Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Tridacnid Clams and other Mollusks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/18/2017, 11:28 PM   #1
malx
Registered Member

How Long to Wait after PM?

So some of you may know that an outbreak of PM killed all my clams. How long do I leave the tank fallow of clams before I can safely add new ones (that I've quarantined this time?)

I was thinking 3 months.

malx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/21/2017, 08:44 PM   #2
OrionN
Moved on

http://www.reefs.org/forums/topic21957.html

As the person who named PMD that started fresh water dip for PMD, are you sure that PMD was what kill your clams?
The linked above was the thread I first discussed PMD and FWD as treatment for it.

If you tank indeed have PMD, you don't have to wait very lone. This parasites (external parasites IMO) does not survive very well in my aquarium without their host. My tank was a deep sand bed full of fauna which may prey on this parasite.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip

Last edited by OrionN; 12/21/2017 at 08:49 PM.
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote