Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/23/2016, 12:45 PM   #1
TerenceF
Registered Member

Big Announcement Today on a Live Stream Event

In case you missed it on FB, on Monday, 5/23 at 4:30PST we will be having a live online event to make a really big announcement. Here is a link to the LiveSteam event. We will also be simulcasting it live on FaceBook.

https://livestream.com/accounts/19467797/events/5450229

Unread 05/24/2016, 10:50 AM   #2
ClownNut
Registered Member

yeah, i have almost every module they ever made.(dos is only one i dont have)... just like every tech toy...it will be nice if apex make the new addon toys work with the classic but at the same time how else they can force you to buy into the new controller, so they can get their hands on your hard earned money.

Current Tank Info: 300DD, SM200/RD3,ATI 60-8X80+4X75, 2 Sea Sweep & 4X6105 & 6208
ClownNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2016, 01:15 PM   #3
TerenceF
Registered Member

Lots of questions and misunderstandings from current Apex customers. Entirely our fault. Please read this FAQ - it should clear things up a lot.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/faq-f...neration-apex/

Unread 05/24/2016, 01:54 PM   #4
unze
Registered Member

What the news on the 240V version. will the power bar be the same?

unze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2016, 02:00 PM   #5
Salty150
Registered Member

Will the new system have a new display?

Salty150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2016, 02:03 PM   #6
mhurley
RC Staff

I came in here to research the new system as a user, not an Admin and wow, that went sideways quick. So now I change hats.

If you have questions about functionality, ask them, that's the entire purpose of this forum that Neptune pays for. Don't make assumptions and spread your false assumptions by making proclamations. So I've deleted a few things to not confuse potential new customers like myself.

Carry on.

Current Tank Info: 60G Cube
mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/26/2016, 09:32 AM   #7
u4ick
Theorist

WOW
Amazing upgrades just to the Energy bar itself let alone all the other great new features.
Love the power monitoring on individual outlets and that they are all relayed outlets now!!

Just wish that darn DOS was at a better price point.

u4ick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/26/2016, 10:15 AM   #8
jkc31
Registered Member

Does the EB832 have a fan and internal temperature control/monitoring? If it doesn't I feel like it would be like sticking my current power supplies and eb8 into my heater duct. At a minimum the usable life would be shorten. Has the device gone through independent testing? If so what is the expected life of the unit?

jkc31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2016, 09:40 PM   #9
TerenceF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownNut View Post
it will be nice if apex make the new addon toys work with the classic but at the same time how else they can force you to buy into the new controller, so they can get their hands on your hard earned money.
We see most all add-on modules and accessories working on all Apex systems - the Junior, the Classic, and the new Apex.

The Energy Bar 832 is the exception. The power monitoring on each outlet meant that the number of inputs (virtual probes in this case) was increased by a factor of at least ten (and of course much more if you had more than one EB832). Also, there are calculations that are done on the base unit for this power monitoring. All of this together meant the Classic and the Junior just didn't have the juice to make it happen. The choice was either not do it at all or do it for the Apex going forward.

At this point, there is nothing on the drawing board that will not work with the Classic or the Junior.

Unread 06/02/2016, 09:41 PM   #10
TerenceF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unze View Post
What the news on the 240V version. will the power bar be the same?
For the immediate future, the international version of the Apex will be the marrying of the new Apex base to the Energy Bar 6 of the region along with all four probes.

Unread 06/02/2016, 09:43 PM   #11
TerenceF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty150 View Post
Will the new system have a new display?
Since smart phones and tablets are pretty much ubiquitous as well as the fact that many people are upgrading from the Apex Classic, we decided not to unnecessarily increase the cost of this new Apex by including the display module. Instead, we made some cosmetic changes to it and then lowered its price to under $100 to be purchased separately as an accessory.

Unread 06/02/2016, 09:45 PM   #12
TerenceF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u4ick View Post
WOW

Just wish that darn DOS was at a better price point.
The DOS was recently dropped in price by $50 and now we even dropped the price even more with a new combo package of the DOS and DDR for $450.

Unread 06/02/2016, 09:45 PM   #13
TerenceF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc31 View Post
Does the EB832 have a fan and internal temperature control/monitoring?
Yes and Yes.

Unread 06/03/2016, 01:15 PM   #14
Mortie31
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceF View Post
For the immediate future, the international version of the Apex will be the marrying of the new Apex base to the Energy Bar 6 of the region along with all four probes.
When can we expect to see this set up available in the UK?
Thanks

Mortie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/03/2016, 10:15 PM   #15
TerenceF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortie31 View Post
When can we expect to see this set up available in the UK?
Thanks
Assuming things go as planned, in about two months we will begin shipping the Apex Base Unit on its own as well as a new kit for the UK consisting of the new Apex, the current Energy Bar 6, and the four probes including the new double junction pH and ORP probes.

Unread 06/04/2016, 01:50 PM   #16
Mortie31
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceF View Post
Assuming things go as planned, in about two months we will begin shipping the Apex Base Unit on its own as well as a new kit for the UK consisting of the new Apex, the current Energy Bar 6, and the four probes including the new double junction pH and ORP probes.
Excellent news thankyou

Mortie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2016, 10:13 AM   #17
zombot
Registered Member

So does this mean the international modules will lack the LED amp sensors?

zombot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2016, 03:07 AM   #18
unze
Registered Member

The new Apex does look pretty good.
As i am based overseas i don't understand why it takes so long to get the new power bars. Buying a new apex with the old power bars does not make sense as what is the point.
Hopefully the new 240v international power bars will be available sooner than later.

Also in terms of memory on board the apex systems, why can't the apex come with a removable memory as that seems to be a limiting factor in most aquarium computers.

unze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2016, 07:54 AM   #19
soulpatch
Registered Member

I watched the new video which was MUCH better in both distribution of info as well as timing. The one thing I caught in the new video I must have missed in the original stream was the new power loss notification if fusion cant connect to the apex for x minutes.

Now THIS I am SUPER excited about. I was about to drop some coin on a UPS workaround but this will solve that issue. I assume since this is a fusion upgrade that this works with all apex units?

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote