Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/27/2014, 03:15 PM   #1
zv3n
Registered Member

Problem connecting to ecosmart program

I can log onto the website but the program says unexpected error occured please try again. I have restarted/reinstalled. Java is up to date. Tried on my desktop sma problem.. Anyone has a clue?

zv3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2014, 03:39 PM   #2
Tradewinds
Registered Member

By program, I'll assume you mean Ecosmart Live?

I am able to connect and make adjustments to both my tanks at 4:38 CST

Are you using Chrome or Safari as your browser?

Tradewinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2014, 04:07 PM   #3
zv3n
Registered Member

Firefox, i mean the manager. The program you neerd to istall. I cant long in, tho i see it has detected the radions and i can switch the buttons off/onn but nothing more..

zv3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2014, 09:04 PM   #4
timberwolfny
Registered Member

same problem here thinking their site is down

timberwolfny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2014, 08:34 AM   #5
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwolfny View Post
same problem here thinking their site is down
We are currently performing routine maintenance on our servers. The site should be online in about a half hour.

Unread 09/28/2014, 09:17 AM   #6
prairieboy
Registered Member

Sure would be nice if such things are prescheduled and posted in advance.

prairieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2014, 10:38 AM   #7
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieboy View Post
Sure would be nice if such things are prescheduled and posted in advance.
We completely agree. This one was absolutely necessary to improve user experience.

Unread 09/28/2014, 11:15 AM   #8
aqua1dude
Registered Member

I'm still having trouble on the site. I can log on but it shows me as offline. Ive unplugged the reef link and plugged it back in but it is still offline. I tried several times but Im still offline. Is maintenance still taking place? The time is currently 1:13 PM EST.

aqua1dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2014, 11:26 AM   #9
timberwolfny
Registered Member

I think everyone does understand that servers need to me maintained, but a notice or message to give people a time frame that the site would be down would have been vastly helpful. I would not have tried to program my lights during those hours if I knew it would be down. Lucky I did not waste 200 for a reeflink since this experience cause me to stay up all night and learn the control schemes for my apex to control the lights

timberwolfny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2014, 11:29 AM   #10
aqua1dude
Registered Member

Update: Im no longer showing as offline but when I try to program devices it shows the message that its programming devices and the screen stays there for several minutes.

Unread 09/28/2014, 01:12 PM   #11
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua1dude View Post
Update: Im no longer showing as offline but when I try to program devices it shows the message that its programming devices and the screen stays there for several minutes.
Have you tried since then? Are you using the web or mobile app? I have been able to program without a problem since the update this morning.

Unread 09/28/2014, 01:36 PM   #12
prairieboy
Registered Member

I have the same issue as last night. I have tried on an ipad as well as on a pc with google chrome and safari. No matter what I do- even if I follow the instructions to shut all down etc.- ecosmart live won't link to devices.

It times out. I had the same thing happen last night and today after the system came back up.

In both cases I was trying to add one of two vortechs to my reeflink/2 light radion system. And in both cases ecosmart live timed out/hung on the update of the second vortech. And subsequently it won't connect to any devices- lights or the single vortech- that was programmed successfully.

I have to echo the same story... I would not have tried to reprogram my system yesterday and wasted hours of personal time had I known there were issues or there would be a down time.

Last edited by prairieboy; 09/28/2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo
Unread 09/28/2014, 01:40 PM   #13
aqua1dude
Registered Member

Im connecting through Safari. It seems to be working now. At one point I starting receiving the following error "An error occurred while programming your daily schedule"

That error was occurring whenever I hit program aquarium. I refreshed devices and it started working. Earlier whenever I hit refresh devices the button would not work. All is well now.

Unread 09/28/2014, 01:49 PM   #14
prairieboy
Registered Member

I wish I had the same success but that is not my experience

Unread 09/29/2014, 05:11 PM   #15
prairieboy
Registered Member

Today at 1400 hours doing the same thing with Chrome it worked. No luck with my iPad and the app. Go figure!!

Unread 09/30/2014, 08:35 PM   #16
avandss
I'm hooked

nothing is working for me since the update, i suddenly get a green yellow red light, was working for months before last night!

avandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2014, 07:17 AM   #17
Alex Y EcoTech
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avandss View Post
nothing is working for me since the update, i suddenly get a green yellow red light, was working for months before last night!
Have you tried power cycling the ReefLink? If that does not resolve the issue, how many red LEDS do you see on your ReefLink?

Alex Y EcoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2014, 03:00 PM   #18
ironcityjim
Registered Member

Having some issues here too. I had 2 Radion G3Pro hooked up to my Apex for a while and all was good. Just got a reeflink because I liked the interface, but it is not cooperating. Been messing with it for 3 days now. I can hit through all the presets and everything responds but I have not been able to load a schedule. I keep getting an error. I was also never able to get MP40's connected either.

ironcityjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2014, 06:14 PM   #19
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcityjim View Post
Having some issues here too. I had 2 Radion G3Pro hooked up to my Apex for a while and all was good. Just got a reeflink because I liked the interface, but it is not cooperating. Been messing with it for 3 days now. I can hit through all the presets and everything responds but I have not been able to load a schedule. I keep getting an error. I was also never able to get MP40's connected either.
Can you please private message me your ESL account email so I can take a look at your profile? Regarding your MP40s, did you follow the instruction during the upgrade process?

Unread 02/06/2019, 08:52 PM   #20
goulding.c
Registered Member

Another customer with problems.

MY vortec pumps are easily seen on my reef link and eco tec live. But I have battled for 2 days trying to get the dam lights to work right. They will show up but grey and cannot program or do anyting.

After tech support advice and many reboots, factory resets, and going up and down stairs to disconnect power. They finally showed up black and able to adjust in demo mode. With the program button live. But if I change anything at all! or try to load schedule, the program button disappears. If I reboot everything and go back in, and just hit program button , it loads non stop.

I just let it run for an hour!

I would switch back to my metal halides and good old timer in second tomorrow!! My lights are less than year old. I want my money back!

goulding.c is offline   Reply With Quote