Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/19/2008, 07:59 PM   #1
ghettoeffect27
Registered Member

paddlefin wrasse!

Hi,
I just purchased a paddlefin wrasse( cortez rainbow wrasse) on monday and he has been hiding and coming out and hiding. I now have a porc puffer, foxface, and tomato clown. The only fish that is picking on my wrasse is the tomato clown. Now the wrasse has been hiding in the barnacle for the longest, and i dont know what to do. Anybody help? im afraid he might get ich.

ghettoeffect27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/19/2008, 08:04 PM   #2
Patrick12
Crypt Assassin

You mean break out with ich. Not to put too fine a point on it, but unless you have "ich" aka cryptocaryon irritans, in your system or on your new fish, he will not break out with it no matter how stressed he is. Just making sure the facts on these ectoparasites is straight.

Is there a way you can catch the clown, sequester him in another tank for a couple weeks to allow the wrasse to establish himself, then replace the clown?

Current Tank Info: 60 gallon reef and 150 reef
Patrick12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/19/2008, 08:41 PM   #3
ghettoeffect27
Registered Member

yes, thank you. So he cant get ich no matter how stress he is? I did have a break out of ich a while back, but i dont think its in my tank anymore. And no i cant put my clown in another tank, b/c i dont have a QT or anything. Do you think he will do ok in the barnacle? becuase he is in there for a long time now.

ghettoeffect27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/09/2020, 08:32 PM   #4
dfleary
Premium Member

I have been told (by a very experienced reef keeper and aquarium store owner) that ich is in *every* system, and it waits for times of weakness or stress to show itself. I believe him.

Current Tank Info: 120 Gal. Marine
dfleary is offline   Reply With Quote