrimp have never been out so much

Current Tank Info: 72 bowfront,29 refuge,2x250MH 14k, 4x65 cf,asm-g2,36 watt uv, 115 lbs lr,3inch sand bed (agonite reef),running 4years as fowlr now becoming a reef
$$sucker is offline   Reply With Quote