Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/17/2018, 09:33 AM   #1
Mistermerlin
Registered Member

Adding a angel fish

Hi can anyone help I have a large fish only tank that I now want to add a blue face angel fish to, i also have a Picasso trigger in my quarantine tank waiting to be added to tank which fish should I put in first? Will be best to add them at the same time,

Mistermerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2018, 12:02 PM   #2
Achilles Torben
Registered Member

Trigger at last I would prefer...

Greetings Torben

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Achilles Torben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2018, 08:14 AM   #3
McPuff
Registered Member

How large is the trigger compared to the other fish? If it's a small one then it shouldn't give you any problems when you do add it. Rhinecanthus triggers are not as aggressive as some other trigger geni.

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2018, 10:52 AM   #4
nereefpat
Registered Member

tank size?

Current Tank Info: 125 in-wall , 40b sump. 6 bulb T5. ASM G2 skimmer. LPS and leathers
nereefpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2018, 04:09 PM   #5
Mistermerlin
Registered Member

Hi my tank is 150 gal, my trigger is a small trigger about 2.5 inches long very friendly & feeding out off my hand, the blue face I am looking at adding is about 5 inches long my current stock is
4” naso tang
3” Anthias x4
2.5” bi colour goat
Coral beauty
3” heniochus butterfly
3” pearl scale butterfly
4” porcupine puffer
Cleaner wrasse
Green chromis x1

Unread 03/30/2018, 09:51 AM   #6
scooter31707
Registered Member

IMO, 150 is pushing it with that Trigger. Please do not add Blueface to that tank. It will need at least a 220 gallon or bigger. Eventually, you will have to get that Naso out too.

scooter31707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2018, 07:05 AM   #7
McPuff
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter31707 View Post
IMO, 150 is pushing it with that Trigger. Please do not add Blueface to that tank. It will need at least a 220 gallon or bigger. Eventually, you will have to get that Naso out too.
If it was a smaller blueface (3" or so) I'd say it'll be fine for a while. They do not grow as fast as some other Pomacanthus spp. But a 5" blueface is too big for the tank, I agree. They really like to roam and in a smaller tank it could get territorial and aggressive. Also agree about the naso. It's getting close to needing a new home. Due to the size of your other fish, and their potential to grow, you'll need to open up some "space" for the additional bioload. The naso is a considerable waste producer itself. The 5" angel would be even more.

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2018, 05:39 AM   #8
Mistermerlin
Registered Member

Hi guys thanks for the advice, i have set up a new aquarium & had a change around with some of the fish to reduce the bioload, the trigger is being put in the new tank in the next week or two, this has left space in my main tank for a blue face angel I am going for a 3” has advised, also we are having the house extended next year & the boss has given the ok to a new large tank 300 uk gallons built into one of the walls happy days