Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/03/2018, 05:08 PM   #1
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

Cor 15 question please

Pretty stoked with the new pump! I never had one this quiet. Love the feed mode as well, and the low wattage is such a plus.

I never thought it would have a random flow programmed into it. Is this important? How do I get rid of it?

Current Tank Info: 180 Gallon, 3 G4 Radions
Mike de Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2018, 09:46 AM   #2
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

COr 15

So here’s a schedule of the pump’s running time. Opinions much appreciated. Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 79BA6036-9735-4448-BBF4-955AA9794BE7.jpg (32.0 KB, 10 views)

Unread 12/17/2018, 01:31 PM   #3
slief
RC Sponsor

While I don’t run the Core pumps, if you have an in sump skimmer, changing the flow whether for feed mode or random flow will cause the level in your sump to rise and fall and cause the skimmer to go crazy and likely overflow as a result. Unless you aren’t running skimmer in your sump, I wouldn’t recommend changing the flow. Personally, I use the return flow to distribute food to the fish and corals and don’t use feed mode for any of my pumps.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2018, 04:31 PM   #4
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

Wow! A response, thank you!
The water level in the return pump compartment is the only one that changes. Where the skimmer is located stays constant so no issues there.
As for the feed mode, the pump almost slows to a halt preventing food from going over the overflow, but keeps the siphon going.
You think the changing speeds on the pump is healthy or would it shorten the life of the pump?

Unread 12/17/2018, 04:52 PM   #5
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike de Leon View Post
Wow! A response, thank you!
The water level in the return pump compartment is the only one that changes. Where the skimmer is located stays constant so no issues there.
As for the feed mode, the pump almost slows to a halt preventing food from going over the overflow, but keeps the siphon going.
You think the changing speeds on the pump is healthy or would it shorten the life of the pump?
I don’t think changing the speeds will shorten the pumps life.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2018, 08:44 PM   #6
vanburen
Registered Member

Cor 15 question please

I have a cor and love it too. If using it as a return pump I would not vary speed other than for feed mode. Will change sump levels, mess w ato, skimmer gets upset, overflows make noise etc. I’d skip the wizard and program using a number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by vanburen; 12/17/2018 at 08:50 PM.
vanburen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2018, 11:49 PM   #7
Seasidenj
Registered Member

Changing speeds shouldn't matter with pump life.

Seasidenj is offline   Reply With Quote