Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/14/2015, 07:38 PM   #1
ai4ns
Registered Member

One of my clownfish just keeps dying!

Hey There,
I've been doing a lot of research on this topic but I just couldn't find the information that may help.

So the situation that is happening:
In my 120 Gal tank but something really odd is happening - one of my clowns ALWAYS dies (and the same one lives) and I just can't figure out why would this be happening? From what I see clowns have gotten on well as they always swim & hide together and the other tank members seem to be quite happy with their presence.

I have double checked the water and everything seems to be where it should be. I'm hoping someone can help me as currently the clown is dying and just breathing really heavy and struggling to get off the bottom of the tank.

Currently I have 2 clownies & 2 tangs (blue & unicorn) in a BB tank with a few snails & hermits.

If anyone could help me on this I will be very grateful!

Temp: 27 c
Phos: ~0-0.1
Nitrite: 0
Amonia: 0
Nitrate: 0
Calcium: 430
Salinity: 1.024

ai4ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/17/2015, 08:22 AM   #2
OrionN
Moved on

Did it died and you brought it back to live then it died again?
New fish is the stressed, sicker fish. Likely not eating and chased by resident fish. You put in unhealthy fish, it get abuse by the other clown and fish. New fish is much more likely to died than fish have been there for a time.
Get healthy fish and QT him until he is healthy, eating and fat, then add him in. Then you don't have to keep bring him back to live.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/17/2015, 05:49 PM   #3
Dkuhlmann
Registered Member

Minh, he only brings it back to life by buying a new one. All of his new ones are the ones dying. I think you are correct, the healthy ones are killing the new ones.

Current Tank Info: 40b 750 gph 45 lbs lr, 2"-3" sand, 165w full spectrum dimable LED, 20 gal sump/refugium 30 lbs lr, Bak Pak 2 skimmer, 4" sock temp 79-80, sg 1.026, NH3 0, NO2 0, NO3 <10, ph 8.2, calc 400, mag 1300
Dkuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2015, 03:39 PM   #4
Fragman4
Registered Member

What kind of clowns? If they are maroons it is common as they are hard to pair once one is established.

Fragman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2015, 05:02 PM   #5
OrionN
Moved on

I am just been funny.
ai4ns,
you just need healthy clown and quarantine until they are eating and healthy before you put him into the tank.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2015, 05:38 PM   #6
ThRoewer
Registered Member

I think this threat was a double post. The actual threat is here: One of my clownfish just keeps dying!

Current Tank Info: 200 gal 4 tank system (40x28x24 + 40B + 40B sump tank + 20g refugium) + 30x18x18 mixed reef + 20g East Pacific biotop + 20g FW +...
ThRoewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/22/2015, 06:40 PM   #7
ai4ns
Registered Member

hmm.. Not even sure how this was here.. Just saw this now!

ai4ns is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown